p6cl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Did you find a specific forum or anything to for the ACC installation, or did you just use this one? (https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/diy-adaptive-cruise-control-im-looking-for-info.99458/)

Was looking at installing it, and just want backup locations incase something isn't clear about the install, since it's going to be my first hardware addition instead of just a swap like this display or anything small like that.
Yes, followed those links. I changed out the fuse box wiring assembly in the engine bay. What a pain and worst thing to get installed. I did have a Supercharger in the way.
Sponsored

Falk03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Falk
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Convertible
Yes, followed those links. I changed out the fuse box wiring assembly in the engine bay. What a pain and worst thing to get installed. I did have a Supercharger in the way.
I would not swap the wiring harness in the engine bay. It is only 4 wires you need to add. Ground, power from the fuse box and 2 CAN bus wires you can connect to the harness close by. For me the power wire was the most difficult one, because it needed to go to the fuse box and to be added to the right fuse, which was a bit painful.

p6cl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I would not swap the wiring harness in the engine bay. It is only 4 wires you need to add. Ground, power from the fuse box and 2 CAN bus wires you can connect to the harness close by. For me the power wire was the most difficult one, because it needed to go to the fuse box and to be added to the right fuse, which was a bit painful.
Yes, i would never change that harness out again. I would have just added the wires. My power was not inside for the HUD until i changed the engine wires, although i had the HUD plug there with my 401A package.

300mag

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Prem Vert
Yes, i would never change that harness out again. I would have just added the wires. My power was not inside for the HUD until i changed the engine wires, although i had the HUD plug there with my 401A package.
Just out of curiosity what does the hud display.?

Falk03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Falk
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Convertible
Yes, there is one little wire missing. The wire from the HUD comes to C212 #2, but the engine harness does not have this one connected. I added a short wire to the next connector in the area which has that connection. In my case I used C215 #10.

Sponsored

opengl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 400A 6MT

Mencho349

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rod
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Hello all, my first post in here. Great thread and very informative. I have a noob question and I'm sure many more to come. I have a 2016 EB with PP and I'm definitely doing this mod. I've read all 61 pages and as I try to grasp all that is involve would getting the As-Built from a 2019 with the digital gauge already from Ford make the programing easier aside from the fine tuning necessary to tailor it to my car? Again provided I'm understanding this correctly. Thanks in advance.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Eco Premium
Hello all, my first post in here. Great thread and very informative. I have a noob question and I'm sure many more to come. I have a 2016 EB with PP and I'm definitely doing this mod. I've read all 61 pages and as I try to grasp all that is involve would getting the As-Built from a 2019 with the digital gauge already from Ford make the programing easier aside from the fine tuning necessary to tailor it to my car? Again provided I'm understanding this correctly. Thanks in advance.
I wouldn't recommend it, simply because the car you get the as-built from might have a few different systems than yours. It's really not too difficult, it's just modifying a couple lines in forscan at most. I've modified a bit of my code like the audible honk when you leave your car when it's running, stereo graphics and a couple other things. But all in all, you should only have to modify a couple lines and worst case scenario you have to change the code again if you type it in wrong. Using a different cars as-built would likely just make it harder. If you have any questions about the programming while doing it, anyone here is happy to help, especially sam. ^-^

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Eco Premium
Perfect, thanks man! Probably not one of the sooner mods i'm gonna do, but definitely helpful for when i decide to tackle that.

Sponsored

okfoz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush Stage 3
Has anyone had their Digital IP Blink? Took my recently converted 2016 for a spin around the block, it was actually one of the first times I have driven at night with the Digital IP, the IP turned off for about 1 or 2 seconds then came right back on, When it tuned on first came up the miles, then came up the rest of the Gages...

Is this common? Should I just send it back for another since it is under warranty?

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55
I've only had my digital cluster for a couple of weeks, but mine does not blink at all. I am pretty sure that is not normal at all. It's a PITA to take the dash back apart, but the most obvious thing to check is that the plug is fully seated and locked into the port on the back of the IP. Did you buy a used IP? I'd double check the plug and make sure that none of the wires (pins, actually) have backed out of their holes in the plug, and that the plug itself is seated securely. If it still blinks, it is defective somehow. Good luck!

randy_tho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah It sounds like its doing the same thing as the ignition being cut. Blacks out with just the odom. It seems to be loosing power. Could be connection.

I've only had my digital cluster for a couple of weeks, but mine does not blink at all. I am pretty sure that is not normal at all. It's a PITA to take the dash back apart, but the most obvious thing to check is that the plug is fully seated and locked into the port on the back of the IP. Did you buy a used IP? I'd double check the plug and make sure that none of the wires (pins, actually) have backed out of their holes in the plug, and that the plug itself is seated securely. If it still blinks, it is defective somehow. Good luck!

300mag

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Prem Vert
Has anyone had their Digital IP Blink? Took my recently converted 2016 for a spin around the block, it was actually one of the first times I have driven at night with the Digital IP, the IP turned off for about 1 or 2 seconds then came right back on, When it tuned on first came up the miles, then came up the rest of the Gages...

Is this common? Should I just send it back for another since it is under warranty?
Check post #1130 of this thread. Sounds like same problem and may be defective according to Sam.
Sponsored