Sponsored

How Often Are You Asked To Do A Burnout?

Teezlr

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.JakeTiesler.com
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP - 2000 Land Cruiser - 2001 Sequoia
"Roast em" "Light em up" "Peel Out"
All of these are things I hear on a weekly basis. About a half hour ago I was coming out of the gas station I go to quite frequently, cause you know low MPG probs, and this, well, young woman I wouldn't bring home to mom yells at me "Light em up when you leave" I said "Hell no unless you're paying for tires' to which she replies with in a serious manner "Well what the f**ks the point?" Mind you this gas station is completely packed. All the pumps are taken, there's a multitude of people walking from the pumps to the building. I don't know if it's my location (Arkansas) or if it's a normal thing. I'm curious if any of y'all are told to do this and what your response to it is. Also, if there are any other things you're told to do while driving from bystanders I'd love to hear them.
Its your location, if I did a burnout here people would call the cops on me or yell haha but I'm from TN so I totally understand what you are talking about. I was always the kid yelling "do a burnout!!!"

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Never! I just give them a throttle blip

hr884

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ross
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I haven't been asked to do a burnout since I lived in CA and daily drove a foxbody.

Lilby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
"to which she replies with in a serious manner "Well what the f**ks the point?"
She's absolutely right. All that development work on the suspension, brakes, seats, rev limits, etc. were all done purely for the sake of lighting up the tires at the local gas station.

Little known fact, the reason the stereo sounds so bad is that it was developed specifically to play Free Bird, and only Free Bird, and too many people are playing other music, thereby not getting the correct effect. Rock and Roll!!! :headbang:

Sponsored

FP350S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robear
Vehicle(s)
16 TY GT350
I've NEVER had a request like that. But then again, in Seattle people are more likely to pray you do it, secretly hope you crash, record it, post it to the internet, and then tell everyone how they chewed you out after they stopped recording the video.

We're a bit passive aggressive up here.
In Dallas they'll cheer and egg you on to excessive acceleration leaving the DFW Cars & Coffee. Then after laugh and jeer while videoing when you get pulled over by the men in blue. :tsk:

To answer OP...never.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Little known fact, the reason the stereo sounds so bad is that it was developed specifically to play Free Bird, and only Free Bird, and too many people are playing other music, thereby not getting the correct effect. Rock and Roll!!! :headbang:
I thought it was Green Grass and High Tides?

SVTinAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2003 Lightning & ERA FE Cobra
Must be specific areas of Little Rock this is an issue. I've only had my car 3 months and I mostly commute to work in it but it doesn't seem to draw an unusual amount of attention - a couple thumbs up from other drivers and a couple pickem-up trucks that pulled along side and nailed the accelerator to wheeze ahead of me. Think I had more attention in my 12 GT - seemed like every other Mustang GT that passed me or crossed in front of me would rev their engines to blast their pipes in my direction.

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Never. I wouldn't do it, regardless. I did a few when I was younger but it's a novelty and tires are expensive...not to mention that I've become an anal detailer (did that on purpose) and don't want rubber gummies up inside the arches ;)

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Track Pack; 1995 GT - Saleen Clone
This all day long. I think I have done 1 burn out in approaching 2 years.
Wait until you try out the line lock...I only did it twice and now I spin through most of 2nd gear. No more burnouts for me!

JJones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 s550GT
There is no point in it and it is hard on the car. You will never catch me doing it to any of my cars.
get a fusion chump!

JJones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 s550GT
Never. I wouldn't do it, regardless. I did a few when I was younger but it's a novelty and tires are expensive...not to mention that I've become an anal detailer (did that on purpose) and don't want rubber gummies up inside the arches ;)

cars are to be used art is to be looked at! why dont you sell the car to someone who knows what to do with it!

like having a hot woman and never hit it...a damn shame! thankfully i beat my like someone who stole something! chumps!
Sponsored