Olivas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ernest
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT w/PP
Right positive is bad.

But in theory there would be more timing being added after adjusting to the negative knock value especially if as low as -4.
What kind of timing do you see yourself?

OP
OP
AZ18yote

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
What kind of timing do you see yourself?
I'll have to pull some new logs when I dyno next week. My most recent was while logging the new steeda closed lid cai on 91 Oct so those would not be relevant.

OP
OP
AZ18yote

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Damn forgot to log on the dyno this morning. Will have to on my next on ramp or something lol. With the stock intake back on and a drop in she put down 471/423. Feel like if the steeda would have worked with the ff tune I would have been pushing closer to that magic 500 NA number ah well. Still a ways off from going fi so still have time to hit it.

Olivas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ernest
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT w/PP
Damn forgot to log on the dyno this morning. Will have to on my next on ramp or something lol. With the stock intake back on and a drop in she put down 471/423. Feel like if the steeda would have worked with the ff tune I would have been pushing closer to that magic 500 NA number ah well. Still a ways off from going fi so still have time to hit it.
471 still pretty nice number :thumbsup:

Sponsored

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
This was a good read for a local Az guy thinking about going ff. I've noticed big performance differences from different gas stations. My last car (2016 Hyundai elantra gt) was noticeably quicker on 87 from Chevron than any other station. Now that I'm running 91 only in the mustang I've noticed the shell by my house must have better 91 than the Chevron because the butt dyno definitely feels the difference. I'm in the process of choosing an intake with tune now. I'm leaning towards a jlt intake with a lund tune on a sct bdx tuner. Anyone have any experience or opinions on this set up?

OP
OP
AZ18yote

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
This was a good read for a local Az guy thinking about going ff. I've noticed big performance differences from different gas stations. My last car (2016 Hyundai elantra gt) was noticeably quicker on 87 from Chevron than any other station. Now that I'm running 91 only in the mustang I've noticed the shell by my house must have better 91 than the Chevron because the butt dyno definitely feels the difference. I'm in the process of choosing an intake with tune now. I'm leaning towards a jlt intake with a lund tune on a sct bdx tuner. Anyone have any experience or opinions on this set up?
Going open element intake in our area though your IATs will be crazy high, well at least most of the year that is, pulling timing and decreasing performance. Just something to keep in mind when considering options. That was my whole reason for trying the Steeda closed box route.

Lund typically goes the nguage route.

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
That's something I'll have to think about with the iat's... the package I was looking at is thru lethal performance and says it comes with Lund ff tune on the sct bdx.

OP
OP
AZ18yote

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
That's something I'll have to think about with the iat's... the package I was looking at is thru lethal performance and says it comes with Lund ff tune on the sct bdx.
Cool I like the BDX personally. That's what I am currently using. But from I have seen the nguage does load tunes quicker but if not constantly changing tunes that shouldn't be an issue. Plus I have no interest in mounting an nguage in an ac vent pod like some!
Fyi No Fly Zone is coming March 30, get your mods in before that and head out there for some fun! :rockon:

Olivas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ernest
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT w/PP
I've got the JLT myself. I really like it, no complaints. But I also made myself a lid for it in an attempt to keep the IAT down a little bit. I went with AED for the tune, but hear lots of good stuff about Lund though.

Sponsored

Chris Barnes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
Cool I like the BDX personally. That's what I am currently using. But from I have seen the nguage does load tunes quicker but if not constantly changing tunes that shouldn't be an issue. Plus I have no interest in mounting an nguage in an ac vent pod like some!
Fyi No Fly Zone is coming March 30, get your mods in before that and head out there for some fun! :rockon:
I'm planning on attending the No Fly Zone as well!

OP
OP
AZ18yote

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
I'm planning on attending the No Fly Zone as well!
Sweet! We'll have to link up for sure. Been wanting to see your Stg 2 PC + alky setup.

Will likely be going stg 2 d1x later in the year myself if all things go accordingly.

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Any of you guys have any experience with the ethanol gas out west? My flex fuel tune just arrived today. Closest gas stations with E are the Valero in surprise, waddell and dysart, and the Chevron on 91st and olive. Wondering which one I should try first?

OP
OP
AZ18yote

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Any of you guys have any experience with the ethanol gas out west? My flex fuel tune just arrived today. Closest gas stations with E are the Valero in surprise, waddell and dysart, and the Chevron on 91st and olive. Wondering which one I should try first?
I have not yet. But the waddell n dysart one is close to my parents so would be great to know if I can fill up out there when I visit them :)

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
I'll keep you posted after I try them out. Has anyone used ethanol test kits? It appears I can make one easy enough. They dont look like anything more than a test tube with some lines on them. Lund sent me an e54R tune as well as the flex fuel tune but I have to confirm the ethanol content is right before I switch to the R tune and data log it for them to check.
Sponsored