Sponsored

How many GTs are Owned by Seniors?

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
Hi - Red cars of any type or age are lovable. There’s an old fable about fishing that says it doesn’t matter what color the lure is, as long as it has some red on it... Bruce

P.S. Yes, that broken left rear spring is being replaced.

F8195934-ADD6-4EAF-BFBD-63ADFFD32EE9.jpeg
Alright.!..a GTO and Mustang guy...that's exactly my flavors too...I have owned 2 '66 gto's, a 69 custom S(lemans term for those not pontiac savvy) and a 72 Ventura..others are a 1990 mustang lx5.0...well, owned that is...currently have an 86 TransAm and the 2015 GTpp...just good to see my favorites together....Is the goat tri-powered?
Sponsored

OldPhart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
‘05 GMC P/U, ‘17 Impala, 19 Bullitt
Damn, I think I have the ugliest GT I've seen here! It's a white convertible with the standard 18" wheels and big, ugly flat blue stripes down the middle.
Hi - Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. That’s why so many color choices are offered. I think white cars are a top choice right up there with silver, so you must have good taste as you have a lot of company. Technically isn’t white a non-color as it is the absence of color, whereas black is all colors combined. I notice the car mfr’s are getting greedy and offering fewer free color choices and making us pay for more optional choices. One thing about color is that it is probably worth paying that extra premium if you’re not really fond of the standard free colors. Unless you look at a car simply as a mode of transportation, color is normally an important factor when buying a car and being happy with it. The Highland Green color was definitely a factor in my buying the Bullitt and not just for historical reasons. By the way, what are the most popular Mustang colors in recent years? Bruce

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
Actually when you combine all or multiple colors you get brown, not black.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
At 56, not quite there.
IMG_20200428_133555791_HDR.jpg
IMG_20200508_171936547_HDR.jpg

Sponsored

AnotherSteve

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT
Almost 62 years young. My first and only Mustang. Actually my first Ford ever!

olerodder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1/A10
I'm in the middle of the pack when it comes to 70's, and my three pedal days have been long gone.
I just got my Mustang back from the dealer after running out of gas when it still had 7 gallons still in the tank. The S550's have saddle tanks, and when one gets close to empty, it transfers to the other tank...mine did not. While at the Ford dealer, they are a FPP dealer, they were talking about the M-9603-M8B Performance Package for the 18 to 20 Mustangs, this one will come with the GT350 intake, TB, CAI, and Tune from Ford, which they say is good for about 20hp and some low down grunt below 5krpm. He gave me a price for the kit and install at $1350. It also carries a 3/36 warranty and if installed by their tech, will not effect any Ford warranty. He is also talking about another upgrade that will include the GT350 Intake and tune to push it another 15+hp. Something to think about anyway.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
Hi - Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. That’s why so many color choices are offered. I think white cars are a top choice right up there with silver, so you must have good taste as you have a lot of company. Technically isn’t white a non-color as it is the absence of color, whereas black is all colors combined. I notice the car mfr’s are getting greedy and offering fewer free color choices and making us pay for more optional choices. One thing about color is that it is probably worth paying that extra premium if you’re not really fond of the standard free colors. Unless you look at a car simply as a mode of transportation, color is normally an important factor when buying a car and being happy with it. The Highland Green color was definitely a factor in my buying the Bullitt and not just for historical reasons. By the way, what are the most popular Mustang colors in recent years? Bruce
I have never been fussy about color. I like white. It's the ugly blue stripes I hate. I'd remove them, but I'm afraid the paint won't match. They don't go with all the black plastic trim. They came with the car and it was a good deal, so I figured I'd get used to them. But, they look cheap and tacky, like something you would use to cover your shelves in the kitchen. An all white GT would be perfectly fine with me.

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT PP1 prem., and others
Vehicle Showcase
I dont think that a 2 year old light colored car would have a fad or discoloration that soon. after removal you may need to have a paint correction done but that should be it.

ShadowCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Black Mustang GT/CS
I did the resonator delete and the exhaust opened way up for me, cold starts are loud and crackly, then it settles down. As it sits right now it's louder than my 2006 Vortech Mustang GT 3v with a Borla axle back plus I have no drone.
Just Curious, was that resonator replaced with an X pipe or an H pipe and who was the manufacturer of the pipe? I want that same experience with my 2017 GT.

Sponsored

scotdc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shadow Black GT Premium
A 1968 Mustang fastback was my first car at 16, and now I am just about to turn 60 and getting into my fifth Mustang - a brand new (2019 model year) GT. My last was a 2005 I owned for 11 years, and I can't get over how much better at everything this new car is. The Magna-Ride is incredible!

Mustang.jpg
View attachment 472587

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

Wylie C

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium A10
Vehicle Showcase
The parking lot at the old folks home is going to be a lot of fun, judging by all of these beautiful Mustangs we own:like::clap::thumbsup::crackup::flag:

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
59 an Holdin here again, I got the 16 base GT, did the SVE resonator delete, lighter wheel's, Airaid "Tube" w/AEM drop-in filter 19x10 285/35/19's. Now a tuner and driveshaft are in it's future. Old Folk's home? I own a cottage on the coastal bend of Texas, no old folk's home for me. Carry on.
IMG_20200212_080049_024.jpg

Batch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
2020 GT pp1 i'm 78 and my wife is 74 . Love our Mustang !! Never too old to enjoy a great performing automobile !!

OldPhart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
‘05 GMC P/U, ‘17 Impala, 19 Bullitt
[Intake and tune to push it another 15+hp. Something to think about anyway.[/QUOTE[/QUO
2020 GT pp1 i'm 78 and my wife is 74 . Love our Mustang !! Never too old to enjoy a great performing automobile !!
Hi - Congrats from one geezer to another. At 78 I think I might be the oldest guy on this forum with a new Bullitt, but it’s an honor I’m more than willing to share or relinquish. Is that an old Ford of yours in your avatar... Bruce
Sponsored