Sponsored

Coming from a 2016 Camaro SS....

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
I disagree with most of what is said about the Camaro.
I still prefer it (the '15 2SS I had) over my '17 Mustang.
I know my Mustang GT is just a base but it doesn't handle as well as my Camaro did. It really
hung great in curves and full throttle (or near) curves were confidence inspiring.
I never tracked it , only street raced other worthy opponents. Mostly on a mountain road.
Twice I've nearly lost the Mustang in races where hanging in a curve was imperative, only to
be let down by the Mustang.
BEST thing about the Mustang is it's cheap.
Lots o' horsepower for the money.....................:sunglasses:
Sponsored

OP
OP

‘19 GeeTee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
To offset the shitty 91 octane here in CA, I bought some Boostane to raise the octane a couple points. Will the computer automatically adjust, or does the fuel map have to be reset.

Last edited:

Elvis66

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT ..2014 Camaro ..72 Chevelle ..67 LeMans..97 4runner..2001 tundra
So I'm going to chime in here . Being that I have both the 19 Mustang and 19 Camaro. The Camaro is definitely smaller then the mustang ..and the sheet metal is thinner on the Camaro ..when I go to fill up the mustang and lean against it nothing moves when I put the same pressure leaning up against the Camaro I can feel it push in . Both my 19 Camaro and 19 Mustang have the A10 transmission .. Camaro definitely has more torque.. but I feel like I have more mid &
IMG_20190911_182347649.jpg
IMG_20190825_193055601.jpg
top end the driving experience is more fun in the Mustang..I hate the AFM in the Camaro that drops it down to 4 cylinders makes the car sound horrible.. as aftermarket exhaust I did the Corsa double x pipe with a Roush axle backs sounds amazing on the Mustang. And on the Camaro I did the borla x pipe with secondary cat delete in mbrp axle backs..both sound like monsters .. the Camaro is deeper but I feel the mustang louder... Visibility I feel they are the same . the layout in the interior is a bit more comfortable on the Mustang ,and better center console. I would say the Camaro has the better sound system. And one thing the Camaro did that I wish that the Mustang did is the better upgraded inner fenders and using metal fasteners instead of push pins. I also have the same wheel &tire setup on both vehicles 275 35 20 X10 in the front 315 35 20 x11 in the rear .. I had the Mustang set up more stiffer and handles excellent the Camaro is quite a bit softer but handles more comfortably. Truly blessed to have both of them.and enjoying modify them .this is my second mustang that I have now and going on my third camaro.i believe ther would never been a Camaro if not for the mustang and feel we need the Camaro to keep pushing the mustang to be better.
IMG_20190910_191259941.jpg
IMG_20190610_224631872.jpg
MVIMG_20190821_202926991.jpg
IMG_20190805_190042751.jpg

Last edited:

66Bronc1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JT
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Thanks for being respective of the Camaro and not putting it down too bad on a Mustang forum. I too went from a Camaro (2017, A8) to a Mustang GT, now back to a Camaro (2016, V6, M6). The reason is I had problems with my 2017 Camaro RS- plagued with the terrible A8 shudder. Then I got a brand new 18 GT base (manual) for a fantastic price. It had problems too- the engine noises- ticking, then knocking and pinging along with the 2K RPM engine rattle. The dealer blew me off and I just did not want to deal with it, same with the A8 shudder on the Camaro.

As far as the two cars comparison though, the GT has a marvelous sound- stock. It's the best out there in (affordable) sports cars. It beats the Camaro standard and NPP exhaust. Comfort wise it's about the same. Mustang perhaps better visibility although you get used to the car you drive every day and the Camaro does not seem to have negative visibility to me. Clutch action I have to give to the Camaro- it has a much shorter throw- at least my current V6, M6 does over the GT. That was the one thing I had a hard time with on the GT. Handling and ride quality I give to the Camaro- perhaps it's due to the light weight V6 being up front. Acceleration the GT of course over the V6 Camaros but the V6 with MT is so much better than the V6 with the A8. I expect the GT and SS to be very close though.

