Sponsored

Any anti-front plate rebels out there?

Figures

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Looking at the regulation it does not specifically say that you cant have it there.

https://www.txdps.state.tx.us/rsd/vi/misc/faq/viFAQ.htm

http://info.sos.state.tx.us/pls/pub/readtac$ext.TacPage?sl=R&app=9&p_dir=&p_rloc=&p_tloc=&p_ploc=&pg=1&p_tac=&ti=43&pt=10&ch=217&rl=22
Sponsored

LindsayEOD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Thanks. Maybe that will be my loop hole then.

Rv-Junke

Rv-Junke
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black GT - PP
I have the plate mounted on the removable piece of the Sto n Sho in my trunk...in the event I get pulled over, I say I had just cleaned and forgot to put on, install and now I have plate. I do this on this car and my GT500.

KARR_956

Magnetic Mania
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Edson
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang v6
Looking at the regulation it does not specifically say that you cant have it there.

https://www.txdps.state.tx.us/rsd/vi/misc/faq/viFAQ.htm

http://info.sos.state.tx.us/pls/pub/readtac$ext.TacPage?sl=R&app=9&p_dir=&p_rloc=&p_tloc=&p_ploc=&pg=1&p_tac=&ti=43&pt=10&ch=217&rl=22
But it specifically says exterior(?) although to be honest, many people have their plates on the dash and have had no problems with the cops

Sponsored

Renner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT SOLD-2015 Ecoboost SOLD
Socal is crazy giving tickets

I just got the CJ bracket so I wont have to drill my bumper
The sto n sho one?

Can you take pics installed and what the bracket looks like when plate is not on?

OP
OP

DontKnowMe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I bought a sto-n-sho but I haven't put it on yet.

Christopher_R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christopher
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP Ruby Red
No front plate here. Reminded my sales rep multiple times while waiting for my car to be built and delivered. Car was delivered to me with a perfect, hole free bumper yesterday. Bought a sto-and-sho, just in case, but won't install unless I have to.

RustedAngel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 350R HR215
StoN'Sho, bracket installed, mounted plate sitting in my back seat. Lol.

Had the plate in the window, hitting the stretch from Cameron to College Station, got popped by a Trooper in a Charger for no plate and "greater than 70mph." Two lane highway, first nice weather in about a month, he was oncoming and I was the last car in my line. I knew what was coming as soon as we passed and I saw brake lights. Haha.

I told him dealership hadn't given me the bracket and that's why I had the plate in the dash. He let me go with a warning.

He had no way to know I was speeding as I wasn't overtaking the cars in front of me, he pulled me on the license plate alone but added more to justify the warning I'd guess.

Ordered the StoSho the next day to help out in that area.

From how I understand it, there's certain areas notorious for it, and it's mainly the ones Troopers control.

Which is annoying as I had my Fusion for a good 2 years without it and never got pulled for it not being there...but with the Mustang, different results. Haha. Oh well.

Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I dont plan to run a plate in the front, at most I will put it in my dash. I have insurance and proper license, I have nothing to hide, plus im not robbing banks

Turrizm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Been stopped for speeding once and stopped again for a random check and cops didnt mention the missing plate or ticket me either time (I wasnt really speeding and knew the lady cop didnt clock me)... Too much other stuff going on around here. If they stop you because of front plate, they really want to see if you have warrants or some other shyt.

transitmaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 ingot premium eb pp manual
Driven by several cops since I got the car, haven't got pulled over for it yet
Sponsored