Sponsored

Gen 2 500+ hp na?

chuy_lll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Hello all,

I would like to know if it is possible to reach around 500+hp without going boost yet what else can I add to my build? I'm currently FBO (Stainless Power 1-7/8-Inch Long Tube Headers Catted, 18+ ported mani, 47lb injectors, tuned on E85, stock 3.15 gears auto) Mainly do 40-60 rolls and think my gearing is my weak point as I can stay along most but after shifting is where I tend to fall behind. Overall, I would still like to end somewhere around 500+hp NA just don't really know how to go about it. All questions, suggestions, or build examples would be much appreciated :).
Sponsored

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
For the cost vs the outcome it’s almost always better to just go FI. Especially on a Gen 2.

My assumption is that to get to 500 WHP on a Gen 2, you’re looking at head work and cams or nitrous.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
If you want 500 wheel hp you’re gonna have to do everything lol.

Might as well go FI because it’ll be cheaper and in the end you can still get a carb/EO sticker for it if that’s important to you.

OP
OP

chuy_lll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
For the cost vs the outcome it’s almost always better to just go FI. Especially on a Gen 2.

My assumption is that to get to 500 WHP on a Gen 2, you’re looking at head work and cams or nitrous.
heads as in piston heads? sorry not really to knowledgeable with engine works

Sponsored

OP
OP

chuy_lll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
If you want 500 wheel hp you’re gonna have to do everything lol.

Might as well go FI because it’ll be cheaper and in the end you can still get a carb/EO sticker for it if that’s important to you.
Interesting I'm guessing I would just have to search up sc/pc/turbos which are carb-legal? Honestly one of the factors for wanting to stay NA

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
heads as in piston heads? sorry not really to knowledgeable with engine works
I’m just gonna be honest here and please don’t take this the wrong way.

If you’re not knowledgeable about how an engine works I would probably just do the bolt ons, learn and develop from there. HP just gets you into trouble really fast.

It’s just like track life, the person that thinks they know everything takes a cab home while there busted car leaves on a flatbed.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Interesting I'm guessing I would just have to search up sc/pc/turbos which are carb-legal? Honestly one of the factors for wanting to stay NA
N/A mods are also illegal depending on which state you live in.

Just saw that you’re in SoCal. I would research before spending any money.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Custom cams, RPM & good fuel. None of that NSR cam bs. Stock heads are more than capable to handle 600hp NA even.

Sponsored

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
My inclination would be to swap for 3:55 gears. That's a fairly small displacement engine that needs high rpms to make power. So a gear swap would help get you there sooner

Paris MkVI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium convertible, 2015 Escape 2.0 Titanium
Vehicle Showcase
What John said. Put 3.55s in the rear for a lot less money. Get your 435 horse engine up in the power band.

It's what I'd do if I was spending my own money. Or even 3.73s if you don't care about gas mileage.

Paul McWhiskey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium w/PP
Mine has 3.73’s and gets 25.5 mpg on long hi-way trips. Easily gets 23.5 with mixed driving. And when I want to hammer on it a bit it gets I don’t care mileage. At that point I am more interested in smiles to the miles and not mpg.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Don’t sleep on nitrous. It’s cheaper than a sc or turbo and will net you huge power gains. I would say a 150 hp shot would be the max for longevity, although many people have sprayed 200 without issue. You’ll surpass that 500 hp goal. My FBO car jumped from 469 rwhp to 639 rwhp on a 150 shot.
Sponsored

Last edited: