Sponsored

Minimize Body Roll?

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
What’s the best combination of stuff to keep the cars body as flat as possible in turns?
Sponsored

OP
OP
CAL Captain

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
Springs, struts, bracing. Steeda has a lot of good stuff.
I’ve already got the IRS and K-brace. I presume you mean stiffer springs, not lowering springs?

OP
OP
CAL Captain

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang

Sponsored

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
I’ve already got the IRS and K-brace. I presume you mean stiffer springs, not lowering springs?
How are your liking the IRS? deciding whether to install one. Does it help in cornering, or just under hard acceleration?

OP
OP
CAL Captain

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
How are your liking the IRS? deciding whether to install one. Does it help in cornering, or just under hard acceleration?
It has helped cornering. Not sure about acceleration.

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT PP1 prem., and others
Vehicle Showcase
Sway bars, get a adjustable ones. A simple rule in body roll set up,(and not the only one by far), Adjust the front to give you the flattest ride you like, then adjust the rear to give you the amount of oversteer/ understeer you like. The stiffer you make the rear the more oversteer you get, and on the flip side the softer the rear the more understeer you introduce.

OP
OP
CAL Captain

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
Sway bars, get a adjustable ones. A simple rule in body roll set up,(and not the only one by far), Adjust the front to give you the flattest ride you like, then adjust the rear to give you the amount of oversteer/ understeer you like. The stiffer you make the rear the more oversteer you get, and on the flip side the softer the rear the more understeer you introduce.
Thank you.

Sponsored

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
+1 I was just going to say, sway bars will make a bigger difference than any of the other stuff mentioned. I personally don't think the Bullitt needs it, but I don't push mine much. I put sway bars on my Legacy GT Spec B back in the day and it transformed the handling, so much flatter.

rcl4668

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang - Dark Highland Green
+1 I was just going to say, sway bars will make a bigger difference than any of the other stuff mentioned. I personally don't think the Bullitt needs it, but I don't push mine much. I put sway bars on my Legacy GT Spec B back in the day and it transformed the handling, so much flatter.
Matt --Just to piggyback on this I was thinking of installing the Ford Performance 20 mm lowering spring and sway bar kit:

https://www.cjponyparts.com/ford-pe...018-magneride-equipped-gt-2018-2019/p/M5700N/

I sent a message to CJ Pony Parts asking if the sway bars in this kit are larger diameter or are otherwise an upgrade compared to the stock front and rear sway bars that come equipped on the 2019 Bullitt. I have not yet received a response.

Do you or anyone else know how to get this information?

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Matt --Just to piggyback on this I was thinking of installing the Ford Performance 20 mm lowering spring and sway bar kit:

https://www.cjponyparts.com/ford-pe...018-magneride-equipped-gt-2018-2019/p/M5700N/

I sent a message to CJ Pony Parts asking if the sway bars in this kit are larger diameter or are otherwise an upgrade compared to the stock front and rear sway bars that come equipped on the 2019 Bullitt. I have not yet received a response.

Do you or anyone else know how to get this information?
That's weird that CJ doesn't list the size of the sway bars they're selling. I did a little digging and found this thread: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/sway-bar-size-compilation.80809/

The Bullitt gets the regular GT PP sway bars. The list linked above is giving dimensions for the 15-17 PP, I don't know if they changed the sizes for the 2018+ PP, but I doubt they did. As you can see, the Ford Performance ones (if they're the same as these older ones) are a good bit thicker. Hope this helps.

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
Try the stock front sway bar mod and see if that gives ya what you're looking for ..

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang