Sponsored

Coming from a 2016 Camaro SS....

tokuzumi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Escalade ESV
Picture composition is screwing with the proportions. Camaro is in front, so being closer to the camera makes it look even bigger. Plus, it's a cell phone camera, so the sensor is kind of stretching the Camaro because everything is getting stretched a bit at the edges of the frame. You can kind of see this with the BMW on the far left. That hard body line on where the top and side meet also doesn't help the Camaro look any less bulky, though.
Sponsored

americanv8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
/
To me, the camaro was the better driving experience, especially if we are comparing manual, it was a much nicer transmission. Camaro does get a negative for visibility, and I don't like the way it looks.

Shane361

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2015 Competition Orange Procharged GT
Vehicle Showcase
Have not seen a good looking Camaro since the 02 SS. Welcome to the dark side.

TnWHTMARE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
To me, the camaro was the better driving experience, especially if we are comparing manual, it was a much nicer transmission. Camaro does get a negative for visibility, and I don't like the way it looks.
Yeah, reflecting on the SS I drove recently, it just felt like the sum of everything (ie...steering feel, handling, braking etc...) resulted in a more cohesive package and confident feeling car. Felt more balanced to me.

Sponsored

Shane361

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Recently I drove a Competition Orange Dodge Challenger, a V8 rental. To be honest I think it is the best looking of the three. Sounded great for a stock exhaust but I hated EVERYTHING else about it. Felt like I was driving a boat and the interior layout was anything but desirable. I think I would have enjoyed the Camaro interior more to be honest.

americanv8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
/
Recently I drove a Competition Orange Dodge Challenger, a V8 rental. To be honest I think it is the best looking of the three. Sounded great for a stock exhaust but I hated EVERYTHING else about it. Felt like I was driving a boat and the interior layout was anything but desirable. I think I would have enjoyed the Camaro interior more to be honest.
Challenger is beautiful man, just a classic design, but definitely not a good driving experience unless all you do is drive straight.

OP
OP

‘19 GeeTee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Thanks guys. Everyone seems to be very cool on here. The biggest difference to me is the TONE of the exhaust. Not only is the active exhaust louder, it sounds WAYYYY better than the dual mode. That in itself makes it more fun to drive..haha. I can't make a conclusive decision on the power, as I haven't really opened the car up yet. I'm close to 500 miles, then gonna let her rip. The Mustang definitely feels more balanced. More solid. The shifts are shorter and a bit more precise than the Camaro. I know some say the clutch is no good, but I like it better than the Camaro.

Shane361

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
500 you say....time for a supercharger!

Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
The 5.0L sounds amazing. I've had multiple Vettes in various levels of tune/modifications, small displacement turbo cars, rotaries, inline 6s (including 750+ HP turbos with wild exhausts, and seriously, nothing sounds as good to me. The mix of displacement/V8, DOHC, <whatever>, creates a sound that's both classic muscle, but also exotic.

BlackandBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I always chuckle to myself when I see these threads. It shows what we car enthusiast want and what we think we want are different things.

On paper the Camaro is a better in just about every way. Lighter, tracks better, better brakes, better skidpad, better transmission but the Mustang is so much more enjoyable of a car.

The looks alone win the contest. The sound is a big added bonus.

I thank you for buying a Mustang. Every Mustang funds the future of this great machine.

OP
OP

‘19 GeeTee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
On paper the Camaro is a better in just about every way. Lighter, tracks better, better brakes, better skidpad, better transmission but the Mustang is so much more enjoyable of a car.

I thank you for buying a Mustang. Every Mustang funds the future of this great machine.
Key words, “so much more enjoyable of s car”. This is true and I’m not being biased. I didn’t have to buy a Mustang, I chose to.

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
I came to the Mustang from a 2013 Camaro SS. It was a decent car but I got tired of the bunker feel & the retro thing is cool but it doesn't age well IMHO. I chose a GT and am glad I did. Congrats on your new car enjoy!

Tickitty Tock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 Kona Blue
Should have driven with Steeda clutch spring. You may have thought otherwise
Sponsored