Sponsored

Personal Videos Thread

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Here's an oops from my brother-in-law @ 1:00. This was his first ever track day and I let him share sessions in my car. Funny thing is I was relaxing in my chair conversing with a buddy and behind me over my left shoulder on track he was looping my car and I didn't even notice. Quick acting from the instructor kept it from nosing into the inside tire barrier. My bro-in law told me before he knew what was going on the instructor grabbed the wheel from his hand, counter steered and pulled the e-brake to get it to rotate away from the wall!

Track was NJMP Lightning
Sponsored

JT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Wow, running 1:23 on Lightning a first day at the track is pushing hard IMHO.

I went two wheels off in the same exact spot in my GT500 on my first ever track day.

My instructor grabbed the wheel while I was two off to prevent me from cutting back on track, we went straight awhile until speed was down and I pulled back on the track.

At least he has his fun on video, lol.

Kudos to you for putting up a video that shows how easy and quick potential disaster can strike.

Reactions: TDC

DocWalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Quick hands getting the wheel straight when the two went off. I had the exact same incident when entering the straightaway at NYST; carried to much speed through the left hander . Inspection showed all was ok.
NYST is the easiest track to "fall off" that I've driven. Sounds like you went off in a pretty safe place too!

Doc what brakes are you running?
Raybestos ST43. They're pretty darn good, no idea how you'd overheat them and the wear is phenomenal. They're noisy and supposedly the dust is corrosive, I just clean the wheels after every day.

Austinj427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Lol well fuck.

Wife bought me a set for my birthday.

Guess those will be track only.

Sponsored

rick81721

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB H6153
Close encounter with Godzilla on the pennsy turnpike today. After this clip, he drove beside me, we exchanged thumbs up, then he dropped the hammer. Was not going to follow well over 100

shiraz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shiraz
Vehicle(s)
'16 ORANGE GT350 Track Pack and a '11 Subaru STI
Vehicle Showcase
just put this together over the weekend, starting to slowly get the hang of editing, need to keep practicing.... and its just so dang hard to talk while actually driving for me lol

Sponsored

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Nice run! Adding WG to next season. Did you run the SC2s? How did they do?

Thanks.
I did run the SC2 they did great. I got 4 track days out of them though. I might of gotten five but there was some rain so I replaced them.

Gstone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lead Foot Gray
I was just at WG Sept 22 and 23 as a novice. Loved the car on the track. Glad to see I'm not the only one bouncing it off the rev-limiter.
I have Hankook RS4 and P51 wheels.

Austinj427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I was just at WG Sept 22 and 23 as a novice. Loved the car on the track. Glad to see I'm not the only one bouncing it off the rev-limiter.
I have Hankook RS4 and P51 wheels.
I'm going to run these as soon as I can find a half decent deal on them lol.

Arpa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic Black Stripes
I did run the SC2 they did great. I got 4 track days out of them though. I might of gotten five but there was some rain so I replaced them.
4 track days on SC2s seems to be the norm. My front driver side SC2 was almost gone after 3 days at Lighting.

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Nice run! Adding WG to next season. Did you run the SC2s? How did they do?

Thanks.
Might try out the Goodyear Supercar 3 tire's for the next set. Cost seems cheap and the treadwear rating looks pretty aggressive. Disappointed Bridgestone discontinued the RE11 as that tire lasted about 14 track days.

May I suggest for next year a bunch of us get together and run with Chin at WG. I know, I'm a degenerate track rat planning 2019 events already :)
They offer so much track time (2.5-3 hours/day) and for the time and $$$ to get up there and run that track it would make a lot of sense. Only downside is you'll need to have a check out ride since if you never run at that track before they typically require an instructor.
Sponsored