Sponsored

How many GTs are Owned by Seniors?

1Bear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Gt Convertible
We are 62/63 and are new owners of a 2019 GT Prem 6M Orange Fury, just in time for our 40th wedding anniversary. Took a bit of time in between our Mustangs as the split screen picture is copy of the 79 Orange Cobra (turbo not quite ready for prime time back then) I had when we got married and the 19 we have now. Agree with y'all that age is just a number...
20200229_203821.jpg
View attachment 444787 View attachment 444788
20200308_110950-COLLAGE.jpg
Fabulous car!
I am surprised that Ford has not closed that Dealer for not upgrading their dealership facilities; looks straight outta 1976.
Even up here in Green Bay, WI both Dealers have spent millions upgrading to current specs.

Bear

DukeB13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
19 Mustang GT, 18 F-150 King Ranch, 17 F-150 Lariat, 13 Taurus, 96 EB Bronco, 95 F-250 7.3
Fabulous car!
I am surprised that Ford has not closed that Dealer for not upgrading their dealership facilities; looks straight outta 1976.
Even up here in Green Bay, WI both Dealers have spent millions upgrading to current specs.

Bear
Thank you! Yes the larger dealership we have do most of our business with in Huntsville has done exactly what you mentioned, spent millions in upgrades and it looks like the bulk of Ford dealers across the country now with that big curved Ford obelisk of sorts in front, this is a smaller dealership (town of 20k or so) farther out of town, it does have the 70-80s look, not sure how they have evaded the corporate directed remodel. Great thing is they usually have a good selection of vehicles and pricing is direct and upfront, of the six Fords we own this was the smoothest purchase of the bunch. Mike

GT-SV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium
73 years old here,2011 Mustang GT,have owned many Mustangs in my past,ALL V8, but this will be my LAST Mustang ( garage queen) because I am not a fan of the S550 Mustang,I think Ford really messed up with the Euro Box design,the 4 Banger Eco Boost, and many other things that I dislike along with the poor Q/C, and Coyote engine problems.
Based on the sales success of the S550 (versus last gen for example), results are pretty obvious.

I’ve owned 12 brands of cars in the past and pre-S550 Mustangs with lifted blocky simulated retro.exteriors, solid axles and poorly finished interiors weren’t even considered.

I’m enjoying 2016 GT so much, I’ll probably get another new one.

Erratikmind

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT Prem M6/401A/PP1/MR, '19 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
As a manual driver and only 48, I would like to know if any seniors opt for the manual. Please tell me that I will not deviate from the manual fun (for as long as Ford makes one) in my later years!!

Here's to hoping...

Thank you all of you for keeping the Mustang around
Have been truly enjoying my 2020 GT for the past 2 months. Had my 61st birthday a couple of days ago.

Yes, it's a manual. That was a must have and how I ordered it.

Sponsored

OldPhart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
‘05 GMC P/U, ‘17 Impala, 19 Bullitt
Have been truly enjoying my 2020 GT for the past 2 months. Had my 61st birthday a couple of days ago.

Yes, it's a manual. That was a must have and how I ordered it.
Hi - I’m 78 and the ‘19 Bullitt was only available with a manual tranny which was fine from my perspective. My first car was a 3 on the tree with overdrive. Next came the muscle cars with 4 speeds (still have one). The 5 speed improved open road driving as 5th gear was much like overdrive in my first car. My C4 Vette was a 6 speed and other than economy, no real advantage over the 5 speed. Corvette eventually came out with a 7 speed, which I felt was superfluous for highway driving at 55 and 65 mph in this part of the country. So, the 6 speed on the Bullitt is fine and in a sporty performance car it’s definitely my preference. I happen to think it’s more fun on curving country roads and it enhances the exhaust sound. It’s not the tranny of choice if you want the best 1/4 mile time, but at my age that is irrelevant to me personally. Having said that, for my family cars and pickup trucks I much prefer an automatic. Happy driving... Bruce

olerodder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1/A10
I certainly can see both sides of the two and three pedal story. I've been racing NHRA for over 40 years and for the majority of the time
it was with auto's. They were easier on the pocket book and more consistent. When I was racing B/SM you needed to have at least one if not two backup top loaders, and back then a good Liberty built top loader wasn't cheap. When I raced SCCA, a manual was about the only to use, and after 35 to 60 minutes of racing you were totally worn out. My last manual was my 14 GT TrakPak, and with the 3:73's it was
easy enough to drive in traffic, although not ideal for this old guy. My 14 TrakPak had mod'd suspension and was one of the best corner carvers I've had off the track, but it was no longer fun to drive around town. My 19 PP1/A10 is just perfect as is for this old guy and in a straight line the A10 puts the RPM in the sweet spot through the gears and as for for Sport, the transmission has it's own idea of when to shift and I have mine, and we're not always in sink. If I were to have a tune later down the road, I'm sure that could change.Everyone is different and there is no right and wrong, The Mustang is a good platform even if you don't change anything...At least this old guy believes that.

olerodder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1/A10
Hope you enjoy the new A10, I certainly do!

Sponsored

GT-SV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium
Will be 65 in May, no prob
39DF2F48-1716-4D4F-B7FE-0CE92809E8A4.jpeg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 GT350R, 2020 Explorer ST
We are 62/63 and are new owners of a 2019 GT Prem 6M Orange Fury, just in time for our 40th wedding anniversary. Took a bit of time in between our Mustangs as the split screen picture is copy of the 79 Orange Cobra (turbo not quite ready for prime time back then) I had when we got married and the 19 we have now. Agree with y'all that age is just a number...
20200229_203821.jpg
Congratulations on your 40th anniversary and your unique car. The dealership appears to be McClary Ford and its weathered appearance adds to the nostalgia. I purchased my Bullitt in Shelbyville and had to get a Shelby a year later in Huntsville. Nostalgia is what I am finding as I am getting older in life (LOL). If I had your car, I would have to make a road trip to get a photo of this treasure posted below in the background (LOL)...
E1CCD081-281E-4E39-BDA9-1C5D0D9BBC13.jpeg

Paul's Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium, Magnetic, Showstopper Red
65 years young and this is my GT. No mods yet but they are coming. Probably resonator delete first and maybe other exhaust mods. Also looking for new wheels. Any suggestions along those lines will be appreciated.
19_GT.jpg