Sponsored

Has anyone replaced the rear valance reflectors with functional LEDs?

300mag

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Prem Vert
I like them and they look cool but a little to much flashing going on for me but I would definitely get if I went to shows.
Sponsored

Boss Bandit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT (Lightning Blue), 1998 Camaro SS
You guys mean something like this

Looks good, Joe!

Happen to know if your guy can do something like what I outlined above? White reverse lights instead of aux brake lights?

joeg92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Looks good, Joe!

Happen to know if your guy can do something like what I outlined above? White reverse lights instead of aux brake lights?
To be honest I have no idea. I’ve never talked to the guy, and as far as I know he stopped making the lights.

Boss Bandit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT (Lightning Blue), 1998 Camaro SS
To be honest I have no idea. I’ve never talked to the guy, and as far as I know he stopped making the lights.
Ah well, it was worth asking. I might snag one of those kits off of Ebay and replace the lights with white LEDs. I'm not too good with wiring, but I'm sure I could figure it out.

300mag

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Prem Vert
Had my bumper off this weekend to install BLIS/CTA and installed new LED replacements for in place of the reflectors, really like how they go with LED sidemarkers.
Screenshot_20190320_095025.jpg
Screenshot_20190320_094454.jpg
Screenshot_20190320_094320.jpg
Screenshot_20190320_094105.jpg

Sponsored

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Where did you get those from

OP
OP
Cobra Jet

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra

MasterCylinder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(sold)17 GT
I picked up the iJDMtoy version. Hope they aren't garbage. I found out last night, cause I was looking for some for my wife's crosstrek, that they don't have good reliability and prone to fail very quickly.

300mag

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Prem Vert
Thanks for that link! This thread has really popped alive since I initially posted (and there was not any aftermarket offerings initially).

Those eBay reflectors look nice! If someone gets them, post up your thoughts and pics of them installed.
I picked up the iJDMtoy version. Hope they aren't garbage. I found out last night, cause I was looking for some for my wife's crosstrek, that they don't have good reliability and prone to fail very quickly.
I'm sure it's going to be hit or miss based on product , ijdmtoy just puts their name on it and resells it in my opinion. I'd bet the smoked version I purchased and the red version that ijdmtoy sells comes off the assembly line in China. With that set quality looked good, sealing was excellent(no viable samor gap between lens and body) and fitment was excellent as well. no instructions but that is typical with these ebay/ China parts. With the bumper off install. is a breeze, snaps into place and you reuse nut from the oem reflector, two wires green is positive and black is. negetive. You can still install without removing bumper or valence just going to be a PITA on your back getting to nut and putting the nut back on each reflector and then of course splicing the wires in.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Cobra Jet

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm sure it's going to be hit or miss based on product , ijdmtoy just puts their name on it and resells it in my opinion. I'd bet the smoked version I purchased and the red version that ijdmtoy sells comes off the assembly line in China. With that set quality looked good, sealing was excellent(no viable samor gap between lens and body) and fitment was excellent as well. no instructions but that is typical with these ebay/ China parts. With the bumper off install. is a breeze, snaps into place and you reuse nut from the oem reflector, two wires green is positive and black is. negetive. You can still install without removing bumper or valence just going to be a PITA on your back getting to nut and putting the nut back on each reflector and then of course splicing the wires in.

So does the wiring just tie into the side marker lights?

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
Not a fan of the eBay ones either but I’d like to find something that works. I like the reverse light idea and I would just run it in conjunction with the Oracle led reverse light I have. Whatever I end up finding though, has to stop warping. I’m on my third set of reflectors from warping after a track day....too hot in the kitchen I guess.

Another option......

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/382744380698

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/283319070765

oooo. I like those.
Going to have to get them.

I want to tie them into the brake lights.

OP
OP
Cobra Jet

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For those who have installed them - how’s long term use so far, any issues?

Akeldama

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Manual Magnetic GT Premium w/401a, Performance Pack and Active Exhaust
I'm still looking for some with smoked lenses that will fit a 2018. I have them for the rear marker lights and they look great...
Sponsored