Sponsored

Why no embroidered GT floor mats for an S550?

Tom C

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible
Checked the usual suspects...CJ, LMR, Am Muscle.

Lots of Shelby, Hurst, Roush, running pony choices but no simple GT mats. I have a set from my '14 GT but they don't look like they'll fit my incoming '18.
Sponsored

HeelToeHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP, 05 focus st
Even Lloyds has lacking options for the embroidered mats.

Hope someone has info.

The running pony mats would be nice but I want a set of 4 (only front embroidered).

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Lloyd's lost the licensing agreement with Ford :(

(no idea if anyone has it.....or will pay for it)

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe
Tom, I looked at the floor of an '18 before I ordered, and it looked the same lay out. I think the old ones will fit. At least I hope they do. I've got a set of Weather Tech in my '13. :)

Heck, even the little post that hold the drivers mat in place are in the same place in my '06 as they are my '13. Go figure.

Sponsored

FISHTAIL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP

This. I asked about it back when I got my 16, and they'd just lost their license. Given that it's been 2 years now, I doubt they'll ever get it back.

Sucks, because I would have liked upgraded floor mats, and some rear mats besides. My kids make a mess of the carpet back there with dirty shoes.

TruBlu16GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darrin
Vehicle(s)
'16 Blue GT Base
I was actually disappointed with the quality of the Lloyds mats.
It took my heel 14 years to wear a hole through the stock mats in my Tiburon where it took less than 6 months to do the same to a Lloyds mat.

FISHTAIL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP
I was actually disappointed with the quality of the Lloyds mats.
It took my heel 14 years to wear a hole through the stock mats in my Tiburon where it took less than 6 months to do the same to a Lloyds mat.
I had them in my 11 GT, and they held up fine. I've worn some holes in some mats myself, so I know what you mean though. Still, I'd like a set for my 18 that are more than plain black. Not even ford makes rear mats for the car unless you get those ugly rubber ones.

OP
OP

Tom C

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible

Yet the embroidered GT trunk mat is still available as are mats with a running pony and the Tri-Bar. And on the Carid website they show LLoyds mats with the Ford Blue Oval so it doesn't seem to be a licensing issue.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Tom C

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible
Tom, I looked at the floor of an '18 before I ordered, and it looked the same lay out. I think the old ones will fit. At least I hope they do. I've got a set of Weather Tech in my '13. :)
Sure hope you're right Jim. I have 2 sets of GT mats for my 2014. One set stays on the floor. The driver's side shows heel wear but it's far from being worn through.

A second set is stored in the trunk...those are pristine and I overlay them on the daily mats for car shows. I was going to sell them along with the embroidered trunk mat (which definitely appears that it won't fit an '18) but now I'll wait in the hopes that they'll work on my 'under construction' S550 convertible.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Yet the embroidered GT trunk mat is still available as are mats with a running pony and the Tri-Bar. And on the Carid website they show LLoyds mats with the Ford Blue Oval so it doesn't seem to be a licensing issue.
Incorrect. They don’t offer any Mustang logo’d mats anymore for the 2015-2018 Mustangs.

What is seen as “available” on any Vendor or Forum sponsor sites is only left over stock.

Lloyd’s own website store does not have anything with the Mustang Pony or GT labeling anymore, not even when you go and try to use their mat configurator. They only have mats with the Shelby logos.

So if you can find the Mustang 2015-2018 mats on eBay, forums or on a vendor site that still has NOS, grab them.

Cueball

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kia Optima EX, 2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I have some Pony mats I love for the front. No one ever rides in the back.

KrisHorton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Explorer Sport
I know there are some in the works...a question I have is what would people want? Straight up GT embroidered in a plain floor mat, or something with a little more design in it?