Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
Thanks Earl! At what point in the build does tracking system start working? I entered my VIN and it comes back as "invalid or no information available."
Your VIN won't work on the Ford Tracking website because it is a dealer (Stock) order, the Ford website only shows customer (Retail ordered) VINs.

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
Status Updates:

Congratulations Marc :dance::dance::dance::dance:

@ND4SPD - Body Shop
First stage of "In Plant Production", this is where the magic starts.:like:

tenor.gif
tenor.gif

VERN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
VERN
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500
This is Vern. New to Forum. Life long Ford/ Mustang/Shelby Fan. Owner GT350 (2016)and 1970 Mach 1. Previous GT 500 (2007) , pREVIOUS 1969 gt 350 conv, previous 67 conv and 1975 Mustang II. I notice a lot of questions concerning VIN and Chassis Number. I believe the 12-17 positions of the VIN represent consecutive assignment of all FORD models placed in production. Therefore a Fusion number may folllow a Focus and that car may be consecutive with the next assigned (like a F150). Chassis assigment is specific to a specific trim line. All the Gt 500s have consectutive chassis numbers for their model year.which are assined in order as they are produced. Likewise for the GT350s. The VIN number is consectutive and includes all models produced bu Ford in a given year. Lastly Iam awaiting a GT500 ordered 2 wks ago in Performance Blue. Cant wait

6/19/20 I have sinced learned only Mustangs and Continentals on this line(first mistake) Also it appears that there have been a set of VINS designated for GT500 reserved apart from other production, and Chassis numbers don't necessarily follow in order of production . The only take way is that nothing makes sense here.. I have learned a lot in traveling this bizarre and unsettled road.

Last edited:

SPR1957

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt 2013 Mustang GT
All right Vern Rock the name and the Ford history and the punchline! My punchline is got a VIN and build week of March 2, Kona Blue Base, Painted OTT Absolute Black Stripes, handling Package. Have a BULLITT and 2013. Sadly my history includes a 1974 Mustang II but at least I was driving one! Have fun Vern. What has dealer said about delivery and did you have to pay money on top of MSRP?

VERN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
VERN
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500
All right Vern Rock the name and the Ford history and the punchline! My punchline is got a VIN and build week of March 2, Kona Blue Base, Painted OTT Absolute Black Stripes, handling Package. Have a BULLITT and 2013. Sadly my history includes a 1974 Mustang II but at least I was driving one! Have fun Vern. What has dealer said about delivery and did you have to pay money on top of MSRP?
I am not exactly proud of my Mustang II either but at the time I loved it. First car. I have dark side also and once had a 93 viper. Dealer did not give me any time frame for delivery. I try to get that from this forum. I am awaiting my VIN to more accurately tract but that does not appear to be rocket science either. I ordered mine without stripes. I dont like stripes and removed them from my 2016 GT 350. It looks like stripes add to the delivery time especially painted stripes which are the biggest waste of money. I will be trading my gt350 so difficult to estimate exactly how much over MSRP I paid. If I can get 40K on my low milage GT (1500 miles) The difference would be about40K if that is of any help Your car sounds sharp. The hardest part for me was picking the color and have changed my mind from white to red to blue and almost had a black one fall in my lap. How long did it take you to get VIN after placing order
I have bought 6 cars from this dealer including my last 2 shelbys so hopefully he will treat me well
Nice dog by the way

Last edited:
OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
I am not exactly proud of my Mustang II either but at the time I loved it. First car. I have dark side also and once had a 93 viper. Dealer did not give me any time frame for delivery. I try to get that from this forum. I am awaiting my VIN to more accurately tract but that does not appear to be rocket science either. I ordered mine without stripes. I dont like stripes and removed them from my 2016 GT 350. It looks like stripes add to the delivery time especially painted stripes which are the biggest waste of money. I will be trading my gt350 so difficult to estimate exactly how much over MSRP I paid. If I can get 40K on my low milage GT (1500 miles) The difference would be about40K if that is of any help Your car sounds sharp. The hardest part for me was picking the color and have changed my mind from white to red to blue and almost had a black one fall in my lap. How long did it take you to get VIN after placing order
I have bought 6 cars from this dealer including my last 2 shelbys so hopefully he will treat me well
Nice dog by the way
Welcome to the forum. Are you interest in getting on the 2020 GT500 Unscheduled/Material Hold or Clean Registry?

VERN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
VERN
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500
Thank you Earl for all you do and your dedication. Makes the waiting a little easier.

Docstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang GT conv, 2018 Lincoln Navigator
Got a VIN

ordered 7/2/19
build week per dealer 3/16/20
Murray KY
Parker Ford
Base rapid red, tech pkg, black roof, black vinyl OTT stripes, carbon fiber IP

Melmark93

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mel
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Kona/White stripes, 93 MarkVIII Vortech, 94 Mark VIII, 13 MKS Ecoboost
Earl: Can you determine that production did resume on 2/3? I was watching the 4 cars in this list
that have recent updates and was thinking they would be built any day now. Marc's car (sent to
plant) should show as built when?

CaptDave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
'21 Grabber Yellow GT500 CFTP, '23 F150 King Ranch
Well today was supposed to be the “produced” day for 1296. Data dump site says it’s still sitting in the body shop. Will be interesting to see if that’s true, or if the website is still acting up like it was over the weekend.

Melmark93

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mel
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Kona/White stripes, 93 MarkVIII Vortech, 94 Mark VIII, 13 MKS Ecoboost
Well today was supposed to be the “produced” day for 1296. Data dump site says it’s still sitting in the body shop. Will be interesting to see if that’s true, or if the website is still acting up like it was over the weekend.
Just tried tracking & it won't let me in. :-(

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
The tracking websites are all screwed up and are almost worthless. The last time I was able to check, there were 101 cars in production, 71 in the body shop, 29 on the trim line and 1 produced. All the car that were on the trim line should be produced by now. A lot of the cars in the body shop should now be on the trim line. There were 60 VINs that have been sent to the plant and some of them should be in the body shop. I have no way of knowing at this time exactly what is going on because of the dysfunctional tracking websites.

CaptDave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
'21 Grabber Yellow GT500 CFTP, '23 F150 King Ranch
The tracking websites are all screwed up and are almost worthless. The last time I was able to check, there were 101 cars in production, 71 in the body shop, 29 on the trim line and 1 produced. All the car that were on the trim line should be produced by now. A lot of the cars in the body shop should now be on the trim line. There were 60 VINs that have been sent to the plant and some of them should be in the body shop. I have no way of knowing at this time exactly what is going on because of the dysfunctional tracking websites.
This is what I figured Earl. As always, appreciate you keeping everyone in the loop though the process. You would think a giant company like Ford could afford to pay a few tech savvy millennials to keep stuff like this working properly.