Sponsored

Has anyone replaced the rear valance reflectors with functional LEDs?

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
Interested in this as well. I don’t like those particular ones on eBay, but I would like to replace the rear lower valance reflectors with functional LEDs.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Still interested in this. Anyone?

300mag

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Prem Vert
I would have changed mine out but I hate the little arrows on the ebay one. I going to be changing out my sidemarkers to smoked LED sidenarkars and going to look at possibly of modifing rear reflectors and adding led's.

Boss Bandit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT (Lightning Blue), 1998 Camaro SS
I've given thought to doing such a mod, but rather than red brake lights I'd like to go with white reverse lights. Reason being is that that's right around the area on 60s Mustangs where the circular reverse lights were. I'm not sure what I'd do with the bigger central light if I did go that route, though. I would probably just remove it entirely and make a honey comb insert to further aid in anti-parachuting measures, which would also look pretty cool on a GT350 style valence. If the LEDs used in the strips were bright enough, I don't see much of a reason to retain the bigger light. But, it's not something I've put too much thought into currently.

Sponsored

300mag

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Prem Vert
I've given thought to doing such a mod, but rather than red brake lights I'd like to go with white reverse lights. Reason being is that that's right around the area on 60s Mustangs where the circular reverse lights were. I'm not sure what I'd do with the bigger central light if I did go that route, though. I would probably just remove it entirely and make a honey comb insert to further aid in anti-parachuting measures, which would also look pretty cool on a GT350 style valence. If the LEDs used in the strips were bright enough, I don't see much of a reason to retain the bigger light. But, it's not something I've put too much thought into currently.
good idea, never thought of that with mesh

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
Not a fan of the eBay ones either but I’d like to find something that works. I like the reverse light idea and I would just run it in conjunction with the Oracle led reverse light I have. Whatever I end up finding though, has to stop warping. I’m on my third set of reflectors from warping after a track day....too hot in the kitchen I guess.

Another option......

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/382744380698

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/283319070765

Last edited:

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
@db252 this is exactly what I was looking for! Thanks man! I am buying this. :rockon:

Has anyone installed these lights? Any ideas about quality?

Last edited:

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Me neither. Yet I just bought them, lol!

Sponsored

Akeldama

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Manual Magnetic GT Premium w/401a, Performance Pack and Active Exhaust
Count me in as well... I got the ones with the smoked lenses. They should match the smoked LED parking lights I've already installed. I figured that since I'll be removing the bumper cover soon to retrofit the blind spot sensors, it should be easy to replace the reflectors, drill holes and solder all the necessary wiring at that time.

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
You guys mean something like this

I was about to tag the person who makes them but i see you got it from the same person lol. How much did it cost you if you dont mind me asking. I was going to contact him but I see on his page they are unavailable at the moment

joeg92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I was about to tag the person who makes them but i see you got it from the same person lol. How much did it cost you if you dont mind me asking. I was going to contact him but I see on his page they are unavailable at the moment
They were a bit pricey, $180, but no regrets. They work really well and I love the look.

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
They were a bit pricey, $180, but no regrets. They work really well and I love the look.
I would pay that. But as long as you’re happy with it. They look amazing and I’m sure better at night
Sponsored