Help me decide between Velocity Blue and Performance Blue

Evil_E

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR293
Perf blue w/ black roof and white stripes. I may be a little bias. Love the color combo on an R and the fact FPB can only be had on FP cars/trucks. The black roof goes so well with the R’s wing and wheels that the white stripes just finishes it off with perfection.
Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Heard for 10K (no, not taking about the painted stripes) you can get FORD to paint your car whatever you want.

QCGoose

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 (Velocity Blue)
Blue is my favorite color, and I was between both blues before ordering my 350, but after seeing both, Velocity Blue strongly won me over.

I liked the both shades in pictures, but was split: I liked VB just a little bit better, but I liked the fact that PB had exclusivity behind it.

Then I got to see them in person in natural lighting (though not side by side) and it was no contest: VB was overwhelmingly eye-catching.

My reaction to PB was basically "Hmm. Nice color, looks good in the sun, a bit washed out and dull in the shade, but still not bad. Yeah, it's a nice color."

VB, on the other hand, had me saying "...WOW!", and just staring and getting lost in the brilliance of the color. IMO, it's jaw-droppingly beautiful in the sunlight. I immediately knew it was the one the second I saw it in person.

rancid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
I own a VB GT and had no intention of buying one (went to get a race red), but once I saw it I fell in love. It reminds me a lot of my Grabber Blue in direct sun light, but can be subtle when it needs to be.

Sponsored

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
My reaction to PB was basically "Hmm. Nice color, looks good in the sun, a bit washed out and dull in the shade, but still not bad. Yeah, it's a nice color."
I have Performance Blue and I have admit that QCGoose nailed it on this one...!

Subtle blue with minimal attention: "Performance Blue"

Popping blue that gets noticed from afar: "Velocity Blue"

QCGoose

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 (Velocity Blue)
And just for the record, in case it came across this way, I meant no dig at all at PB or even to those who love it; I can absolutely see the appeal in that color and why it's preferred over other shades. I like it myself.

I was just struck by the brilliance of VB in the sunlight and, having three other vehicles at home that are all subtle in color (black, metallic gray, metallic brown), I was looking for something a bit "louder".

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
The first time I laid eyes on a GT350 with PB and white stripes it was love at first sight. I just headed to the dealership the moment it came in to see if I could fit in it, I can. BTW, all the problems I heard about panel gap were absolutely debunked in that car.
Now being close to making that decision, it’s getting difficult. Slim pickings in my neck of the woods.

drummerboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
VB pops pretty hard in the shade, too.

200125-soccc3-jpg.jpg

These cars are stunning in any color, how could you possibly pick one? I want a red one with white stripes, a leadfoot grey one with white stripes...

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
As a Lightning Blue owner I would order blue/white again in a heartbeat.. but it would be very tough to decide between Performance Blue and Velocity Blue if I was ordering a 2020 model. I think both look great!

6I4A3530.jpeg

Sponsored

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
Both are great colors, but performance blue is specific to Ford Performance products...

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
Both are great colors, but performance blue is specific to Ford Performance products...
I agree with this guy. If I had a choice for PB when I ordered my 2020 and not just VB that might have been the hardest decision I ever had to make. Both are fantastic colors.

Bugs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 1965 Mustang Fastback Restomod in GT350 livery
I'd recommend you go with the Performance Blue.
That will make my Velocity Blue that much more exclusive. :wink:

HOD-8281.jpg

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
Ugh!! This thread made me change from lime to velocity. Shame on every one of you!!!
Seriously?

It’s pretty difficult to try and pick a color. I mean unless you have all options in the sun light before your very eyes, I don’t know how you’d choose unless you’re close minded on a particular color.
My decision is more about dirt maintenance than just about anything else.
My first choice out of the box was white, then I saw the PB with white stripes, Then I saw rapid red tinted CC, then I saw magnetic grey, then I saw race red.....The struggle is real in my first world country.

Kona blue, what?
Sponsored