Sponsored

Installs On The Stage 2 Edelbrock 2650 Are Going Down!

Draklia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I don't think California will see any part of a tune when you take the car for smog. If the kit is carb approved and you leave the factory cats you should be golden.

Smog these days is a joke. They just plug into obd2 and look for codes and CEL's.

Aftermarket tune will probably run cleaner than the canned tune.
Good luck finding an aftermarket tune that can clear the O2 and HO2 monitors that the smog machine verifies as passing through the OBD2 connection. It may run just as clean as OEM, but there is some magic that happens when you have OEM support when writing a tune, it seems the aftermarket tuning guys are still guessing at how to make it run “just right” to get these two monitors to pass the test.
Sponsored

West TX GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT
Go read bud, it's know problem. Guys with these kits r putting it out there, I’m all in for a custom tune at some point but if u pay 7000-8000 dont u think the tune they give should perform correctly. I’d gladly give up 50-60hp as long as the car runs right
I think you are reading too much. I actually have the kit and the Edelbrock tune, have you even taken a ride in one? Most issues have been from the plastic iat sensor that came in early kits. Forums are littered with complaints on everything. Maybe there is someone close to you who could give you a ride with it or any brand you are considering so you could judge if it meets your expectations. You might even be able to get a test drive at a Roush dealer if that is one you are considering. I do agree that for the money you spend you should be happy with the purchase but don't get scared off by instances of worst case scenarios because you will end up not getting anything.

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I think you are reading too much. I actually have the kit and the Edelbrock tune, have you even taken a ride in one? Most issues have been from the plastic iat sensor that came in early kits. Forums are littered with complaints on everything. Maybe there is someone close to you who could give you a ride with it or any brand you are considering so you could judge if it meets your expectations. You might even be able to get a test drive at a Roush dealer if that is one you are considering. I do agree that for the money you spend you should be happy with the purchase but don't get scared off by instances of worst case scenarios because you will end up not getting anything.
Thanks, yes thats good advice
I hope to see a few at the car show coming up in Oct...
I will hopefully take a ride in a Edelbrock

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
Stymee, another thing you can do is check with some shops in your area who have installed the different kits. I was pleased to find several in my area who didn't sell a particular brand but had installed various brands. They receive feedback from their customers and I found them to be very helpful with sharing pros and cons of each of the major kits.

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Stymee, another thing you can do is check with some shops in your area who have installed the different kits. I was pleased to find several in my area who didn't sell a particular brand but had installed various brands. They receive feedback from their customers and I found them to be very helpful with sharing pros and cons of each of the major kits.

That’s my plan, Dalton told me of a show coming up near evolution which isn’t far from me so i’m going to stop and check out a few cars

Sponsored

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
@Stymee still considering FI?
Consider just sending your car to @Dalton@Evolution and write the check. Few can match their FI troubleshooting resources. Ask them to hoon it for a while to make sure it wont break.
Then enjoy the rest of your life w a bad ass mustang.
@Stymee still considering FI?
Consider just sending your car to @Dalton@Evolution and write the check. Few can match their FI troubleshooting resources. Ask them to hoon it for a while to make sure it wont break.
Then enjoy the rest of your life w a bad ass mustang.
First off if I wasn’t so hung up on a warranty i’d Install it myself, but alas I really want the warranty so yes I would have a shop do it.

I’m gonna check out the kits soon at car show near me, we shall see

Tish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT coupe
Was wondering Dalton if you have the results from this install.

Tish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT coupe
What has Edelbrock said about this issue/theory.

Tish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT coupe
Thx for the reply and info and hoe you get heathy soon.I am wondering if anyone else had this problem running the Stage 2 with the Edelbrock 93 octane tune as this is what I am planning on doing.

