A10 owners, check your oil level!

Yusenkyo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Victor
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford ecoboost mustang
That lurch you're feeling when engaging "D" had to be fixed with a re-programming on mine. On 2 separate occasions it shot me out of the car wash bay like a bullet with a hot, idling engine. It still has a hard time deciding what it wants to do sometimes, but the lurch is gone. Dealership said they checked the fluid while it was there....now I wonder if they were checking it for color, or level.

I may go for a long drive this weekend (it takes forever for the trans to reach 200 in this weather) and stop by Pep Boys and see if they'll put it on the lift for me. Easier than taking it to the dealership.
On mine I've had the reflash done by the dealer and it cured it for a while and now it's back though way less, only does it when the tranny temp is normal and only when I shift to drive after a stop or placing it in neutral because of stopped traffic. The dealership said this is the way these tranny operated. Didn't know about this tranny fluid till today.. might have them check it in the dealership. Might be the issue?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
Had mine checked at first service and it was correct from factory.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
How is everyone filling the trans? Can this only be done on a lift?

RedfireV8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
Hopefully this is ok but I got tired of having to redownload that file lol

upload_2019-2-22_9-4-59.png

Sponsored

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Had mine checked today and it was good. Tech said dip stick real close to exhaust.

Lo Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Take me home
Vehicle(s)
86 GT, red; 88 LX 5.0, black; 95 GT black; 99 Cobra with mods (still own); ‘16 GT, PP, manual, Ruby, drivetrain vibration!; Traded for ‘19 GT, A10, velocity blue, love it.

barfly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
bart
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt pp1 a10
Based on some thread that I read some time ago, my son and I, decided to check the trans oil level on his '19 and my '18.
To our surprised both cars required 1.5 qts of the new ULV fluid.
Inmediately we noticed a smoother shifting, and no more weird "short slip" some times.
So my recommendation is to check your oil level....Rembember no diptick! need a lift, be carefull with the exhaust, and remove the plug/short dipstick. Motocraft ULV oil is cheap +/- $6/ qt.
I have wondered about the fluid level since buying the car. I found something on the passenger side that takes a 19mm wrench and looks like it must be or have the dipstick under it. Is this it? I have not been able to loosen it and want to make sure before I get physical on it.
I do HDPE track days and really want to see what the fluid looks like as well as the fluid level. Also just installed the FTB diff cooler and
can't wait to get on track.

Thanks in advance, this forum is very helpful.

cocopanda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2019 Premium GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the heads up on this thread was about a quart short on my fluid and so far the transmission feels like a different beast. I had a bit of a worry when I missed I slipped it in Performance on the A10. All good since the dealer reset the Transmission controller and added the quart of fluid.

Bat5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP A10
The dealership that checked mine said that Ford online had the fluid level at the middle of "B" on the dipstick as normal which is where my 2019 showed. That was also with the trans at operating temp, running and in neutral.

According to this thread and document above the reading should be at the middle of "A".

My car does have the short shift 3-4 when pushed aggressively or coming out of a hard turn.

Did Ford change this information?

Sponsored

Nonsequitur

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Euro Spec - 2014 Focus ST with EFR7163
Just checked mine yesterday and it was just over a half quart low. According to my '18 GT shop manual, the correct level is in the middle of "A".

NastyPumpkin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Boosted Mustang GT
The dealership that checked mine said that Ford online had the fluid level at the middle of "B" on the dipstick as normal which is where my 2019 showed. That was also with the trans at operating temp, running and in neutral.

According to this thread and document above the reading should be at the middle of "A".

My car does have the short shift 3-4 when pushed aggressively or coming out of a hard turn.

Did Ford change this information?
NO!

Your dealership is looking at the F150 10R80 info, which the level is the B area.

Mustang 10R80 level is A.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
NO!

Your dealership is looking at the F150 10R80 info, which the level is the B area.

Mustang 10R80 level is A.

@NastyPumpkin
Thanks for that verification - because there’s quite a lot of misinformation floating around online.

So all 2018+ S550 10R80 Owners should refer to the Ford Shop Manual image in Post # 20 above, where it references “A” as proper mark on the trans dipstick for a S550 w/10R80.

@Bat5.0 - go back to your Dealership, your 10R80 is low on fluid. Tell them to reference the proper shop manual information for an S550 10R80.

NastyPumpkin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Boosted Mustang GT
How is everyone filling the trans? Can this only be done on a lift?
To check at home. Drive it, takes awhile to reach 206 degrees. Put It up on 4 jack stands. Wear some good gloves or you might burn your hand or arm. Use a 19mm wrench to remove dip stick cover. If low use a hand pump the kind that fits in a quart bottle (any auto-part store will have it) run the hose up and in then add fluid.

Last edited:

Bat5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP A10
Thank you for verifying this info.

I will go back and have them add to the proper level.
Sponsored