Sponsored

So the EU wants cars to self-regulate to the speed limit

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Next, a car that will send reports to the police everytime you go over the limit and you get a ticket for each time you went over..
I think some countries in Europe have lots of speeding cameras on the roads and they will send a ticket to the registered owner. If the camera got 'em, they are guilty. There is a lot of big brotherism in Europe.
Sponsored

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hopefully we are leaving the EU on the 29th of March....Freedom!
Unless our traitorous government delay it or keep us tied in with a crap deal!

Kirgiz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrzej
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I think some countries in Europe have lots of speeding cameras on the roads and they will send a ticket to the registered owner. If the camera got 'em, they are guilty. There is a lot of big brotherism in Europe.
Yes in Poland, but we have signs before every camera so you can adjust speed. But we do not go to jail for speeding. Maximum speeding ticket is 130 USD. We can drive 93 mph on highway. In Germany there are no limits on many highways.

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Fast forward a bit and people will find the mere thought of manually controlling a car will be considered irresponsible or even suicidal. The thought that manually driving one's car was normal will be forgotten. Sort of like how it can be when someone mentions turning off their traction control, as if there wasn't a point where TC was just a luxury :giggle:

As Elon Musk said “ You won’t care”

A bunch of grey haired old farts clutching their anachronistic V8s don’t matter. But, I have covered news events where as little as 40 people all told have gotten national news coverage. The internet does not count.

Actually I seem to recall this one dude have major impact at the highest places with just good arguments a week or so ago. One guy! Imagine that.

So if you don’t like something then get off your ass and do something - squeaky wheel gets the grease. Just ask the NRA, stuck to a philosophical argument and they still are there...

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Some more.

I have actually lived with this in commercial vehicles for maybe three to four years now. I actually was out testing early units and later checking the data. A side street at 40kph would get used to show speeding at a regular road with a 60kph limit maybe 250’ away and so on. The lateral accelerometer would show a curb hit when none occurred. Bottom line is that this cannot be used for law enforcement. A real speed limiter is there for highway top speed though. A series of beeps happen otherwise. Totally unreliable now but I’m sure they aim to improve...

Funny how something you played around with back in the day becomes a freedom of movement monster - but there you are. Oh - the systems know how hard you mash the throttle and all that. Just saying...

Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I would be really surprised if people let politicians get away with a rule like that here in America. Almost no one drives the speed limit. Even the people constantly looking at their phones instead of the road drive over the speed limit.
You will have no choice the politicians will shove it down your throat. Remember they know what's best for us dimwitted common people.

Kirgiz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrzej
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Are there highway patrol cars that stop you, or just the cameras? I'd be cool with that system if they got rid of the state troopers in the US. Local cops you can smooth things over and get a lower ticket. Staties give no shits and just deadpan write you up.
There are some patrol cars, but not many. But they give you same tickets so max is 130 USD. We have aps you can install on your mobile that give you warnings from other road users that there is patrol nearby or stationary radar :D

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
You will have no choice the politicians will shove it down your throat. Remember they know what's best for us dimwitted common people.
My point is the politicians won't vote for it because they realize they would be voted out of office. The only way they would do it is if the bribes from insurance companies would be high enough that the politician could retire after passing the law.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
My point is the politicians won't vote for it because they realize they would be voted out of office. The only way they would do it is if the bribes from insurance companies would be high enough that the politician could retire after passing the law.
Killary Clinton was promising to put millions of workers out of work but people voted for her any way. Your local politicians will shove a school levy down your throat if you vote it down. Politicians will vote the party line no matter what don't forget they think we're all dimwitted asses.

Last edited:

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
People have or short memory or aren't paying attention in the first place. Most elections are swayed purely on personal smears. Don't trust that voter retribution will stop anyone in office from doing anything.
Sponsored