Sponsored

Edelbrock Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011, 2015 & 2018 Mustangs
Thx for the reply and info and hoe you get heathy soon.I am wondering if anyone else had this problem running the Stage 2 with the Edelbrock 93 octane tune as this is what I am planning on doing.
No other issues have been reported and keep in mind, the Stage 2 kit with Edelbrock 50-State calibration kit is on MANY vehicles in operation including Saleen build Mustangs.

Regarding our choice of pulley/boost:
Our calibration engineers use sensitive knock sensor equipment (knock ears) along with the factory system to find the ideal mix of DI/PI blending, AFR, cam timing, spark advance and boost pressure to make to most power possible while still being reliable and emissions legal. Quite the task. All of this allowed us to run higher boost, producing more torque (what you feel) while still being able to run 91 or 93 pump gas. Instead offering one tune that rides the knock sensor, we will supply a 91 or 93 octane tune depending on what is available to you. We feel this method is a much safer solution while still maximizing power. As such, 91 octane will make about 640whp compared to the 686whp on 93. This is Edelbrock's combination. Aftermarket tuners have their own combination of parts and levels of boost that they stand behind. No one is right or wrong, just different ways to get the job done.

Tish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT coupe
No other issues have been reported and keep in mind, the Stage 2 kit with Edelbrock 50-State calibration kit is on MANY vehicles in operation including Saleen build Mustangs.

Regarding our choice of pulley/boost:
Our calibration engineers use sensitive knock sensor equipment (knock ears) along with the factory system to find the ideal mix of DI/PI blending, AFR, cam timing, spark advance and boost pressure to make to most power possible while still being reliable and emissions legal. Quite the task. All of this allowed us to run higher boost, producing more torque (what you feel) while still being able to run 91 or 93 pump gas. Instead offering one tune that rides the knock sensor, we will supply a 91 or 93 octane tune depending on what is available to you. We feel this method is a much safer solution while still maximizing power. As such, 91 octane will make about 640whp compared to the 686whp on 93. This is Edelbrock's combination. Aftermarket tuners have their own combination of parts and levels of boost that they stand behind. No one is right or wrong, just different ways to get the job done.
Great info as I have finished the install of the Stage 2 kit and just wanted to cover all the bases before letting her rip.

DavidHuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
I run 92 octane on the street and never under any boost on my 2017 Mustang GT Stage 2 Whipple.
I mix 5 gallons of MS109 Unleaded and 5gallon of 92 unleaded pump gas 50/50 mix before I let mine rip at the drag way just to be safe and so far so good.
10.70ET 132MPH 1.65 sixty feet

Evolution Performance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.evoperform.com
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
2019 Mustang GT PP A10
Evolution Performance, Inc. Built and Lund Racing Remote Tuned

728 RWHP and 613 RWTQ

Edelbrock 2650 TVS Stage 2 Supercharger Kit with 3.75" Pulley - 11lbs of Boost
Ford Performance 47lb Fuel Injectors
Brisk RR12S Spark Plugs
UPR Black Dual Oil Separator Catch Can System
1 7/8 Longtube Headers with Off Road Connection Pipes
Borla ATAK 3" Catback Exhaust System
Lund Racing nGauge Tuner with Boost Box OMEGA
Lund Racing Remotely Tuned
Reische 170 Degree Thermostat
Driven 5W50 Synthetic Engine Oil

edelbrock.jpg

All Edelbrock Kits are 10% Off with Free Shipping! - https://www.evoperform.com/shop/ind...=854_878_892&zenid=st38mugn2jshfvqo6i02t157m1

DavidHuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
Gen 2 is 11 to 1 compression...gen 3 is 12 to 1....yes that's what I was told Lund would tune the 3.75 for 93 and the supplied with kit 3.50 on ms109 for the stage 2 kits
I pay $100 for 5 gallons of MS109 and $15.00 for 5 gallons of 92 octane and for that reason I empty the tank at the drag way,I install my race gas mix and remove what is left for next the next test and tune.Takes no time at all to be safe.
Sponsored