CaptDave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
'21 Grabber Yellow GT500 CFTP, '23 F150 King Ranch
Hi Dave,
I am in Socal too! Where in Socal are you. Maybe we will be at some of the same Car events in the future.
Living in Irvine at the moment. How ‘bout yourself? I need to make it down to cars and coffee at some point. The job makes it kinda tough though; the schedule is very unpredictable.

Melange_X3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2017 Ford Focus ST, On Order 2020 CTFP Shelby GT 500 with POTTS. Car is released and awaiting shipment. I am running out of time before having to leave for Japan on July 29th.
Hi Again Dave,
I am a little further south of you and live in the Temecula area. I am close enough to hang out at some of the same Cars and coffee events if schedules permit. Did you have to go far to beat the ridiculous CA Ford dealer ADMs? I had 2 deals in Maine but one fell through and then I found a snack pack allocation in OK. It wasn’t easy to find a car. Even the dealer that I bought my GT350 back stabbed me but everything worked out in the end.

Melange_X3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2017 Ford Focus ST, On Order 2020 CTFP Shelby GT 500 with POTTS. Car is released and awaiting shipment. I am running out of time before having to leave for Japan on July 29th.
Living in Irvine at the moment. How ‘bout yourself? I need to make it down to cars and coffee at some point. The job makes it kinda tough though; the schedule is very unpredictable.
Hi Dave,
I live a little further south of you in Temecula. I am close enough to join some of the Cars and Coffee events if I get the car before I go to Tokyo. Did you have to go far to find your car and beat the CA Ford dealer ADMs? I finally settled on an allocation in OK city. The whole process was a nightmare with even the dealer I bought my 350 from backstabbing me but everything worked out in the end.

CaptDave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Hi Dave,
I live a little further south of you in Temecula. I am close enough to join some of the Cars and Coffee events if I get the car before I go to Tokyo. Did you have to go far to find your car and beat the CA Ford dealer ADMs? I finally settled on an allocation in OK city. The whole process was a nightmare with even the dealer I bought my 350 from backstabbing me but everything worked out in the end.
i didn’t have to go quite as far as you, mine’s coming out of WA. The process definitely was a nightmare. My boss had actually helped set me up with his sales guy that he’s been using for 15 years here in SoCal. He’s bought a LOT of performance vehicles through this guy, He currently owns a FPB Shelby F-150 and a Gray Shelby Baja Raptor. Sales guy had promised us a MSRP deal, blah blah blah that whole story.

Well come last summer when the order banks are getting ready to open, same story as a lot of people. Sales guy calls me and says “oh well my boss says we can’t do MSRP. We need to have 50K ADM.” on a base car! So we politely raised the bird and walked. Found the dealer in WA through one of his other car contacts. They also wanted an ADM, but much more reasonable than down here.

So that’s the short version of that story. And as soon as she gets delivered, it’s only a short 17 hour road trip down I-5 to get her home.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
That's quite a story, Dave and one of many similar tales we've read over the past month or so. I don't know how you folks dealt with such long distance purchases, I think I would have gone off the deep end by now. <smiling>

But I was very happy to read that you avoided a monstrous ADM and that you were able to negotiate an acceptable one.

Thankfully, you shouldn't have any serious weather on the drive like the poor folks in the Northeast but do be careful on the road trip and of course, have a blast!

CaptDave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
That's quite a story, Dave and one of many similar tales we've read over the past month or so. I don't know how you folks dealt with such long distance purchases, I think I would have gone off the deep end by now. <smiling>

But I was very happy to read that you avoided a monstrous ADM and that you were able to negotiate an acceptable one.

Thankfully, you shouldn't have any serious weather on the drive like the poor folks in the Northeast but do be careful on the road trip and of course, have a blast!
Thanks KB. The long distance purchase thing has been a little tough, but worth it at the end of the day.

Couldn’t agree more on the weather. My only small area of concern is parts of I-5 going through Oregon where the weather can be rain to snow this time of year depending on the temperature. I think by the time the car actually gets delivered it should be fine.

star Insulation

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenneth&Melissa
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500, Z06 Corvette
Update:

Ordered: 07/12/2019
Original Build Day: 10/24/2019
Build Week: 02/17/2020
Build Day: 02/07/2020 - Update from Noah 1/29/2020
Crosby, TX
Base, FP Performance Blue, Bright White Racing Stripe - Vinyl, CF Instrument Panel, Handling Package, Technology Package

Bangarang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Iconic Silver GT 500 (L0545), 2018 Ford Raptor, 2003 Honda Accord Coupe EX-V6 6-Speed

Melange_X3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
Thanks KB. The long distance purchase thing has been a little tough, but worth it at the end of the day.

Couldn’t agree more on the weather. My only small area of concern is parts of I-5 going through Oregon where the weather can be rain to snow this time of year depending on the temperature. I think by the time the car actually gets delivered it should be fine.
That's a long drive but I bet it will be fun doing it in your GT500. I haven't decided yet if I will drive mine back from OKC or have it shipped back to SoCal in an enclosed carrier truck. I am not a native CA resident so I still don't understand the crazy 50k ADMs out here. Please take some nice pics for us when you make the scenic drive!

CaptDave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
That's a long drive but I bet it will be fun doing it in your GT500. I haven't decided yet if I will drive mine back from OKC or have it shipped back to SoCal in an enclosed carrier truck. I am not a native CA resident so I still don't understand the crazy 50k ADMs out here. Please take some nice pics for us when you make the scenic drive!
Oh I will definitely take pictures. I was really considering the carrier truck to minimize the chance of rock dings or other stuff on the way down, but I can't pass up a chance to drive it. I'll just be careful, have a little luck, and get the PPF and ceramic done when I get her down here.

scottgt500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Vehicle Showcase
Is there any rhyme or reason to when a car gets picked up for production? Is it done by vin (numerical order) or order date? Just wondering how a car is selected to be built...different options, colors, packages etc...

Scott

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
You might be better off having the car shipped to CA, considering the gas mileage, cost of fuel and unpredictable weather, it may be cheaper in the long run.

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
Is there any rhyme or reason to when a car gets picked up for production? Is it done by vin (numerical order) or order date? Just wondering how a car is selected to be built...different options, colors, packages etc...

Scott
Sometimes it seems to be by destination. Last Oct it was by your color choice, if you didn't have one of the 4 colors they were using that month, your car did not get chosen for production.