Sponsored

ARH full system migrate valves to new mufflers

mmakam2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Hey guys I want to get the ARH offroad full system, I was wondering if anyone had thoughts on the feasibility of moving the valves over to the new mufflers.

Are the valves just in the exhaust tips? Could we just cut and weld the tips on the new system?
Sponsored

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Sooooo, just my personal opinion, I'm sure anything like that can be done with a small amount of ingenuity. For me however, there are too many great options, one of which includes leaving the stock mufflers with any system, to justify the hassle.

OP
OP

mmakam2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Yea but I don't like the rasp of the stock system (relatively speaking) , the ARH system sounds insanely good. Also I'm going FI, and stock will be a slight restriction at 900whp

Also, the overall complexity of the install of the header/x combo from ARH vs full exhaust, I know I can just bolt up the full system with no issues and minimize welds, cuts, neck down, etc..

if moving the valves is too crazy I'll just leave them deleted.

Sammyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 5.0 COUPE
mmakam2, I’ve thought about the exact scenario you mention. I currently have the Borla ATAK which has the valves. It sounds great and I like keeping the valves but I’m interested in the full ARH system. Galaxy makes a good point about the OEM mufflers, but part of what makes the ARH system sound so good, so unique is the mufflers.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I've got the ATAK also. And while I literally never close my valves, I also still have cats and stock headers. I can certainly imagine a desire to retain the valves with that set up. I'd venture to guess ATAK mufflers with any full system in front of it would sound rather wicked...as another option.

Sponsored

Sammyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 5.0 COUPE
I still retain the stock headers and cats as well with the ATAK. Here is my biggest question.....how much different would the ARH with cats sound vs. the Kooks with cats sound vs. the Stainless Works with cats all with the ATAK? Part of me wants to think the ARH would sound the best but I have a hard time believing any of them would sound too much different. They are all good.

Deathvalleysc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Hey guys I want to get the ARH offroad full system, I was wondering if anyone had thoughts on the feasibility of moving the valves over to the new mufflers.

Are the valves just in the exhaust tips? Could we just cut and weld the tips on the new system?
To answer your question yes the valves are just in the exhaust tips. I’ve posted a picture below to show you what they look like. It’s basically a baffle that opens and closes with an actuator. I have the full kooks system with green cats. The kooks mufflers actually have a place to bolt the actuators to. This stops your car from throwing up a exhaust mode error light. It tricks the actuator to think it actually opened. I assume the ARH is the same way. I know everyone has their own opinions about things. My personal opinion. I don’t miss the open and close option. The first thing I did when I got in the car was open the exhaust. That’s one less thing I have to do now. Lol

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
While you could put it in place on the ARH system, I don't think you'd see the results you're looking for by doing so. The factory muffler is really two designs in one and closing the valve forces it to utilize the chambered and muffled path. Doing the same on the ARH would only serve to restrict the total flow of the exhaust but wouldn't do much, if anything, to change the volume.

Sponsored
OP
OP

mmakam2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
While you could put it in place on the ARH system, I don't think you'd see the results you're looking for by doing so. The factory muffler is really two designs in one and closing the valve forces it to utilize the chambered and muffled path. Doing the same on the ARH would only serve to restrict the total flow of the exhaust but wouldn't do much, if anything, to change the volume.
Yea I can see that now with the closeup of the ARH system. It has a 1 pipe going into 2 after the muffler instead of 2 pathways through the muffler.

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Yea I can see that now with the closeup of the ARH system. It has a 1 pipe going into 2 after the muffler instead of 2 pathways through the muffler.
This is correct. The ARH muffler doens't have (2) different paths going through the muffler. Closing one side won't make a ton of difference (if at all). ARH is loud mode all day, every day.

I run the ARH long system (headers, offroad mid-pipes, x-pipe and their resonators into my OEM mufflers). I am a huge fan. Here's my car WOT underload

OP
OP

mmakam2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
This is correct. The ARH muffler doens't have (2) different paths going through the muffler. Closing one side won't make a ton of difference (if at all). ARH is loud mode all day, every day.

I run the ARH long system (headers, offroad mid-pipes, x-pipe and their resonators into my OEM mufflers). I am a huge fan. Here's my car WOT underload

I like this idea. So did the stock pipes from the mufflers slip into the ARH 3" pipes after the resonator? Or did you did you weld it?

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
The OEM pipes are a wee bit smaller diameter than the ARH pipes, so it's a nice slip-on joint that you just clamp down. Super easy

blueovalkid

The Snake Pit
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clint
Vehicle(s)
08 GT500, 17 GT350
I just finished installing Stainless works Headers w/Offroad Mid and Borla ATAK system.
I was nervous about the combo being too loud from reading others experiences with headers/exhaust
But I was pleasantly surprised with the outcome
Dont get me wrong its loud... maybe too loud for some... But I like it!
I took off Lethal cat delete pipes and Shiftek H resonator delete so my car was already loud
I wanted to get rid of the rasp of the stock mufflers but keep the muffler baffles
I am very happy with the combo
IMO it has a deeper sound and alot of the stock rasp is gone and it sounds better in the upper RPM's as well
The fit of the SW headers and Borla system was very good
I just thought I would share my experience....
Sponsored