Sponsored

2018 Mustang Gt ticking noise

Chris Barnes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
My 2018 with 511 miles on the odometer makes the identical noise upon cold start. I'm dropping it off at the dealer next week to have them investigate.

ponyv6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ozzy
Vehicle(s)
2019 301A PP1 Velocity Blue
here is how mine sounds like (2018 at 1900miles):

does it do the same when you rev it?
and yeah it only goes away when the oil temp is all the way up in the middle.
it is very annoying

Sponsored

BladeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 HBM 1SS TR6060 NPP
That 2nd vid sounds pretty bad. Mine has the rattle but not the click.........Sounds like car STD's.

usgiorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
That's exactly what my 2016 GT sounded like. BBQ tick mostly heard when passing next to curbs or barriers that could bounce the sound back. The dealer said they couldn't reproduce it.

It was embarrassing to drive the car around since it sounded like it had a bad rod. Glad it's gone.

PonyV6, bring it to the dealer to start documenting the issues.

bigriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Yes bring it in. It won't get any better.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
It sounds like some kind of piston slap.

Sponsored

Osiris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Britton
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP 10SPD GT (Osiris)
I have that SAME EXACT noise but mine does it constantly. It has always done it since I can remember. It has been making me paranoid because it seems like it has gotten worse for me but I'm not sure if it's because I've been paranoid or not. Mine does it alllll the time tho, doesn't seem to go away ever. I would take mine into the dealer but I don't want to put it all back to stock since it has headers. Please let us know if you ever figure out for sure if it's normal

BladeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 HBM 1SS TR6060 NPP
I have that SAME EXACT noise but mine does it constantly. It has always done it since I can remember. It has been making me paranoid because it seems like it has gotten worse for me but I'm not sure if it's because I've been paranoid or not. Mine does it alllll the time tho, doesn't seem to go away ever. I would take mine into the dealer but I don't want to put it all back to stock since it has headers. Please let us know if you ever figure out for sure if it's normal
You should sub. to this thread
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102509

ponyv6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ozzy
Vehicle(s)
That's exactly what my 2016 GT sounded like. BBQ tick mostly heard when passing next to curbs or barriers that could bounce the sound back. The dealer said they couldn't reproduce it.

It was embarrassing to drive the car around since it sounded like it had a bad rod. Glad it's gone.

PonyV6, bring it to the dealer to start documenting the issues.
Yes bring it in. It won't get any better.

I left it to the dealer for 10days and they didnt touch it they were simply waiting to hear back from ford. it hails here where I live, and I will go out of town for a while. the dealer doesnt accept responsibility for hail damage. so I will take the car back, when I am back.

ponyv6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ozzy
Vehicle(s)
the car feels super normal but I also have the rattle at 2000-2200rpm range under low throttle. lets see whats gonna happen when i am back
Sponsored