Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Nice piece!

That reminds me of this really slick part I had for my last Vette, it was a bar that attached to the door latch and receiver, and it held the door open about 2 feet or so. I used them at car shows, so people could look in, but not open the door any further, or [easily] enter the car - you could actually lock the door once it was installed:

upload_2020-2-19_21-14-29.png

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
If anyone had actually entered the 'Vette and say; stole it.
Would it have really mattered?

I know a couple guys that wouldn't mind if someone stole theirs..............

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I looked at Steeda's installation instructions, and on the right hand side you have to remove the battery cover and to drill a hole in it. But if the strut goes through the battery cover, then how do you get access to the battery later on? When you need to replace the battery, you'll have to first disconnect the strut, so the hood will be supported just by the other strut while you're working? Or am I missing something?

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
I looked at Steeda's installation instructions, and on the right hand side you have to remove the battery cover and to drill a hole in it. But if the strut goes through the battery cover, then how do you get access to the battery later on? When you need to replace the battery, you'll have to first disconnect the strut, so the hood will be supported just by the other strut while you're working? Or am I missing something?
Easily fixed by cutting a little "V" slot to the edge of the battery cover.

full.png

Sponsored

OP
OP
BLUDICE

BLUDICE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
Very good point

OP
OP
BLUDICE

BLUDICE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
Nice piece!

That reminds me of this really slick part I had for my last Vette, it was a bar that attached to the door latch and receiver, and it held the door open about 2 feet or so. I used them at car shows, so people could look in, but not open the door any further, or [easily] enter the car - you could actually lock the door once it was installed:

upload_2020-2-19_21-14-29.png
Like your Z06 - miss my C6

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
You can just spin it around to access the battery, leave it hanging more or less outside the engine bay. FWIW, the clips are super easy to release, so you could also release the clip, remove the cover, clip it back - it's not like you need to access your battery that often.

Or, like @Silver Bullitt said above, you can make the hole, and then cut a slot from the edge to the opening, that the strut will easily slide through and that won't even show when it's installed. :)

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
If anyone had actually entered the 'Vette and say; stole it.
Would it have really mattered?

I know a couple guys that wouldn't mind if someone stole theirs..............
It was pretty awesome, had custom Caravaggio race seats (you can see in the pic), a nice 20" setup, custom hood, some, umm, "engine work" :D Picked it up at the NCM / factory in Bowling Green through that delivery program, drove it home 800 miles through the mountains, that was a killer trip (and thanks to the wife who convinced me to do it).

Let us pay respect, to our long gone past rides ... :crying:

upload_2020-2-20_7-54-15.png

Sponsored

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
I haven't looked at the Steeda instructions but the two videos I've watched for the Redline ones show cutting a slit in the battery cover so it just slips on and off. There is one brand (MTD, MTR I don't remember exactly) that advertises no drilling into the cover and longer mounting brackets to better distribute the load. So there are options out there.

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
I've had a bunch of different ones. The Ford Performance look cool but I had a set that kept the windshield area of the hood up slightly. So, I did Redline last time. They have been good. Most are.

Another reason to get the struts is if you have your hood open with the prop rod and a big gust of wind comes, it can lift the hood off the prop. I have experience with this happening.

Plus, the GT500 has a single strut holding the hood up. Looks cool too!

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
I don't remember getting tired, or the hood being too heavy. More like the prop rod being in the way when working under the hood.

Try not to skip arm day. :crackup:

OP
OP
BLUDICE

BLUDICE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
It was pretty awesome, had custom Caravaggio race seats (you can see in the pic), a nice 20" setup, custom hood, some, umm, "engine work" :D Picked it up at the NCM / factory in Bowling Green through that delivery program, drove it home 800 miles through the mountains, that was a killer trip (and thanks to the wife who convinced me to do it).

Let us pay respect, to our long gone past rides ... :crying:

upload_2020-2-20_7-54-15.png
Oh that picture is killing me - I came very close to buying a 2000 Z06 red a car that’s been on my bucket list for a long time but I couldn’t my a deal on the car. Later I bought the’08 C6 which turned out to be a great car.
Sponsored