bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
except he didn't explain squat! No spreadsheet, no discussion of "taking out equity" or any of the other jargan, nor actual terms, depreciation schedule, fees, penalties, re-fi hazards, zip! I rarely have YT moments of "that's 20 minutes I won't get back" but this one qualifies.

And I'm sure a hundred million dollar family business as implicit collateral probably greases the skids somewhat.

Taking out equity it means he will refinance the car which probably he did but instead of refinancing on a 300 000 paunds valuation he is refinancing on a current price valuation which should be some ware around 700 000 paunds.

So let's say he did have a 150 000 paunds loan with 150 000 balloon on the end of let's say a 4 years term we can assume 20% down which should be 60 000 paunds out of the 150 000 that he should pay so that leave us with 90 000 paunds to pay over 4 years with 150 000 left at the end.

So let's say you have 7% APR (which in his case probably way less) this mean your monthly payment is 2155 paunds a month for 48 months.

Ones that period passes you have options if you want to keep the car you can pay the balloon, you can sell the car (return to lender) or you can in the case of the 700 000 paunds Ford GT refinance it at the new valuation of 700 000 paunds you only need to refinance and move to a new bigger balloon payment let's say 350 000 paunds. that way you free 350 000 paunds that you can use to buy another car let's say Mustang GTD and start a new 48 months at 7% apr this time with 8135 paunds a month payment.

Your lender is happy because he is giving you more credit and also has a big asset to cover his losses so whatever you can make the payments or not it doesn't matter to him since he will take ownership of your car which is really expensive and you already was paying for 48 months so he made 13 000 paunds.

You are happy because now you also have Mustang GTD and you are only paying 8135 for both cars and if the GTD jump in price you will make a lot of money.

This is obviously just an example of how he is doing it obviously he has youtube income to cover some of this insane payments as he also has 15 cars financed that way at different price points.

But you obviously don't buy a Mustang GTD on a barely making my Mustang GT payments like StangMode.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I appreciate the explanation. My point was the video guy was supposed to explain it. Not you.

And this scheme only works if the asset price increases. Which for supercars may be a sure thing. But the housing crash of 2008 in particular and the house+car implosion of 2024 will be because of this very practice and prices do the unthinkable - ie go down. Or the flip side, interest rates go up instead of down.

When rates go down for 20 years every Corp and poor schmuck can crank the loan outstanding but keep the same monthly payment. When rates go up, even a tiny bit and they reroll, they discover they can't make the monthly. Big oops!

Last edited:

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I appreciate the explanation. My point was the video guy was supposed to explain it. Not you.
Yeah you know how click bate this videos are. I did watch it back then but appreciate that not a lot of people understand how financing of something works in big details. I really can't imagine how hard is to manage such a fleet on such a financing schema but maybe he is better with excel than me.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
.....and the house+car implosion of 2024....
Still waiting on this, but it's inevitable. Especially vehicles, you'd expect that to have crashed, but not yet.

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
I f*cking love it. It's a real life Hotwheels car (at least if it comes in better colors), and it's from an OEM, not the aftermarket. I'm sure it would be fun as hell on track, too.

... I mean I wouldn't buy it (even if I could afford it), but I love it for, you know, other people.

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Blanton’s Bourbon man! I’ve been drinking!
Love Blanton's and as well as all of those various cool horse stoppers and forget just how many different examples of horse stoppers that Blanton came out with?

Bought some cases of Crown Royal XR Red back in 2007 and down to my last case and probably will give it to one of my grandchildren who can enjoy it as much as I have over the years!

CR XR Whisky - 4.jpg

CR XR Whisky - 1.jpg

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Did Ford announce curb weight on this or???
It has to match Porsche GT4RS, GT3, GTxxx, etc
I mean GT4RS is like 500hp at 3200# for $185k.
Difficult to match corner speed with weight of S650 chassis even stripped.

It must run a 1:18-1:20 or less at Harris Hill Raceway and 2:08-2:14 at COTA to be in league with:
GT4
GT3
GT3RS
C6Z06 stripped caged
Turbo Miata Duratec

Tightest and fastest (F1) reference tracks within an hour of each other. I dont think they posted the Honda CTR times from Max Verstappen and Sergio Perez or the non stock car....

Is this just going to be a carbon mustang looking shell on a tube chassis for 300k?

Last edited:

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
It’s really Disney’s fault for the 8 foot ladder wings 😂

Edit: and I love this movie by the way and my son watched it a million times when he was younger. He still watches it from time to time at age 14.
IMG_0045.png
Sponsored

Last edited: