Sponsored

Is it worth trading a GT for a Mach 1 or GT350?

lo-fi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT (Zero Options, Orange Fury)
Not my fault they Choose the non handling pack.. you would think if they wanted he beat time they would pick the best version.. I am just saying what the times are for cars that were driven by professionals not by some guy or some rumor. There is videos and proof of these laps. The gt350 time is the R of course.. again, if your trying to set the best time bring the best car lol..
Alright guys, the dude's a troll, lets all do the thing a troll hates most, ignore him.
Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
All the cars are good cars
So if you believe this, why did you come here and basically shit all over the M1? Calling it a dumbed down PP2 is not even factually correct but also an unnecessary statement. The PP1 and PP2 are indeed good cars (they have their shortcomings like all of them do) but I don’t see any of the M1 guys putting those cars down just to raise their cars up. Buy what you like and others will do the same whether you think it’s worth it or not.

GR1MxREAPER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I was just joking but then people Took it to the next level and were soo mad so I kept going with it.. lol. There is tons of videos saying the gt350 And mach1 are pretty close. Y’all need to relax.. atleast some seen it was a troll. Back to topic, Sorry OP.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT

Sponsored

BlkMach10510

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
Last edited:

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I might have watched high school wrestling if you had to spell your opponents.word before you could advance position. Or a pin could be negated if you spelled.the challenge word correctly.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
"...long road trip..." in a late model GT500? You better have a fuel tanker following you. My GT350 isn't great either but the quote that makes me laugh was from the Throttle House guys that said the GT500 fuel mileage is so poor it almost makes the car unusable
They drove from Virginia to Wisconsin. She flew home. On the highway, my son said he was getting gas mileage in the upper teens. Frequent stops for gas are probably welcome. It's not a comfortable car for any distance.

JayAction

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
They drove from Virginia to Wisconsin. She flew home. On the highway, my son said he was getting gas mileage in the upper teens. Frequent stops for gas are probably welcome. It's not a comfortable car for any distance.
Does he have the recaros, rather than the comfort seats? Or are they big people?

I think it's about as comfortable as any car that's not just 100% focused on luxury, especially in normal mode. I've put about 32,000 miles on my gt500. Of those, probably 5 miles were in normal mode, because it's just entirely too soft and reminiscent of an economy cruiser

I use mine as a daily but I've made a lot of 4-11 hour drives.

Sponsored

Hangman77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350R Heritage
I don't think your wife would appreciate road trips in a GT350 if it's anything like a GT500. My son has a 2021 GT500 and him and his girlfriend took a long road trip with it. She took a plane home.
that’s how you know she’s not a keeper. Good test.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
that’s how you know she’s not a keeper. Good test.
or maybe he was bogarting the driving duties. Or he drives in a way she doesn't like - inattentive, too fast, unpredictable... who knows.

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
No. Use the $ saved to mod the GT.

kb19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt350r, mach 1
I've owned both a 2019 GT350R and 2023 Mach 1 (with the FP springs and sway bar) and I can totally second your son's experience after doing 300 mile road trips in both. Mostly freeway mileage in the GT305R was right around 21-22 mpg and 28-29 mpg in the Mach 1. Even with the FP springs and sway bars (supposed to be more capable than the Mach 1 HP ones), the comfort in the Mach 1 especially with standard seats that included active cooling was WAY better than in the hug-you-like-your-grandma-when-she-hasn't-seen-you-in-a-while grip of the Recarros of the GT350R. The GT350R has a lot of very special things going for it, but If the OP plans road trips with his SO, it's not even a close decision.
Sponsored