z460

MR.BIG SHOT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JT
Vehicle(s)
f250
Come on man you cant' tell if the car supercharged didn't sound like a 5.2 flat p[lane crank that was not a DCT it was a 6 speed are we at the point of making stuff up now damn
Sponsored

z460

MR.BIG SHOT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JT
Vehicle(s)
f250
They are asking $100,000+ For a dodge demon at leat at Texas Dodge dealers I could buy a super snake for less with the right mods beat a Dodge Demon
With 800hp..and under 4000. The demon will be exorsized!

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
Some people must have good ears. I can go up through the gears in my 2014 GT500 with the windows down and all I hear is wind noise and exhaust sound. I hear no super charger whine on my 2014 GT500. Ford has a strict NVH guideline all vehicles are built to conform to before they are sold to the public. I would be surprised to hear SC whine on a street legal Mustang from Ford.

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang
Some people must have good ears. I can go up through the gears in my 2014 GT500 with the windows down and all I hear is wind noise and exhaust sound. I hear no super charger whine on my 2014 GT500. Ford has a strict NVH guideline all vehicles are built to conform to before they are sold to the public. I would be surprised to hear SC whine on a street legal Mustang from Ford.
Not hearing anything at all does make a person wonder.

B4Sunrise

Team play is essential
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Well, other than the wheels the only conclusion that can be drawn is that car did not have a turbo on it, and I don't believe it had a supercharger either. Did anyone else hear indication of either? Neither did that engine sound like it could be a larger displacement engine (the rumored 7.0L). My guess is that is either a GT350 or a Mach1 variant of the GT, or quite possibly a plane jane GT. Rumor is that the GT is going to be pushing out better than 470 HP with the peak extending close to 7500 rpm, IMO if they do that they will have a car that will be a considerably better track car than the 1LE. I think Ford would love to put a car like that out, as the Camaro has essentially staked it's future on being a "track focused car". If Ford can better the 1LE - and there is no reason they can't, well that'd be pure satisfaction. Clearly I could care less about the Dodge cars, finish off Chevy, then go for Dodge....stick to the plan.

Sponsored

bigdave03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2106 Mustang Gt
Rear Brembo Brake caliper is different then the current versions :gossip:

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
I'm surprised M6G is 100% sure of the name and engine of this car. I can guarantee 100%, the engine is NOT a 5.2 flat plane.
Nobody thinks the next halo Mustang will have the Voodoo engine.

....My guess is that is either a GT350 or a Mach1 variant of the GT, or quite possibly a plane jane GT. Rumor is that the GT is going to be pushing out better than 470 HP with the peak extending close to 7500 rpm, IMO if they do that they will have a car that will be a considerably better track car than the 1LE. I think Ford would love to put a car like that out, as the Camaro has essentially staked it's future on being a "track focused car". If Ford can better the 1LE - and there is no reason they can't, well that'd be pure satisfaction. Clearly I could care less about the Dodge cars, finish off Chevy, then go for Dodge....stick to the plan.

That would be far more exciting to me than some mega-number crazy expensive halo Mustang. Something that I would actually buy and drive hard is what I want to see.

Big Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6
I'm surprised M6G is 100% sure of the name and engine of this car. I can guarantee 100%, the engine is NOT a 5.2 flat plane. That engine has not been around more than 2.5 yrs, which is not nearly enough time to be tested for supercharged application in a production GT500 replacement. Whereas the old 5.8 was the 5.4, dating back to 2003 in tne Ford GT... And, it will not be called a Shelby. It will be a GT500-Cobra or reciprocal. The 2007-14' was only a SVT GT500 and not a Shelby. This mule is also based on the 2015-17' GT350... The new top SVT model will have the new body stay with some nice front end updates. Plus, if it has 755 hp, just strip the interior and insulation out, add drag tires, skinny fronts and a 100-116 octane race gas ECU tune like the Demon, and I guarantee it'll give a Demon a run. But the Demon in street trim is 808 hp on 93 octane, and 792 hp on 87 fuel. The new SVT will be loaded with creature comforts, and run similar high 10's stock, which is about what a full interior, 93 octane 808 hp Demon should do. So it'll be interesting to see. Though the Demon is very limited production and going for $92-104k from a handful
Of orders I've seen in my dealers national database.
The 07-14 cars were indeed called Shelby GT500s. Also SVT was disbanded in favor of using the global moniker of Ford Performance.

I am also kind of shocked that no one really seems to know what is going on with this car as well.

My dad had an 07 GT500. From behind, you couldn't tell even if he went WOT. However coming towards you, you could hear that S/C screaming!

Sponsored

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Update....

Upon closer inspection of that hood, there is a hood scoop that is raised. There's something sitting on top of that engine... I suspect... so I may have to revise my statement that it is solely NA, unless that is there as a "shaker" assembly, of which I am inclined to believe given the indention behind the scoop when viewed on a side profile.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
The hood doesn't need a bump to fit a blower on top as evidenced by the number of regular GT's with PD blowers under stock hoods.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not implying that it does on regular GTs, but for a track oriented car you could need it to aid in heat removal and air induction.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Not implying that it does on regular GTs, but for a track oriented car you could need it to aid in heat removal and air induction.

I would rather vent the hood than add a scoop or some other form of raised shape to the hood. Air induction will come from the grille area where the air is under higher pressure.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I hear ya man, but scoops are on Machs... and they shake too.

I'm with you, as I'd rather have a vent/extractor setup, which screams track car. I do not believe this car is the ultra high performance variant we saw with the fender gills as that car has a more traditional vent/extractor setup.
Sponsored