Sponsored

Any anti-front plate rebels out there?

DontKnowMe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
They are required by law, but I do see cars from time to time that don't have a front plate or they will have it sitting on the dash board.
Sponsored

williamwally

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 gt
I am now plateless and was when I lived in the city. Haven't gotten any flack in the 'burbs' about it but would regularly get tickets in Chicago, multiple in a day. Most expensive 'mod' I've done going plateless in the front...

dcrypter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT
I didn't have a front plate on my '12 GT the entire time I had it and I definitely won't be putting it on the front of my '15. It just looks so terrible.

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Plateless for 3 years and will continue

EXP Jawa

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.torsen.com
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
1999 Cobra Convertible, Electric Green
I've done so in the past and got away with it for a number of years. I was, however, ticketed and fined for not having a front plate about 5 years ago and decided it wasn't worth it to me anymore. The funny thing was at the time, I had a front plate on my car by then, but that day I wasn't driving my car...

Sponsored

Patrick S

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium 50 year Ap/Pkg
i know fronts are required in Nebraska, and tags are required on both front and back, which was different in California, where they required fronts and backs, but did not require tags on the fronts. i would love to go without the fronts.... but i don't believe the ticket would be worth it. :(

acgott

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Competition Orange
I got pulled over by dps on my way home from work in my Raptor that never received the front plate hardware. Gave me a warning but said the next time I was pulled over I would get a ticket. I'm planning on doing a drill-less solution with the car once I receive it.

BONESTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Lightning, 87 GT
Nope not putting one on mine (when I get one) in MA.

Haven't had one on my Lightning or Mustangs for years and don't plan on putting one. Never get flack for them either.

KARR_956

Magnetic Mania
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Edson
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang v6
I'm glad I'm not getting mine till April so it will probably be enough time for the aftermarket to offer a flip down holder :headbonk:

Sponsored

Trevon

97 Hummer, 15 GT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP Recaro
Here in SD, it's only required "if the vehicle is set up for it." So no holes = no plate for me.

Fenderaddict2

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fastmyles.com
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang Boss 302
I refuse to run a front plate and haven't since I bought a '89 Miata. I refuse to screw up the style and aerodynamics/fuel efficiency of my cars that obviously were designed without front plate consideration. I've been pulled over 3 times, and warned but not ticketed. If I ever am I plan on fighting it on environmental grounds are high up as I need to go.

ACR2011

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Mustang GT Premium w/PP
I'm from California, Not putting one on mine. I didn't put one up for my Lancer and haven't had any problems (knock on wood)

PandaMike5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Magnetic GT Premium A10
I've got a request in at my dealer to not install the front license bracket upon arrival. Hopefully I will order some other type of option in the meantime. Cops in The Woodlands look for an excuse to pull you over. I definitely don't want to give them an easy one.
Sponsored