Sponsored

2018 Digital Cluster Installation Guide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Eco Premium
That is my one concern with alot of these UCDS listings.... I am not sure which one is the right one to get and even if I would receive the item due to the countries they are coming from. Alot of the shops in my area have VCM IIs but I have not asked about UCDS. From what I know, VCM II cannot adjust mileage. I would basically be using the UCDS for mileage correction and maybe flashing the ABS module to enable Line Lock. $300 (for the "real" UCDS) is a bit steep for just those two things.

PS: I agree, I have the LEDs but just have yet to install them.
Yeah, the map light is a little bit of a pain to replace them with since i was really trying not to break anything, but by far one of the best aesthetic mods you can do inside. And idk if this is your daily driver or not, but should ask around either shops, or if you have a car cult in your area, they might have one or an idea where to get it done. Cause I agree that's far too much for a single modification.

Also, where did you get the display from? usually Tasca or other suppliers set it for you before shipping
Sponsored

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Yeah, the map light is a little bit of a pain to replace them with since i was really trying not to break anything, but by far one of the best aesthetic mods you can do inside. And idk if this is your daily driver or not, but should ask around either shops, or if you have a car cult in your area, they might have one or an idea where to get it done. Cause I agree that's far too much for a single modification.

Also, where did you get the display from? usually Tasca or other suppliers set it for you before shipping
I was actually able to purchase the Cluster from ebay out of a wrecked 18 EB. Cluster came with 15k miles on the OD. I need to change it to 30K miles. I am going to see if my local shop by chance has one but if not I am going to have to figure out another option.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Eco Premium
I was actually able to purchase the Cluster from ebay out of a wrecked 18 EB. Cluster came with 15k miles on the OD. I need to change it to 30K miles. I am going to see if my local shop by chance has one but if not I am going to have to figure out another option.
Sounds like a plan. Let us know how that goes. ^-^

And what code did you use to get the stereo to look like that? or is it in the stereo options? Mine looks really bland, and I've seen a few people that have your design on it.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Sounds like a plan. Let us know how that goes. ^-^

And what code did you use to get the stereo to look like that? or is it in the stereo options? Mine looks really bland, and I've seen a few people that have your design on it.
That is the Ford GT theme. ABD is as follows!

7D0-02-01 xxxx xDxx xx
7D0-03-01 xxxx x4x0 xx

Thestangb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ayham Kutit
Vehicle(s)
Black S550
That is my one concern with alot of these UCDS listings.... I am not sure which one is the right one to get and even if I would receive the item due to the countries they are coming from. Alot of the shops in my area have VCM IIs but I have not asked about UCDS. From what I know, VCM II cannot adjust mileage. I would basically be using the UCDS for mileage correction and maybe flashing the ABS module to enable Line Lock. $300 (for the "real" UCDS) is a bit steep for just those two things.

PS: I agree, I have the LEDs but just have yet to install them.
U also enable line lock on the V6 with UCDS :)

Sponsored

w1ldthing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alun
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT V8 (MY17)
Remove plastic backing:
-Remove two screws
-Cut plastic backplate out. Refer to pictures.

img_1458-jpg.jpg

img_0576-jpg.jpg

Add foam padding on dashboard brace to keep the instrument cluster from rattling. I also recommend adding a piece of felt or foam on the other side and top.
Just my two cents on my experience with this particular step as I was trying to be as undestructive as possible.

The bottom two legs of this piece can be separated, with a knife, from the main dash as they are only glued on. The top (chopped off in picture) is also only glued to the top shroud by four spots of glue which is easily separated with an angled pry tool. This allows the piece to be removed whole. This does however mean that the new cluster will have no bolt holes. So if you go this way, these will need to be cut off still and will need to epoxy these back in.

Just thought I'd let people know it's possible to remove with near zero risk to any surrounding hvac.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
This allows the piece to be removed whole. This does however mean that the new cluster will have no bolt holes. So if you go this way, these will need to be cut off still and will need to epoxy these back in.
I'm not understanding this. Maybe I'm the only one. Can you elaborate?

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
U also enable line lock on the V6 with UCDS :)
That is certainly another benefit of the UCDS but still does not quite justify the $300 price tag to me unfortunately. If I had more uses for the UCDS then it would be worth it but I am not really looking to flash any other modules at this time (or that I know would enable new features)

Sponsored

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Any chance an official VCM II and IDS can program the mileage? A quick google search is saying no from a-lot of people but the most recent IDS user manual shows an odometer write function? My local shop has a VCM II with IDS license.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Eco Premium
Any chance an official VCM II and IDS can program the mileage? A quick google search is saying no from a-lot of people but the most recent IDS user manual shows an odometer write function? My local shop has a VCM II with IDS license.
I'd lean towards no based on the specifications of most of them, and the stated functionality on the websites of the manufacturer, but wouldn't hurt to stop by and ask them if they're able to reprogram the mileage and linelock for you. Might differ with specific models, but i doubt it myself. hopefully i'm wrong so you can get all set up ^-^

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Eco Premium
Just ordered most of the parts, only thing left is the cluster itself, but gonna put that off a couple weeks and install this as an anniversary for owning my pony. Really excited to get this installed finally after planning for a couple months.

Thestangb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ayham Kutit
Vehicle(s)
Black S550
Yes, you can use IDS - I've done it before on 15-17 clusters

w1ldthing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alun
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT V8 (MY17)

I'm not understanding this. Maybe I'm the only one. Can you elaborate?
Top of trim piece where you can see 4 spots of glue that held it to the underneath of the cluster shroud.

Excuse the child drawing but in profile this is what I was trying to say. Insert a pry tool at the top of the piece. This will free the top.
For the bottom, take a knife in a right to left or left to right direction to separate the piece.
Sponsored