After owning the two cars and if I had a choice between a Mustang GT and Camaro SS (and could afford it), it would be very close. I would choose the SS with M6. Reason is that you don't read about the engine issues as much on the forums and I like the shorter throw clutch. I'm hesitant on any automatic (even thought they are much quicker than manual) after my A8 experience and I love my 2016 V6 with M6 and I added MBRB axle back and it now has nice sound.

OP
OP

‘19 GeeTee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
If I could have afforded an '18 SS 1LE, I would have went with that. My '16 Camaro SS did seem to have a bit more torque, especially in the lower end. The new GT is just more enjoyable to drive. From the sound, to the comfort, to the transmission, to the view. But both are great cars.

Sponsored

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
If I could have afforded an '18 SS 1LE, I would have went with that. My '16 Camaro SS did seem to have a bit more torque, especially in the lower end. The new GT is just more enjoyable to drive. From the sound, to the comfort, to the transmission, to the view. But both are great cars.
I almost bought an LE1 and it has a great exhaust. But, like most muscle cars and trucks the exhaust falls flat in the higher RPMs in comparison to the mustang for obvious reasons. That was a pretty big reason why I couldn't fall in love with it. Well that and I felt like I opted for the deluxe coffin package on the inside. The manual is better. Faster and just smoother.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
The clutch engagement is way better on the Mustang.
so it's not just my car, either. The ZL1 engagement was really nice, not quite Mustang takeup though, you had to keep the pedal weighted a bit longer but totally liveable even in stop and go. The 1SS clutch drives me nuts.

I know my Mustang GT is just a base but it doesn't handle as well as my Camaro did. It really hung great in curves and full throttle (or near) curves were confidence inspiring.
BEST thing about the Mustang is it's cheap.
The 1LE package vs PerfPack I'll definitely give the advantage to Chevy in handling, poise, and confidence; both the 4cyl or 8cyl. As to 'cheap' the GT+PP was 33K, the 1SS+1LE was 35K so not a lot of daylight, really. Considering I have to replace the PP suspension with Steeda and adding IRL lockouts and braces, I'm spending the delta to fix the Mustang...

The GT stock exhaust is lovely if a touch loud but sonorous from idle. The Camaro doesn't sound like anything until it opens up and then it's just delicious. Problem is that lovely sound and keeping my license are somewhat mutually exclusive.

Last edited:

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
VS section of Camaro6 likes to say the Camaro manual is faster.
Faster to shift from gear to gear? Camaro 6MT by a mile compared to my '19 GT. The Ford trans is quite balky but very distinct detents. The GM is seamless to row but no detent/feedback.

Last edited:

AlmostFamous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
If I’m really pushing the car, the Camaro 1SS and 2SS I’ve driven as rentals are better handling vehicles than their Mustang GT counterparts. They feel more poised in general. Everyday driving and general comfort, the Mustang wins by a good margin. Stop light to stop light, the Camaro will have the advantage but on the freeway, the Mustang will have the advantage. They’re both great vehicles and you can’t go wrong with either one. It really comes down to personal preference.

The_Phantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Camaro needs more interior room. I miss my '13 SS sometimes as it was a fun car to drive, but the new ones I can't fit in comfortably at all.

Of course, I'm built like a linebacker at 6'8", 350 so that's part of the problem. But still, more room could be had.

Sponsored

thunderstrike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 6 spd
Recently I drove a Competition Orange Dodge Challenger, a V8 rental. To be honest I think it is the best looking of the three. Sounded great for a stock exhaust but I hated EVERYTHING else about it. Felt like I was driving a boat and the interior layout was anything but desirable. I think I would have enjoyed the Camaro interior more to be honest.
X2. I like the Challenger also, especially the fact it has NAV DVD player and I can install a Lockpick to watch video while in drive. But, yes it's a boat. I love my Mustang.
Sponsored