Sponsored

what kind of power are you guys putting down with your forced induction 18's and 19's?

bakerjd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Torque plays a big factor as well, once you go over 750 on stock parts it's just a matter of time. You have to limit the timing to about 18 deg even on E85, how much timing was in your motor 21 deg ?
Torque absolutely played the primary role in my failure (outside of me saying "just 2 more lbs"). I'd have to confirm the log (it's with the car at the shop). I believe 20 would be the Max but that's knowing what the 10lb pull made. Could have been backed down. There was absolutely zero indication of detonation on plugs.
Sponsored

Brent Davis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black Premium Mustang GT
Is the Whipple car the one that Signature Speed put together it let go ?
The Whipple car is mine and it never let go. Just drove it last week on a revised tune and good grief is it fun.

BTW, I had a ā€˜16 twin LPF kit and it wasnā€™t near as fun as the Whipple kit BUT it was as strong top end wise but lacked on the bottom compared to the Whipple. Never hurt the twin car either.

F54A9EFA-6417-4D3C-B2FA-642D4777270C.jpeg
B576573F-4982-4964-B458-1AAED92326A5.jpeg
667F13AB-4ED2-4617-9872-93F50469791C.jpeg

gqneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP / Manual
I heard a 2018 whipple tune car in the Indy area on pull number one on the dyno let go but I wasn't there and couldn't say any more or less about it. Just what I heard.

I have an 18 whipple car making about 825 wheel with the stock pulley about 21 degrees on E85. I guess we'll see how it hangs on, hopefully it does for a long time. Torque was mid sixes at the wheel. Ive got a post somewhere on it with the dyno sheet - it made more but correction brought it down because its cold here. Runs like a beast tho - so did my last whipple car.

pro 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Good to hear the post made it sound like it failed. I had the Whipple and went turbo I've had my share of belt issues squeaking, snapping etc. Blowers in general beat up on the motor bearings, crank snouts and metal transfer on the hub of the balancer. Whipple is by far the cleanest install and very easy to work around like to re and re the transmission it doesn't get in the way. Everyone has their favourite choice of power adder, the turbo's are a much more involved install and higher maintenance but in the end they are much easier on the engine. They say once you go turbo you never look back and I fully agree with that statement, power delivery is much smoother and no belts, water pumps, or idlers to worry about. In the end it's your car and your money do what makes you happy the world is based on choices we make some good and some bad but in the end that's life.

Dark knight s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 pp1 GT
Iā€™m an 18 with a Paxton setup and baby numbers compared to most here but car is still really fun and shows no signs of slowing even in the ridiculous Miami heat. Car made 680whp and 515tq (on 93) on an 80 something degree day with 85-90 humidity

Sponsored

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Iā€™m an 18 with a Paxton setup and baby numbers compared to most here but car is still really fun and shows no signs of slowing even in the ridiculous Miami heat. Car made 680whp and 515tq (on 93) on an 80 something degree day with 85-90 humidity
Did you install oil pump gear? What pulley size?

Dark knight s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 pp1 GT
Did you install oil pump gear? What pulley size?
Stock pulley size for now but Iā€™ll probably go the torque booster route soon and I did have OPGs and CS put on as I figureded if the whole car is already apart minus well just do the extra steps and have peace of mind.

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
I heard a 2018 whipple tune car in the Indy area on pull number one on the dyno let go but I wasn't there and couldn't say any more or less about it. Just what I heard.

I have an 18 whipple car making about 825 wheel with the stock pulley about 21 degrees on E85. I guess we'll see how it hangs on, hopefully it does for a long time. Torque was mid sixes at the wheel. Ive got a post somewhere on it with the dyno sheet - it made more but correction brought it down because its cold here. Runs like a beast tho - so did my last whipple car.
Do you know on whose dyno ?
I am on the Indy area and also have an 18 10speed .
Made 830 at the wheels with a BAP/DW400-3.625 Pulley .
With E85 itā€™s on the edge so going to be runnng race gas till I do a return fuel system
Different dyno but your numbers are strong with the stock pulley (I assume 3.875) although mine is through the stock exhaust .
Do you have plans to drag race yours ?
I would be interested in comparing trap speeds.

Det_Riot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang GT, 2018 Mustang GT
We just had something let go in our stage 2 Whippled 18. Haven't gotten to tear down into it yet. Sounds like something piston related based on the sound; cracked piston, wrist pin, etc, should know more next week. We were just easing into tuning and was only at like 10 lbs of boost on e85. 3.75 pulley, stock balancer.

Sponsored

gqneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP / Manual
Do you know on whose dyno ?
I am on the Indy area and also have an 18 10speed .
Made 830 at the wheels with a BAP/DW400-3.625 Pulley .
With E85 itā€™s on the edge so going to be runnng race gas till I do a return fuel system
Different dyno but your numbers are strong with the stock pulley (I assume 3.875) although mine is through the stock exhaust .
Do you have plans to drag race yours ?
I would be interested in comparing trap speeds.
Yeah I'll probably take it to the track - wherever that is here. I'm new to the area but "run what ya' brung'" is always fun once in a while. I'm just running the wagon wheel sized pulley (3.875") for now. More torque than I can keep planted around here without r compound tires.

Gonna pull the trans over the winter and throw in a sprung hub clutch better suited to the power added on and throw some meat on the wheels. After that I'm good to go until inevitability strikes!

gqneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP / Manual
The best amount of power is whatever you can dead hook with... I bet your traction is waaaayyyy better than mine, hence faster - I'd be happy making 600 is if I could use first and second again lol!

Dark knight s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 pp1 GT
QUOTE="gqneon, post: 2424385, member: 16778"]The best amount of power is whatever you can dead hook with... I bet your traction is waaaayyyy better than mine, hence faster - I'd be happy making 600 is if I could use first and second again lol![/QUOTE]
LOL youā€™re right about that but 1st gear is absolutely useless for me being an MT82 plus pp with 3.73s and second is pretty much the same unless you roll into it. Just something about having an abundance of power that you canā€™t even use half the time that is addicting. I think we all have a problem here:devil:

gqneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP / Manual