Sponsored

Wondering if I'll get trolled for gloss black ford performance spoiler.

VooDeeZy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Probably asking out of own insecurities but I'm looking for opinions on installing gloss black gurney flap spoiler on non hp mach 1.

I originally ordered a 22 700a hp mach 1 in January. I was informed by ford connection that my build was going to take an extremely long time to be built and could potentially be canceled or switched to 600a. So I bought a 700a non hp 21

I'm not a fan of the base wheels so I ordered the ford performance black wheels that are also 19x9.5 and 19x10 so I can swap stock ps4s right onto them.

this leads me to the spoiler, which I also ordered. I like the the satin magnetic look more but have reservations about getting it painted and also think that the gloss black would match the wheels better.

My concern is that my car is going to end up looking like a hp poser, or gimmicky for not having the correct color spoiler which is def not the style/vibe I am going for.
Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Probably asking out of own insecurities but I'm looking for opinions on installing gloss black gurney flap spoiler on non hp mach 1.

I originally ordered a 22 700a hp mach 1 in January. I was informed by ford connection that my build was going to take an extremely long time to be built and could potentially be canceled or switched to 600a. So I bought a 700a non hp 21

I'm not a fan of the base wheels so I ordered the ford performance black wheels that are also 19x9.5 and 19x10 so I can swap stock ps4s right onto them.

this leads me to the spoiler, which I also ordered. I like the the satin magnetic look more but have reservations about getting it painted and also think that the gloss black would match the wheels better.

My concern is that my car is going to end up looking like a hp poser, or gimmicky for not having the correct color spoiler which is def not the style/vibe I am going for.
Don't give 2 phuks about what other people think. You like it, then do it.

Konamoth

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base
Methinks you're worrying a bit too much about it. Do what you like; don't worry about others. Especially considering that, at the end of the day it's an extremely minor cosmetic change. I can almost promise that only people who obsess on minutia are even gonna have the thought that it's the, "wrong colored spoiler".

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
19h2ne.jpg

Sponsored

Esset

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2021 MACH 1
I was dealing with the same question and finally decided to keep it in the gloss, BUT before I could install the spoiler, I found a light scratches everywhere, just from wiping the dust over. The clearcoat from factory is really bad, soft, so if you have to repaint it (clearcoat), you might as well get the right colour and a proper hard coat. I did it this way with no regrets. So even if you like gloss finish, give it a better (harder) clear coat

RobZ71LM7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 F-150
Poser? It's a parts bin car as much as I love them. Where did you hear your order could be cancelled?

theruleslawyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
MB C350
FWIW the build and price tool is showing the base model with the big spoiler right now. I'd take that as a sign ford approves. ;)

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
I think the magnetic finish is better than gloss black but do whatever you want and like others have said don’t worry what anyone else thinks. Put a Shelby snake on the side if you want. It’s your car and you pay for it :like:

Last edited:

Sponsored

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis# M1869, Iconic Silver
I was dealing with the same question and finally decided to keep it in the gloss, BUT before I could install the spoiler, I found a light scratches everywhere, just from wiping the dust over. The clearcoat from factory is really bad, soft, so if you have to repaint it (clearcoat), you might as well get the right colour and a proper hard coat. I did it this way with no regrets. So even if you like gloss finish, give it a better (harder) clear coat
And ceramic coat it as soon as you can!

glmarker

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang premium Mach 1 FJG and 1964.5 Mustang
I took mine to a Mustangs and Mustangs car show recently with the gloss black spoiler. Most everyone I talked to liked the gloss black,, as it matched the rear taillight panel. Most said they preferred it to the magnetic. When you consider the other things that are black, mirrors, moldings, etc, the black looks natural.

Do what YOU want, it's YOUR car, and it must make YOU happy.

Gary

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I highly doubt anyone is really going to notice something so minor. I'm putting a Mach 1 badge on my steering wheel and I think it looks better than the default Mustang steering wheel that they easily could have put a Mach 1 badge on. They had no issues doing it for the Bullitt.

Galvez1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1 2021- KTM Xbow RR - 991GT3- G500

You can buy the rear Spoiler in Low Magnetic grey directly from Ford.

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK

If you want to see what it looks like with the gloss Gurney flap, Zander13 did it on his. As others have said, its your car, make it what you want.

FYI, you have not seen ridicule until you add a 03-04 cobra bumper to a 03-04 Mach 1. I did it on mine, for the looks and better air flow for the intercooler. I was happy with the looks and performance, enjoy YOUR car.
Sponsored