Sponsored

Any anti-front plate rebels out there?

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
I was front plateless for seven years without issue while I was in DFW. I moved to Austin recently and plan to try to pull the same thing off here... Will see if Austin cops are any bigger @$$holes than the North Texas ones were.
Sponsored

Texican1911

Ford Certified Sales Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a Lightning Blue with Midnight Blue 20" wheels Safe & Smart, Active Exhaust, Shaker
I've got a request in at my dealer to not install the front license bracket upon arrival. Hopefully I will order some other type of option in the meantime. Cops in The Woodlands look for an excuse to pull you over. I definitely don't want to give them an easy one.
My last gf lived in Spring when we started dating and the fastest I ever drove in heavy freeway traffic was that stretch of 45. Never saw a cop.

That said, check the link.
http://www.hidetheplate.com/product_info.php?products_id=1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I was front plateless for seven years without issue while I was in DFW. I moved to Austin recently and plan to try to pull the same thing off here... Will see if Austin cops are any bigger @$$holes than the North Texas ones were.
A lot of places have traffic cameras now and will send you a ticket in the mail automatically for driving without a front plate. Not sure if they have that in Austin.

TaraFirma

Wait.....Wut?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 17 GT350, 19 GT, 65 coupe, 13 F-150, 14 Porsche Panamera eHybrid
NW austin here.
City police typically wont pull you over for no front plate. It would be another violation after you've been pulled over for something else. DPS and county sherrifs WILL pull you over for no front plate. It's all about money.
The front plate is the most refective part of the front of the car, so that is where the LASER is aimed. Without it it's more difficult to get the LASER to register a speed.

CMC#5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 GT
I havent had a plate on the front of my S197 since I bought it new early in '07 and have yet to be pulled over for it. I've got over 100k Texas miles on the clock. I also didnt have one on my suburban and did get pulled over for that, but in a little tiny town outside of San Antonio. I will add I've been pulled over in the mustang several times for other reasons lol but nobody has ever mentioned its plate.

Of course I'll probably get a ticket for it tonight...

Sponsored

dcrypter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT
Front plates are not issued in New Mexico.
My 12' was a dealer trade from New Mexico because it was the only place in the country with what I wanted and it didn't come with a front plate bracket. Not only that but my dealer never put one on when I picked up the car either.

I was ecstatic :headbang::clap2::headbang::clap2:

I did get pulled over once by a trooper who gave me a warning about not having the front plate and then he let me go. I am considering get the electric sto and go this time around though just to avoid the hassle of getting pulled over on my lunch break again haha.

The Dude Abides

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT PP Magnetic
30 year driver, never been pulled over for it, not going to start now!

PandaMike5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Magnetic GT Premium A10
Oddly enough I was pulled over the other day because a cop decided to run my plates (though I was obeying all road laws) and for some reason no information came back. I asked why my plates were run and what prompted him to do so with no response. After some chit chat he was pretty cool about everything and realized that for some reason the registration had not made its way to the database but all was good and the car matched up to me. Throughout this whole process I thought I was going to be ticketed for not having a front plate on the car. He did not even mention this throughout the process and just told me to keep driving safely and to have a nice day.

Sponsored

Patrick S

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium 50 year Ap/Pkg
he wanted to check out the car. probably an import guy and had no idea what it was so, ran the plates to see what kind of car it was.

since they came back with no details, he had to pull you over for a closer look.

Monster_Load

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White GT Premium, 2007 Tundra Limited
Not running one. I keep the plate behind the drivers seat. I always tell John Law, that I got it, just haven't made it to the dealership to have it installed.

PandaMike5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Magnetic GT Premium A10
he wanted to check out the car. probably an import guy and had no idea what it was so, ran the plates to see what kind of car it was.

since they came back with no details, he had to pull you over for a closer look.
I want to say that this is true. I think I'd much rather him just tell me he was pulling me over to check out the car though ha. He didn't ask one question about it.

jedirocker

Threads
Reaction score
Website
visualuniverse.org
First Name
PJ
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
On my '13 Audi S4 and '07 4Runner, I opted not to do front plates. Because I ordered the Audi, it came without a front plate bracket. For the 4Runner, which I turned into an off-road overland rig, the front off-road bumper didn't have a place for a front plate. Figured since I didn't fit the profile of a thug, I could get away with it...and if I was gonna get stopped, it'd be in the sporty S4. Amazingly, it was when I was coming back from a Toyota off-road event in New Mexico, on HWY 380 in TX, that I got stopped by DPS. He complimented my truck, and then proceeded to let me know I was breaking the law, followed by even more questions about my truck and what brands of guns I owned (had to present my CHL w/ DL). He let me off with a warning, but dang...that was a looong conversation.

LindsayEOD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I'm new to Texas and would like to know if its legal to put the front plate on the dash?
Sponsored