Sponsored

Hybrid Ceramic Waxes... There are so many. Is there one that clearly stands out?

Laserbrain

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP2
Vehicle Showcase
It has been a long time since I had a car worthy of obsessing over the finish, and this stuff wasn't around then. By all accounts, this hybrid ceramic wax stuff sounds pretty amazing.

A brief search of Amazon for hybrid ceramic wax produces lots of results. I'm suffering from the paradox of choice.

Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Spray Wax (G190532SP)
Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Liquid Wax (G200416)
CarGuys Hybrid Wax Sealant
Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Wet Wax (53410)
Chemical Guys HydroSlick SiO2 Ceramic Coating HyperWax (WAC22916)
Mothers CMX Ceramic Spray Coating (01024)

and many more, some from brands I don't know.

Are they all about the same?
Are any noticeably better or worse?
Are any easier or harder to use?

Where does this CARPRO Reload stuff fit in?
Sponsored

2017GBGTPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue Premium GTPP w/ Recaros
I use Mother's CMX and it works great. I also researched Maguiars Spray and Turtle Wax, both were well reviewed so they're probably similar to CMX. I went with CMX because it can be applied without a hose unlike Maguiars. I probably would have gone Turtle Wax but it wasn't readily available at the time.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited

You're welcome :fistbump:

OP
OP
Laserbrain

Laserbrain

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP2
Vehicle Showcase
There's a lot in that video, but I found all those categories confusing.

But! Youtube's recommendations led me to this video, which makes things a little clearer.

Pan's video ultimately led me to buy the Turtle Wax 53409 Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Spray Coating.

86pagt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dale
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT
There's a lot in that video, but I found all those categories confusing.

But! Youtube's recommendations led me to this video, which makes things a little clearer.

Pan's video ultimately led me to buy the Turtle Wax 53409 Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Spray Coating.
Great choice. My son purchased a new Ranger and decided to try the Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Ceramic spray. We did a complete decon wash, cray bar and light polish before application. Applied the spray and turned out great very slick and glossy. Washed it for the first time in a month with the turtle wax ceramic wash and dried with the wet wax... excellent water beading and turned out great. You will be very happy the results.

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I bought a set of take-off Raptor wheels for my F-150, and saw the Mother's CMX on the shelf one day at the parts store so I bought it to test first on said wheels. I haven't put the wheels on yet (because MN winter) but the CMX applies super easy and seems to be very hydrophobic. Nice gloss/shine. I plan to get the wheels on toward the end of the month, so I'll throw on additional coats in the meantime.

warthog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 5.0 Convertible
Really like the new Turtle Wax Hybrid also. Especially the wax and wash. I only have a small issue with the wash less version but I’m sure it’s me and not the product... get a little streaking.

S550_GTCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT CS
I use the Chemical Guys Hyrdoslick, which is not a spray, its a gel. They make a spray called Hyrdo Charge but I got impressive results with the Hyrdoslick. Use after any paint correction but before any glaze, sealant or finishing wax. I have to say this stuff (in combination with the other products I use) has resulted in impressive water beading. I applied 2 coats of Hydroslick over the course of 2 days last September. Then used a glaze and finishing wax (Meguiar Gold). My car sits outside 24/7 and still get amazing beading after 6 months.

Hyrdoslick is applied by hand and then buffed off by hand. A little more labor than the sprays, but I think it was worth it.

GEBRONI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Mother's CMX... First coat is rough to get off... This should be because of clean surface after clay bar, polish, and isopropyl alcohol treatment... After wash I dry then wipe with isopropyl alcohol; followed by another coat of CMX... Not because of lost of hydro, but the deep shine it provides...
IMG_20191128_120929370~2.jpg

Black9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Happy with CMX...not fooled that it replaces a real ceramic coating but has great shine and easy to apply.

GEBRONI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Full ceramic IMHO is still too new... I just wished Ford did not use thin paint... the primer is good but the paint is so thin... The orange peel definitely reflects this...
Sponsored