Sponsored

This is the brand new 2021 Mustang Mach-1

Big Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6
Yeah I think the base has to be $49K or less and then with options top out in the mid to high $50's with all the bells and whistles. I guess it depends on how limited this will be too in terms or production numbers. The fewer they make the higher the price.
I think it will probably start in the 50s. It's essentially a Bullitt + PP2 + tremec as a starting point. The Bullitt starts at I believe 48 so I would bet the starting price on the Mach 1 is over 50
Sponsored

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
I think it will probably start in the 50s. It's essentially a Bullitt + PP2 + tremec as a starting point. The Bullitt starts at I believe 48 so I would bet the starting price on the Mach 1 is over 50
The Bullitt already has everything in the PP2, so "Bullitt + PP2" is redundant. This seems to basically be Bullit + some cosmetic changes (it looks WAY better than a Bullitt IMO, to be fair), Tremec, and maybe some minor tuning improvements from what I can gather, but may need to read again in more detail. All that (especially considering this is an end-of-life, parts-bin special) should not add that much to the base price. If it does, again, it's going to be a pretty difficult price to justify against the competition.

Yeah I think the base has to be $49K or less and then with options top out in the mid to high $50's with all the bells and whistles. I guess it depends on how limited this will be too in terms or production numbers. The fewer they make the higher the price.
Hopefully not very high 50s even fully loaded. If it's like the Bullitt, it has almost all the bells and whistles even in base trim.

White? I only see a Gray and Blue Mach. Is this the dress incident all over again! :D
Lol, yeah yeah, I mean gray. The first one damnit.

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
I forgot Ford jacked the price up $1200+ on the 2020 Bullitt. It used to start at like $46-47K but it's now like $48K. So your probably right the Mach1 will likely start in the low $50K range and may top out close to $60K fully loaded. Of course that is MSRP and if these don't sell, then you will be able to get one much cheaper. I have seen some crazy discounts on leftover Bullitt's lately.

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
So glad they are offering the 10-speed...........but a special car like the Mach 1 needs the GT500's aluminium paddles!
2021-ford-mustang-mach-1.jpg
Please Ford seriously reconsider the handling package exclusive to manual trans.

So Ford... track days arent for those with a disability that limits your ability to use a manual?

Big Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6
The Bullitt already has everything in the PP2, so "Bullitt + PP2" is redundant. This seems to basically be Bullit + some cosmetic changes (it looks WAY better than a Bullitt IMO, to be fair), Tremec, and maybe some minor tuning improvements from what I can gather, but may need to read again in more detail. All that (especially considering this is an end-of-life, parts-bin special) should not add that much to the base price. If it does, again, it's going to be a pretty difficult price to justify against the competition.

I thought the Bullitt has the PP1 equipment (essentially a GT PP1 with a power bump)

Either way its starting point is the Bullitt with improvements to that. So I just can't see it starting at the same price as the Bullitt

Sponsored

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
the bullitt is a 12k option with magnaride (which the mach'll have). but on the mach there appears there may be a semi-non-premium model with cloth seats, don't know what else it has diff between 300A, 301A and 400A trims. plus other goodies, lets say another 3k? on top of that 12k adder, would place it at 50630 starting price for a base mach 1, 15k over the base GT. 4k to premium, 6500 for PP2, -1700 for magna already included, puts us at 59430 top tier, maybe a bit more? it is possible this tops 60k loaded. I am not sure if there will be a price increase for 2021 over 2020 with the way things are going, could go either way.

So, 50k-60k base to loaded, including options for a premium-like trim, and the handling package. If there is some handling+A10 option, that could hit 61,600, or maybe 60,600 depending on the base adder for the Tremec. Or, interestingly enough, they could off the A10 as a $0 option if the tremec base addition is high enough.

GT5.0Fan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
BMW
I think the 1/4 mile numbers with the 10 speed auto numbers should be quite good. Basically a Performance Package 2 mustang GT with 10 speed auto in it.

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
I thought the Bullitt has the PP1 equipment (essentially a GT PP1 with a power bump)

Either way its starting point is the Bullitt with improvements to that. So I just can't see it starting at the same price as the Bullitt
Nah, if you build a Bullitt at ford.com, you'll notice there's no performance package options of any kind. I'm 85% sure it has the PS2s and all that standard, though I'm too lazy to look for info to verify that.

We're not suggesting same price as the Bullitt. $49-50K would be $2-3K more. That's plenty.

OnThree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
For you yes. Not for me. I sold my C7 Z51/magride because I have kids and wanted something a little more practical. Never owned a Mustang in my life. Was 100% thinking Camaro ZL1 or ZL1 LE. Test drove both and looked at a few 19 SS 2 1LE's but hated the front end on the 19's. ZL1 1LE is awesome but undriveable on our roads here and I drive my cars 12 months a year (no garage queen). I liked the ZL1 and SS 1LE a lot in terms of being a drivers car but I had too many reservations on the whole package.

Visibility was worse than my C7, and I didn't love the big heating/AC vents at my knuckles. Backseat was really tight, trunk opening very limited, and too be honest I just did not love the overall styling of the car. Styling is subjective but I have learned over the years when buying cars that if you have reservations you should look around some more especially before you drop $50-60K+ on a car.

Enter the Mustang. I test drove a 17 PP1 a few years back and liked it but did not love it. When the GT350's came out they were impossible to find near me and many were marked up. But this is 2019 and I started seeing new and used prices on GT350's and got excited. Test drove one and fell in love. It had the handling and Tremec gearbox I loved in the Camaro but a more practical interior and (to me) a more stylish exterior and that 5.2 L 8200rpm Voodoo was really, really special. I come from a long line of high revving RX-7's and there is something special about a car that can rev over 8K and keep pulling over 6K.
Can't knock ya there, would love a gt350. Amazing car

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
This whole thing makes me think back to when the '03 Mach 1 broke cover.....

Back then, I owned my '01 Bullitt. Once the word came out on the Mach, it had plenty of things that trumped the hell out of my Bullitt, and I was planning on ordering one; the main feature for me was the bespoke engine and its shaker scoop, the rest was just icing on the cake. Alas, my employer at the time folded, and the dream folded as well as I was forced to move for a new job.

Fast forward to today, and I was really hoping for something more than Bullitt-spec power that might recreate that Mach 1 lust of years back. Although it's going to be a great car by the parts list, it's a no-sale for me since it's not different ENOUGH from what I have. I'll continue to bide my time and wait to order my '22 GT500.

(Oh, and no Kona Blue? Shame. And no color options for interior? Shame again.)

Big Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6
Nah, if you build a Bullitt at ford.com, you'll notice there's no performance package options of any kind. I'm 85% sure it has the PS2s and all that standard, though I'm too lazy to look for info to verify that.

We're not suggesting same price as the Bullitt. $49-50K would be $2-3K more. That's plenty.
The Bullitt for 2020 starts at MSRP 48,900 with 0 options. The original tires on it a Pirelli P Zero and it doesn't have mag ride as standard so it does not have the PP2 equipment. We are simply arguing semantics at this point, the Mach is most likely going to start over 50

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I think the 1/4 mile numbers with the 10 speed auto numbers should be quite good. Basically a Performance Package 2 mustang GT with 10 speed auto in it.
Pretty sure you need the manual to get the full PP2 features and beyond. I think it would be more like comparing the Bullitt with an auto.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I think I may be in on the Mach 1. Still deciding.

Biggest decision will be that Tremec or the 10-speed. That is one tough decision...
Sponsored