Sponsored

Edelbrock E-Force Troubleshooting Manual

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Just got my car dynoed this weekend. Thought others would like to see numbers. Tires were spinning on the dyno first run. But I’m fairly happy with the results given the mods. If I went with long tubes no cats and dropped a pulley size, this combo would be good well over 700rwhp.
C88E1F41-B322-4CFE-B024-ED6F89781CCC.jpeg

Edelbrock 2300 blower stage 2 (90mm throttle body, dw400 pump)
Still has stock pulley/belt 6rib
DW 95lb injectors
VMP BAP
E85
Stock headers/cats
PBD Tune
I didn’t realise that PBD would tune for e85 without a return system.
I may have to go and have a chat. Love that torque curve by the way!
Sponsored

HA8N3RO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange Mustang GT
I didn’t realise that PBD would tune for e85 without a return system.
I may have to go and have a chat. Love that torque curve by the way!
Yeah they tuned the dw400 fuel pump + BAP with e85. Rob said the combo is good up to 850 rwhp.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah they tuned the dw400 fuel pump + BAP with e85. Rob said the combo is good up to 850 rwhp.
Excellent.
I’m excited by the idea. My gearbox may not be quite as keen.

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
Just got my car dynoed this weekend. Thought others would like to see numbers. Tires were spinning on the dyno first run. But I’m fairly happy with the results given the mods. If I went with long tubes no cats and dropped a pulley size, this combo would be good well over 700rwhp.
C88E1F41-B322-4CFE-B024-ED6F89781CCC.jpeg

Edelbrock 2300 blower stage 2 (90mm throttle body, dw400 pump)
Still has stock pulley/belt 6rib
DW 95lb injectors
VMP BAP
E85
Stock headers/cats
PBD Tune
That is some solid power for someone on stock headers/cat, 90mm TB, and only a 2.3 too

Sponsored

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
@mikengail
@wsfrazier
Here’s the results of my testing for a vac leak.
Honestly, I can’t face-palm hard enough right now, but I’ll share the story for the lol’s.
Hopefully it’s worth the read.....

As stated earlier, I was driving the car one day on PBD tune, when it stalled as I came to a stop. Weird right? The weather had changed significantly at that time, so I suspected that something might be up in the calibration. Fast forward a few days and the car has stalled a few more times.
Flashed Lund tune across, car drove “ok” (but not as good as usual), stalling very rarely (twice in a a few weeks, typically within 15 seconds of start up.
AFR on the dash was all over the place, sometimes flip0ing between 11.x - 16.x
This is all happening while I’m trying to chase the issue of course.
Logs showed a trend of one bank not following the other.
Tried Aerostart on the fittings and any potential leak source. Nothing.
Tried propane, nothing.
Built a smoke machine to find the @&”#&ing leak.
Hooked smoke machine to intake tube. Removed lid of airbox to remove the filter and plug the hole (don’t want all the smoke coming out if the big hole right?)...
And THAT is when I discovered that the #$*@ing air cleaner had fallen off!
Fitted air cleaner, pushed start button, MAF signal back to normal, car idles and drives like a dream.
Now to flash that PBD tune back to the car :curse::headbang:
I honestly thought I was much smarter than this post would otherwise indicate. Seems that the Dunning-Krueger effect is in full swing right here :crazy:

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Nice! Glad it’s all fixed up!

Brain fart... We’ve all been there though... lol

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
@mikengail
@wsfrazier
Here’s the results of my testing for a vac leak.
Honestly, I can’t face-palm hard enough right now, but I’ll share the story for the lol’s.
Hopefully it’s worth the read.....

