Sponsored

2020 EcoBoost High Performance Package, 330 HP / 350 LB-FT, 0-60 mid 4's [Updated With Video]

McCarthy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
Cool package. I just bought a '19 GT after test driving an eco PP it just wasn't enough. I really wish they put a 2.7 or 3.5 ecoboost in these cars, would have bought that over a GT without question.
Sponsored

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
I really wish they put a 2.7 or 3.5 ecoboost in these cars, would have bought that over a GT without question.
That's why they don't...….

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
For those wondering, yes you can get the package on the base cars. The orange one had the standard cloth seats, analog gauges, etc. I do think you'll need the 101A package if you select the Handling package so you have the drive mode toggles for MagneRide, but that's it.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
High Performance Package gets you the base SVO...
Handling Package on the SVO gets you Magneride and SVE wheels.

Sponsored

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Are we really thinking this is going to be a 10k option for the High Performance package by itself? I'm thinking both of them together won't be that much (okay, maybe that much for both), sounds like a ridiculous premium to charge for slightly more power and some suspension tweaks. Remember, this is available on a base Ecoboost which has an MSRP $8960 lower than a base GT. I haven't cared about Mustangs before the S550 so I don't know the history of differences like this.

And why does everyone keep bring up the drag strip? This isn't a drag strip car. It will be making a killing on Autocross courses and on the street. From a dig, this will probably jump on a GT every time and beat it to 60 which is where the race ends in red light racing.
I'm not talking hi-po alone. The PP2 a $6500 option, and that's probably about what the handling package alone will cost. That will likely also require 101A for the toggle switches, so add in $2000. We've already almost hit that $8960 defecit, and we haven't even counted the hi-po option yet. Let's break that down... This comes with all the CS appearance goodies, so we'll even be a bit conservative and say half of the CS package is $1000. It seems to have active exhaust standard, so there's $895. Then, the engine... let's just assume there's a $500 upcharge tacked on for that. We're currently at almost $2k over the price of a base GT. That's why they can be compared... this car will likely end up costing more than a base GT for not as much performance

And it's interesting that you say that we can't compare the straight line speed of the cars, yet say "From a dig, this will probably jump on a GT every time and beat it to 60"... well, hate to burst your bubble here, but;
1. That's called "drag racing"
2. The Hi-po is half a second slower to 60mph

I don't think you understand what down-low torque means.
Ecoboost have full boost at 2,300rpms... even lower rpm if need and you update components to forged. But the ecoboost has boost nearly off idle. Throttle response on 4 cyl turbos will always be an issue, but don't confuse it with lag.
Poor throttle response in a turbo car is the result of turbo lag. That's what turbo lag is... a lag in response to throttle inputs

Christ, I like the ecoboosts and usually defend them, but this thread is showing me why so many people hate them... and their owners

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
So I am a little confused about the weight distribution. It says 50/50. But the current eco is like 53/47. Maybe I missed something but how did they rearrange the weight? I keep hearing the 200 lb reference buy I believe that is just comparing an eco to a GT.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
So I am a little confused about the weight distribution. It says 50/50. But the current eco is like 53/47. Maybe I missed something but how did they rearrange the weight? I keep hearing the 200 lb reference buy I believe that is just comparing an eco to a GT.
From OP...

The new 2020 2.3L High Performance Package feels sharp and nimble, with an aggressive road-holding stance, near-balanced 53/47 weight distribution

ihc95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10 401A
It says "projected 330hp" so is there any chance the final number will be 350hp like the Focus RS?

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not talking hi-po alone. The PP2 a $6500 option, and that's probably about what the handling package alone will cost. That will likely also require 101A for the toggle switches, so add in $2000. We've already almost hit that $8960 defecit, and we haven't even counted the hi-po option yet. Let's break that down... This comes with all the CS appearance goodies, so we'll even be a bit conservative and say half of the CS package is $1000. It seems to have active exhaust standard, so there's $895. Then, the engine... let's just assume there's a $500 upcharge tacked on for that. We're currently at almost $2k over the price of a base GT. That's why they can be compared... this car will likely end up costing more than a base GT for not as much performance

And it's interesting that you say that we can't compare the straight line speed of the cars, yet say "From a dig, this will probably jump on a GT every time and beat it to 60"... well, hate to burst your bubble here, but;
1. That's called "drag racing"
2. The Hi-po is half a second slower to 60mph
I said from a dig and mentioned red light racing together on purpose, you're not getting full 1/4 mile sprints off of a light in traffic. I'll admit I forgot about the 4 (or faster) 0-60 for the 18+ GT so yeah, that remove that point anyway. I'm not an Eco-fanboy by any means, but if the costs don't balloon like your totaling it up does, it could be okay for some people given the insurance, gas, and weight differences. But I agree, if it (the base of base but with both packages) comes in above the GT pricing, it will be a very niche option.

Sponsored

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I said from a dig and mentioned red light racing together on purpose, you're not getting full 1/4 mile sprints off of a light in traffic. I'll admit I forgot about the 4 (or faster) 0-60 for the 18+ GT so yeah, that remove that point anyway. I'm not an Eco-fanboy by any means, but if the costs don't balloon like your totaling it up does, it could be okay for some people given the insurance, gas, and weight differences. But I agree, if it (the base of base but with both packages) comes in above the GT pricing, it will be a very niche option.
Understandable, but even at that, drag racing comes in many forms... it can be 1/4 mile, 1/2 mile, or even 1/8 mile... even a stoplight drag, only going to 60mph. It's all different forms of drag racing, and like you've acknowledged, the GT will likely have the upper hand there. I really do hope this car comes in at a more affordable price point, as it would be a great option for those who just can't afford the daily cost of a GT, let alone the price of the car itself. But crunching the numbers, I don't think that's going to be the case

stageron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2559, Lexus NX300
If you take a 2019 premium ecoboost add 401a, PP, Magna ride, active exhaust and B & O stereo (just for kicks) that puts you at almost $40,000. At what price does that put the new performance ecoboost premium?

tokuzumi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Escalade ESV
It says "projected 330hp" so is there any chance the final number will be 350hp like the Focus RS?
Anything is possible, but the TFLCar channel interviewed the engineer, and they said they weren't looking for the HP number from the Focus. They were looking for area under the power curves. So, the 330 may not be the final number, but I doubt we will see more than 335 once the official numbers come out.

I'd love to see more, but Ford indirectly states we won't see Focus RS numbers.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
From OP...
Watch the video from Stang mode posted yesterday #257. Plaque in front of the car says 50/50, Ford put it there which is where my question stems

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
Quick question for those of you with EB in any form. Did you insurance company ding you for the turbo? And for those of you that are EB verts, did you get double dinged. I was also to verts are WAY more expensive to insure.\
Sponsored