February Sales

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
Ford can be so stupid, getting rid of the Ranger, not building a Bronco for over 20 years, and getting rid of the V6 Mustang.

It looks like they are phasing out the V6 non-Ecobust engines completely. It will just be the Coyote, Ecobust V6 and I4 engines and a couple of I4 N/A engines. That little 3.7L is a real runner, and it couldn't have been that big a deal to keep it alive. It would be an awesome engine in the new Ranger too.
Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.

drive_55_not

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Coyote, S197 3v, 2018 Gen3 [RIP], 2020 Challenger 'Cat
Could Challenger be leading because so many law enforcement agencies use them. Those sales have to be included in that number I would think.
I've never seen a Challenger used by the Police ..

Dodge has some hefty discounts on their cars right now, I looked at a base R/T 392 Challenger with the TR6060 at a local dealer for $33k ...

I'd hazard a guess if the stock market stays flat and the FED continues to raise interest rates, demand for these Muscles Cars will stay weak without big rebates that Ford has been trying to get away from but just can't..

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
I've never seen a Challenger used by the Police ..

Dodge has some hefty discounts on their cars right now, I looked at a base R/T 392 Challenger with the TR6060 at a local dealer for $33k ...

I'd hazard a guess if the stock market stays flat and the FED continues to raise interest rates, demand for these Muscles Cars will stay weak without big rebates that Ford has been trying to get away from but just can't..

police-cars.jpg

Sponsored

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
Not surprised....for many reasons. One being that its still winter... Another is for reasons we cannot speak of.

Bravo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
German Turbo Box
It looks like they are phasing out the V6 non-Ecobust engines completely. It will just be the Coyote, Ecobust V6 and I4 engines and a couple of I4 N/A engines. That little 3.7L is a real runner, and it couldn't have been that big a deal to keep it alive. It would be an awesome engine in the new Ranger too.
Have you sat behind the wheel of a 3.5TT yet? There is a good reason that it's not in the Mustang lineup - GT sales would fall even more.

itguy08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium, 2010 Taurus SHO, 2011 F150
Have you sat behind the wheel of a 3.5TT yet? There is a good reason that it's not in the Mustang lineup - GT sales would fall even more.
If they offered it, the 5.0 would be a tough sell for me. I love the engine in my Taurus and in the F150. Power nearly everywhere and the F150 is as quick as some sports cars of the 80's and 90s.

Sponsored

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
There's a female cop in my neighborhood who switches between a Mustang or Challenger unmarked..
IMG_1037.jpg

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

i have fucking challenger ads on this forum. That should say something.
That's tailored to you man. The internet has "selective advertising." Whatever you search on Google will appear in the ads you see. You search Challenger, Dodge ads will show up. Right now I've got a Dodge ad on this forum for the Promaster City Van they make. It gets a best-in class highway 28 mpg!

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Ford just needs to significantly increase the displacement of the GT V8 so that it becomes the top dog again.

I like the power of the 3.5, but it sounds like dog poo. No thanks.

Oh, and on the Challenger - I don't like bigger cars but it is way more comfortable than the 2015+ Mustang. Why they had to make the seats so narrow completely escapes me. I should say - I get that crash safety stuff is the reason why I have a huge gap between my body and the door, but did they really have to sacrifice daily comfort to get that rating?

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
FYI, the biggest reason the Challenger sold the most in February is because of the new AWD GT model. Offering AWD was a genius move by Dodge.
Bingo. I was wondering if anyone was gonna realize this. This along with Dodge actually advertising the car is what is selling Challengers. I would assume from now on the Challenger will be the winter muscle car sales winner. And since they have been out for several months before winter means they had time to sit on dealer lots and get discounts, further helping those sales.

Ford and GM have bigger fish to fry. Ford seems to give all their marketing budget to the best-selling F-150 and now the new EcoSport to cash in on the lifted hatchback craze. GM is too busy trying to find "real people" to call the Chevy Equinox a "bad mamba jamba" and other such nonsense and treats the Camaro like a red-headed stepchild when it comes to marketing at least.
Sponsored