AZ18yote

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Hmmm, I don't know about the kam reset. I would think no because the computer will just relearn the fuel but maybe something to ask shaun.
Will send to Shaun for confirmation but I believe the ff location test was a success. On my last wot data log I was showing positive knock through 6500 meaning timing was being pulled. Today's log after driving around town and filling another full tank from Chevron 48th st and Broadway was showing negative knock through 6k so timing being added under load. Would have pushed more but conditions did not allow. I showed a slight bit of positive knock in the low 2k but quickly switched to negative for the remainder of the pull. Hopefully Shaun signs off on these findings. Moral of the story. Avoid ff from Texaco at 7th st and Indian School at least for now. That Chevron is a bit out of the way currently but moving in a couple months and will be super convenient at that time so either short term inconvenience or maybe switch back to 91 for a bit.

I also want to pick up one of those bluetooth obd2 adapters so can check eth content. Too bad the SCT BDX does not seem to have feature seems the nguage does.

AFR still not as low as I would expect but I still think it's in better shape than before.
Sponsored

Last edited:

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
North Scottsdale, Scottsdale Rd just north of Deer Valley, Chevron there has E85. Driven by to confirm already once myself. Only place that would be on my home / work commute for me.
Last time I went looking for E85 the pumps there were at a boutique car wash/detailing place that wanted way more per gallon than for gasoline which was also more than anywhere else by a good amount. I hope they have either changed their ways or you are talking about a new place that opened up near the place I'm talking about.

OP
OP
AZ18yote

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Last time I went looking for E85 the pumps there were at a boutique car wash/detailing place that wanted way more per gallon than for gasoline which was also more than anywhere else by a good amount. I hope they have either changed their ways or you are talking about a new place that opened up near the place I'm talking about.
I stopped by here last week. Was 2.79 but they were all out lol. The Chevron I mentioned above was 2.69. Hoping to find another in Scottsdale too with a good blend since that's where my office is.

OP
OP
AZ18yote

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
And now that the fuel scenario is hopefully ironed out... now we are facing some false knock at part throttle. Going to have the shop that did the LTH install and subsequent exhaust reinstall check it out for any exhaust rattle...

Olivas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ernest
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT w/PP
Ugh, still so torn on headers, I want long tubes for the power increase, but don't wanna deal with these issues.... Probably get an MGW first still.

Sponsored

OP
OP
AZ18yote

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Ugh, still so torn on headers, I want long tubes for the power increase, but don't wanna deal with these issues.... Probably get an MGW first still.
Did another log, no false knock his time but timing was lower based on knock strategy. Getting it dynod, logged and inspected by the shop tomorrow afternoon.
Hoping just something needs to get tightened down or other simple adjustment.

OP
OP
AZ18yote

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Did another log, no false knock his time but timing was lower based on knock strategy. Getting it dynod, logged and inspected by the shop tomorrow afternoon.
Hoping just something needs to get tightened down or other simple adjustment.
Shaun signed off on the logs. Said as ECU learns no knock should add more timing / power. Garage registered 112 degrees but still managed to put down 460 / 414. Surprised torque was as low as it was but it's a step in the right direction.

OP
OP
AZ18yote

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
These last few mornings in the 80s have really woken her up. I feel like she has alot left in her. Can't wait for summer to be over so our cars will come alive with cool temps and no humidity. DAs at Wild Horse Pass should be amazing in a couple of months :rockon::muscle::turkey:

OP
OP
AZ18yote

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Lowest IATs in months! Feels like its almost time....
Resized_20180829_065452_1296.jpeg

Frenchy480

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt pp shadow black
Yep, can't wait, been a long summer. Getting some cat deletes tomorrow, hopefully have them installed next week. Can't wait for that too! My exhaust system is already on the quiet side, so hopefully won't be terribly loud.

Sponsored
OP
OP
AZ18yote

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Yep, can't wait, been a long summer. Getting some cat deletes tomorrow, hopefully have them installed next week. Can't wait for that too! My exhaust system is already on the quiet side, so hopefully won't be terribly loud.
Nice! Volume will definitely increase but if its already pretty quiet maybe not too much. Grab a clip when it's done!
What's the target temps for the track? Maybe when IATs for Friday night drags at WHP are 75-80? :rockon:

Frenchy480

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Definitely post a sound clip. Not sure about the temps for whp. I just looked at their website, looks like they have drag night sept 7th, hopefully by then. I still might go and check it out.

OP
OP
AZ18yote

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Definitely post a sound clip. Not sure about the temps for whp. I just looked at their website, looks like they have drag night sept 7th, hopefully by then. I still might go and check it out.
Ha that's still early will be crazy hot. And my moms bday so I know I wont make that one but hopefully by the next Friday night drag will be cool enough to start going out there regularly. Or at least every other one.

Frenchy480

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ha that's still early will be crazy hot. And my moms bday so I know I wont make that one but hopefully by the next Friday night drag will be cool enough to start going out there regularly. Or at least every other one.
True, definitely still hot. If I have nothing else better to do, then maybe I'll go.

OP
OP
AZ18yote

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
True, definitely still hot. If I have nothing else better to do, then maybe I'll go.
Looks like Steeda is claiming their new CAI to have IATs 2 to 3 degrees above ambient. If that's true that's even better than I get with the stock air box. May be worth giving a shot to combat the heat, even if at least for now it's not offered with a dry filter.
Sponsored