As stated earlier, I was driving the car one day on PBD tune, when it stalled as I came to a stop. Weird right? The weather had changed significantly at that time, so I suspected that something might be up in the calibration. Fast forward a few days and the car has stalled a few more times.
Flashed Lund tune across, car drove “ok” (but not as good as usual), stalling very rarely (twice in a a few weeks, typically within 15 seconds of start up.
AFR on the dash was all over the place, sometimes flip0ing between 11.x - 16.x
This is all happening while I’m trying to chase the issue of course.
Logs showed a trend of one bank not following the other.
Tried Aerostart on the fittings and any potential leak source. Nothing.
Tried propane, nothing.
Built a smoke machine to find the @&”#&ing leak.
Hooked smoke machine to intake tube. Removed lid of airbox to remove the filter and plug the hole (don’t want all the smoke coming out if the big hole right?)...
And THAT is when I discovered that the #$*@ing air cleaner had fallen off!
Fitted air cleaner, pushed start button, MAF signal back to normal, car idles and drives like a dream.
Now to flash that PBD tune back to the car :curse::headbang:
I honestly thought I was much smarter than this post would otherwise indicate. Seems that the Dunning-Krueger effect is in full swing right here :crazy:
this is actually a fairly common occurrence with the stock Edelbrock kit the way that the air cleaner fits in the housing box it's a pretty tight fit for that clamp going around and not easy to get to. Glad you got it figured out! Go out there and raise some hell!

Last edited:

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
From whatI was told Rob does not tune E85 with a DW400 and a BOP anymore?

Last edited:

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
From what was told Rob does not tune E85 with a DW400 and a BOP anymore?
I should have an answer soon enough. The question has certainly been asked.

Sponsored

mikengail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Convertible A10
Well, for what it's worth, Edelbrock informed me that they don't sell the S550 Stage2 Airbox kit separately for the '18-'20 model years, only the '15-'17. Edelbrock Sales told me that I could get all of the relevant part #'s from Edelbrock Tech and Sales would order all of them for me so that I could build the airbox myself. FYI...

wsfrazier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 M6 401a
Really? I could of sworn I saw it for sale at one point on their website a few months back. I guess not. If I would eventually get their larger TB, I would want the new intake system to go with it.

Don't they sell a Stage 1 to Stage 2 full upgrade kit? Strange since that includes the intake system. I guess they want you to buy the entire Stg2 upgrade kit.

HA8N3RO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange Mustang GT
From whatI was told Rob does not tune E85 with a DW400 and a BOP anymore?
Lund won't tune for e85 without a return style fuel system. But Rob said I'm good unless I decide to pulley down aggressively, even said 12psi pulley should still be ok. For now I'm happy how she sits, might go with long tubes to remove the cats but that's about it; that should get me to 700rwhp+ and still on the 10psi pulley supplied with the stage 1 kit. That's more than enough power for me as a street driven car.

mikengail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Convertible A10
Really? I could of sworn I saw it for sale at one point on their website a few months back. I guess not. If I would eventually get their larger TB, I would want the new intake system to go with it.

Don't they sell a Stage 1 to Stage 2 full upgrade kit? Strange since that includes the intake system. I guess they want you to buy the entire Stg2 upgrade kit.
Ok, I may also be wrong about the '15-'17 Stage2 Airbox Kit. I only see part# 15868 for a '15-'17 "Competition Air Intake Kit" for $499. I'm assuming that's for an NA car only?

395816-6115599916d8e44b06f89fd911f037cf.jpg

The Stage2 Airbox Kit that I previously referenced is part# 15882, but it's for the '11-'14 model years at $472.95.

395818-cac63e0d7204cbbcf8c10a7c92250a6e.jpg

The only upgrade for '18-'20 Stage1 kits is the "Edelbrock Stg 2 Supercharger Upgrade" kit, part# 15883, for $3,799.87 that also includes injectors, BAP, TB, Pulleys and 8-rib upgrade.

395819-e465b45efef0be7ebc06cf067f1c0b80.jpg

Sorry for the confusion... View attachment 416733 View attachment 416735 View attachment 416736

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
U may have had PBD tune your car for E85 a while ago but again I don’t believe they will do it NOW without a return system for anyone
Sponsored