bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
They said that the transmission fluid in the DH was getting hot? Does the DH have all the same cooling as the M1?
It does and it does the same in M1 as well at least for our brief test with a friends A10 M1 on my local track the trans started behaving in like 2 hot laps.
Sponsored

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 premium
One word: marketing

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
Well it would suck if Dark Horse was 0.2 sec behind Mach 1 HP :giggle:
This only shows they're pretty much equal. Those 20 hp are useless.
Mach 1 with long tube headers and H-pipe tuned to premium octane petrol (AKI 93+ / RON 100) will beat DH to the ground while DH has issues to be tuned (unless authorized as it's online locked). That's my plan after warranty expires in 5 years.

Not even talking about worse looking exteriour and questionable/subjective interiour.
We chose well, I knew it already in 2021 :sunglasses:

Evenmetal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
So as a Mach 1 owner we no longer have a dog in this fight, but it was nice to see the Dark Horse only bested the Mach 1's time by .2 sec.

Strange as it was, the DH was listed as 2:50.0 during the commentary section but later showed 2:51.2 which I find to be more likely.

Kinda wish they would test these lap times using the full course and not the grand course.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
I was surprised by this. I ran the A10 in the track attack and the transmission had no issues with temps.
You're probably nowhere near the driver that the one in the Mach is. This is not meant to be offensive in anyway, but trans temperature is almost directly related to driver skill and how hard they drive.

I can drive around like a grandma at 6/10ths and keep the trans temp in check all day, or I can go all out 10/10 and overheat the trans in 1-2 laps.

Sponsored

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
You're probably nowhere near the driver that the one in the Mach is. This is not meant to be offensive in anyway, but trans temperature is almost directly related to driver skill and how hard they drive.

I can drive around like a grandma at 6/10ths and keep the trans temp in check all day, or I can go all out 10/10 and overheat the trans in 1-2 laps.
No offense taken. Thanks for the explanation.

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
Well it would suck if Dark Horse was 0.2 sec behind Mach 1 HP :giggle:
This only shows they're pretty much equal. Those 20 hp are useless.
Mach 1 with long tube headers and H-pipe tuned to premium octane petrol (AKI 93+ / RON 100) will beat DH to the ground while DH has issues to be tuned (unless authorized as it's online locked). That's my plan after warranty expires in 5 years.

Not even talking about worse looking exteriour and questionable/subjective interiour.
We chose well, I knew it already in 2021 :sunglasses:
Thatā€™s why I bough a 2022, I was waiting for the 2024 to come out and see the refresh. Glad I stayed with S550 platform.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 ; 2021 Escape; 2024 Ranger Raptor
The previously tested 2021 Mach 1 with Handling Package was a manual. The 2024 Dark Horse with Handling Package was an automatic. Shouldn't the automatic be expected to be significantly faster? Shouldn't the Pirelli P Zero Trofeo RS tires be an advantage over the Mach 1 non-R Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2s? Shouldn't the rear Brembos on the Dark Horse be an advantage? Why is the Dark Horse so slow? Is the 20 extra hp more than offset by 200 extra lbs? It would be nice to see results with the same driver on the same day.

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
Shouldn't the automatic be expected to be significantly faster?
No, it's not a drag race
Shouldn't the Pirelli P Zero Trofeo RS tires be an advantage over the Mach 1 non-R Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2s?
Same day same driver same conditions - sure. Otherwise it's not directly comparable
Shouldn't the rear Brembos on the Dark Horse be an advantage?
No, there is no stopwatch advantage in having rear brembos.
Is the 20 extra hp more than offset by 200 extra lbs
Again, it's not a drag race. 200lbs is a lot to carry through turns.
would be nice to see results with the same driver on the same day.
Throttle House has exactly that in their track test video

tangermean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby Gt350, 68 Coupe
It would also be interesting to see the DH with the optional carbon fiber wheels and see how much of a difference that makes as well

Sponsored

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
Iā€™m saying itā€™s such an infinitesimal difference as to be inconsequential, especially given all the variables.

Really, who cares?

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
which given the HUGE difference in tires is a poor showing to put it mildly. Then again just how cold was it?
The Throttle House video is a good one. Shows where the DH stands in relation to others like the M2, SS1LE, etc. It is the HP so itā€™s on the Trofeo R tires.