No remote start on manual 2019?

gothampony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Performance Package 1
Dealer told me I can't remote start the car either through phone or keyfob due to it being a stickshift. I guess that's true eh? Bummer.
Sponsored

fiveoboy01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT 400A
The manual cars have never had it.

Mustanggt5.02011

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GTCS
Dealer told me I can't remote start the car either through phone or keyfob due to it being a stickshift. I guess that's true eh? Bummer.
Sucks the manuals don't let you remote start but its a safety thing. You can get an aftermarket alarm that allows you to remote start.

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Sucks the manuals don't let you remote start but its a safety thing. You can get an aftermarket alarm that allows you to remote start.

Apparently the new base model’s don’t get it either...

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
"Honey!!! Can you start the car to warm it up please!!"

"Yep!!"

camarillo-car-into-pool.jpg

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
I knew a stereo installer who put a remote start on his 94 Z28 manual shift. Left it in gear forgetting and when he went to start it it drove through the brick wall at the stereo shop where he worked at. Wish I had pics. Lots of hoops to jump through to make sure the car can't start in gear. Then too many conditions need to be met so it can be remotely started if you do have one installed.........PROPERLY

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
My 2013 manual BMW allowed remote start. As long as the parking brake was pulled tight and the shifter was in neutral, it would start. I really don't see a problem with it, or why Ford won't do this.

Sponsored

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
My 2013 manual BMW allowed remote start. As long as the parking brake was pulled tight and the shifter was in neutral, it would start. I really don't see a problem with it, or why Ford won't do this.
BMW's don't come with remote start from the factory.

MSMStannyl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium - Triple Yellow
Yes, I can't fathom any manufacturer would accept the liability of providing a factory remote start for a manual car.

That said, as some others stated, I believe there are some aftermarket remote starts that are specifically designed for manual cars and include the necessary safeguards to make sure your car doesn't accidentally end up running through a brick wall, or into a pool. I've never personally had one but a good friend that used to work in the car stereo industry explained it to me and if I recall, it works something like this:

- You would get to your destination and park your car but leave it running.
- Ensure that the car is in neutral and pull the parking brake.
- With the car still running, you would open the door and get out.
- As soon as you shut the door, the car would automatically shut-off and lock the doors.

At this point, it's ready to be remotely started because it "knows" that the car is safely in neutral since you wouldn't have been able to get out and close the door with it running while it was in gear. I believe that, if for some reason you had to open the door without starting the car (forgot your cell phone or sunglasses or whatever) it would cancel the remote start capability to avoid the possibility of the transmission being put into gear.

I should mention that this was all explained to me years ago, before keyless engine start was a thing so I'm not exactly sure how things might be different nowadays.