Sponsored

Installs On The Stage 2 Edelbrock 2650 Are Going Down!

Dalton@Evolution

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dalton
Vehicle(s)
First 2020 GT500 In Da 9z
Just another look at the in-house installs we do! This is a 2018 Mustang GT receiving a Complete Stage 2 Edelbrock Supercharger System with the included 50lb injectors and BAP. This car has headers and will be tuned by Lund Racing! This will be great data for people who want to see what kind of power you can make WITHOUT CHANGING INJECTORS. We hold the current record for the fastest 2018 Supercharged Mustang and for the Fastest Edelbrock Supercharged Mustang! If anyone has questions about an Edelbrock why not call the people who specialize in these systems! This is just another day at Evolution Performance.
IMG_0778.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:

Tish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT coupe
Interested in results on 93 pump with stage 2 parts.

Woopaloop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10R80
Just another look at the in-house installs we do! This is a 2018 Mustang GT receiving a Complete Stage 2 Edelbrock Supercharger System with the included 50lb injectors and BAP. This car has headers and will be tuned by Lund Racing! This will be great data for people who want to see what kind of power you can make WITHOUT CHANGING INJECTORS. We hold the current record for the fastest 2018 Supercharged Mustang and for the Fastest Edelbrock Supercharged Mustang! If anyone has questions about an Edelbrock why not call the people who specialize in these systems! This is just another day at Evolution Performance.
IMG_0778.JPG
This is exactly what I wanted to see.

wsfrazier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 M6 401a
Ugh, this gives me PTSD from doing my install with those fuel rails and injectors. Not looking forward to upgrading the injectors for E85 and doing it again.

Sponsored

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Question, how much boost r you guys planning to run with this setup?

Just curious, looks good Dalton

OP
OP
Dalton@Evolution

Dalton@Evolution

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dalton
Vehicle(s)
Question, how much boost r you guys planning to run with this setup?

Just curious, looks good Dalton
This car will see 10-11psi. This kit ships with an 8 rib belt drive that has a 3.5 upper and a 15% lower. That equates to about 12-13 psi. I am putting a 3.75 upper on it to make that 10-11psi I want to see.

Last edited:

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
This car will see 10-11psi. This kit ships with an 8 rib belt drive that has a 3.5 upper and a 15% lower. That equates to about 12-13 psi. I am putting a 3.75 upper on it to make that 10-11psi I want to see.
Yea I seen a podcast where alex and John jr didn’t like boost higher than 10-11 on the Edelbrock Tune using 93

But with Lund custom tuning I suspect u guys r gonna make big SAFE powa

OP
OP
Dalton@Evolution

Dalton@Evolution

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dalton
Vehicle(s)
Yea I seen a podcast where alex and John jr didn’t like boost higher than 10-11 on the Edelbrock Tune using 93

But with Lund custom tuning I suspect u guys r gonna make big SAFE powa
That goes for any forced induction system on 93 Octane. The 18 Roush kit is shipped running the same boost if not higher.

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
That goes for any forced induction system on 93 Octane. The 18 Roush kit is shipped running the same boost if not higher.
That’s the one thing that scares me with the roush, or other kits that run 12psi on pump, I would assume they are running very soft timing.

From the podcasts John jr likes low boost higher timing on the PD blowers which I sure u already know, Lolol

I expect you guys to hit a homerun on this next 2 installs, I haven’t made up my mind on which kit I want yet but lately I’m leaning towards Edelbrock or Whipple

You've been a great help with your posts, and your car

Sponsored

ColeTrickle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandin
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP, 09 G8 GT, 00 SS Camaro Conv
interesting... is there 91 tune set up for that much boost?

I am debating the stage 2 not really for the extra power at this time but because everything you get for the extra $$$ is a deal and I don't want to piece it separate. I would prefer to run less boost until I convert the car to E85 and a upgraded fuel system down the line. They probably don't have a tune for less boost?

OP
OP
Dalton@Evolution

Dalton@Evolution

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dalton
Vehicle(s)
interesting... is there 91 tune set up for that much boost?

I am debating the stage 2 not really for the extra power at this time but because everything you get for the extra $$$ is a deal and I don't want to piece it separate. I would prefer to run less boost until I convert the car to E85 and a upgraded fuel system down the line. They probably don't have a tune for less boost?
Yes! These kits are designed in California and they pass smog. The 3.5/15% setup produces 12psi and the 3.75/15% produces 10.5 psi. The calibration that is sent is perfectly fine to run with either pulley. But at the same time lets remember Roush kits are shipped running 13-14psi.

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Is the second build going to be a canned tuned Stage II on 93?
Just curious...

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
Smog legal until you go aftermarket tune then CA will fail you and Edelbrock will void your warranty. Something to think about.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Smog legal until you go aftermarket tune then CA will fail you and Edelbrock will void your warranty. Something to think about.
Which is different from the other blowers in what way?
Sponsored