Sponsored

Wondering if I'll get trolled for gloss black ford performance spoiler.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang

If you want to see what it looks like with the gloss Gurney flap, Zander13 did it on his. As others have said, its your car, make it what you want.

FYI, you have not seen ridicule until you add a 03-04 cobra bumper to a 03-04 Mach 1. I did it on mine, for the looks and better air flow for the intercooler. I was happy with the looks and performance, enjoy YOUR car.
Not as bad as the Taurus' that run the Mach1 lip :-)
Sponsored

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
Glossy surfaces are not very friendly to touch unless ppf'ed. I'm glad my lip spoiler got the matte PPF, the big one probably is too complicated for that. I can use it to close the trunk without leaving fingerprints. Just one aspect.

But glossy spoiler goes well with the glossy declid for sure. Here's pics of glossy spoilers:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...00-spoiler-fitment.157156/page-3#post-3419391
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/what-can-we-do-for-you.19956/page-146#post-3238161

Last edited:

Rynoe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1 Premium, 6spd, GBM, chas N0121
I see plenty of base GTs with this spoiler and just see it as a mod. Not a gimmick or a poser. I have a non-HP Mach 1 I just added the spoiler to as well. I had it painted satin magnetic grey and turned out excellent! I prefer the matte look but I see how it could definitely look awesome as gloss black to match the back.

If you paint it, make sure you remove the bolts they use to hold it up for coating. They covered mine in painters tape and didn't even see that I had bolts already. Other than that headache, it looks amazing now and totally worth it!

Also if you want to add the Handling Package you can. Its only 8 parts. There is a magneride tune on the HP and I'm still looking into but a lot of people have said this is negligible.

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
If you paint it, make sure you remove the bolts they use to hold it up for coating. They covered mine in painters tape and didn't even see that I had bolts already. Other than that headache, it looks amazing now and totally worth it!
That was the reason your painted spoiler didn't fit properly?

Rynoe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1 Premium, 6spd, GBM, chas N0121
That was the reason your painted spoiler didn't fit properly?
Haha yeah 🤦‍♂️ They covered it in painters tape so I thought it was just extra 3M foam. It was just the hidden bolt on the stud was creating the gap. Long story short it fits perfectly now 😅 live and learn. I'll post more on the adding HP thread.

Sponsored

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
The only people that will even know are the ones on this forum. You’re not likely to meet a person on the street that knows the minutiae of spoiler paint colors or what a base vs HP Mach1 is.

OP
OP

VooDeeZy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Thanks for all the input everyone. I'm gonna go with the gloss black look. I have an appt for paint correction/ceramic coating this coming Monday and don't want to have to have reschedule and wait to have spoiler painted. Hopefully ceramic coating the spoiler will be sufficient to keep it clean. I'll post a couple pics once wheels and spoiler go on

theruleslawyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
MB C350
You can buy the rear Spoiler in Low Magnetic grey directly from Ford.
This seems like it would be true, but I haven’t seen anyone with a part number for the painted one, let alone manage to acquire one prepainted. Several people have got the gloss black ones painted on their own.

Galvez1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1 2021- KTM Xbow RR - 991GT3- G500

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Probably asking out of own insecurities but I'm looking for opinions on installing gloss black gurney flap spoiler on non hp mach 1.

I originally ordered a 22 700a hp mach 1 in January. I was informed by ford connection that my build was going to take an extremely long time to be built and could potentially be canceled or switched to 600a. So I bought a 700a non hp 21

I'm not a fan of the base wheels so I ordered the ford performance black wheels that are also 19x9.5 and 19x10 so I can swap stock ps4s right onto them.

this leads me to the spoiler, which I also ordered. I like the the satin magnetic look more but have reservations about getting it painted and also think that the gloss black would match the wheels better.

My concern is that my car is going to end up looking like a hp poser, or gimmicky for not having the correct color spoiler which is def not the style/vibe I am going for.
All M1's are exactly the same car. The only mechanical difference in the big wheel HP is the front spring guage and the rear bar is solid on the HP option. That is there because the bigger wheels are heavier and have more mass and grip so that had to be taken in consideration in the final chassis optimization because of the forces involved as a result of the tire/wheel change. Each M1 is optimized for track use with the tires it was equipped with. That's all there is. FP is supposed to come out with a kit for all M1 owners to convert back and forth as desired, but right now it's an issue just getting them built.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
The only way I would give 2 shits about someone else's opinion about the looks or status of something I own is if they are paying for it lol. You do you, always!

RandomTask

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2020 F350 DRW Platinum
All M1's are exactly the same car. The only mechanical difference in the big wheel HP is the front spring guage and the rear bar is solid on the HP option. That is there because the bigger wheels are heavier and have more mass so that had to be taken in consideration in the final chassis optimization. Each M1 is optimized for track use with the tires it was equipped with. That's all there is. FP is supposed to come out with a kit for all M1 owners to convert back and forth as desired.
Nope

Galvez1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1 2021- KTM Xbow RR - 991GT3- G500
They're actually 2 lbs lighter than base wheels. But yeah, different springs and solid rear bar make it bit more stiffer for the track use.
I asked to Ford, and they said me, the Mach1 and Mach1 HP have the same springs.