Sponsored

Personal Videos Thread

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Thanks Aris! Bummer about the headers. I was really looking forward to hearing them.
Next event is Thunderbolt with NASA June 9-10. Would be great to see you and Peter there. Looks like fellow 6G member Jamesinlittlesilver will be there with his Ecoboost as well as a buddy of mine with an S2K.
Sponsored

Arpa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic Black Stripes
[MENTION=24742]firestarter2[/MENTION] 1:14:6 WOW! Congrats on the time. I only tried Lighting once, fun track. Trying to figure out my next outing to NJMP (hopefully Lighting), probably late June. Are you running PSC2s?

I will be installing PSC2s before the next track day, but what I hear from @petestang and [MENTION=30820]DocWalt[/MENTION], they wont last more than few (very few) track days :(

[MENTION=30820]DocWalt[/MENTION], NYST looks fun. I looked at it some time ago, but most of the track days seem to be for motorcycles. Interested to go on day...

Trying to find the best alternative on tires based on performance and durability as well. Buying PSC2 every few track days is painful.

DocWalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I'll likely be doing Hankook R-S4s for my next set of track tires. I can't afford to do new PSC2s especially since the price keeps going up...

That said, the PSC2s will likely hold up ok at most any track. I didn't have excessive wear after my track days at VIR, it was only NYST that put such a hurting on the tires. It's a VERY grippy surface because sliding motorcycles are really unpleasant to ride :) On top of the grippy surface it's got a lot of very long medium speed corners that just grind away at the tire.

Sponsored

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
[MENTION=24742]firestarter2[/MENTION] 1:14:6 WOW! Congrats on the time. I only tried Lighting once, fun track. Trying to figure out my next outing to NJMP (hopefully Lighting), probably late June. Are you running PSC2s?

I will be installing PSC2s before the next track day, but what I hear from @petestang and [MENTION=30820]DocWalt[/MENTION], they wont last more than few (very few) track days :(

[MENTION=30820]DocWalt[/MENTION], NYST looks fun. I looked at it some time ago, but most of the track days seem to be for motorcycles. Interested to go on day...

Trying to find the best alternative on tires based on performance and durability as well. Buying PSC2 every few track days is painful.
Thanks I have the PSC2 we will see how long they last I am hoping for at least 4 weeks out of them though.

r1racer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I find myself watching more you tube videos than actual driving for some strange reason...great thread.

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

AZP Installs runs a few all car events at NYST. I am signing for the Sept. day. Laid back organization and it's a 1-day event.

1:34 is flying at that track! Bravo.

THX 138

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack, 2002 Porsche Boxster S 3.8L
This is my first weekend on Hoosier R7’s. I really like them... So far, I’ve improved my personal best on this track by 2 full seconds over the OEM Michelin Pilot Super Sports. I chose a set of 30-series Hoosiers in order to effectively shorten the gearing and keep me in the powerband for more of the track. The 2018 Porsche Cayman GTS that I gave a point by at the end of the video is a Porsche factory test driver, by the way. The only other car that got around me was a 911 GT3RS being driven by an instructor. :)

[ame]

DocWalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Some of the 'murica action from A Street this weekend at Pocono. I finished up second in AS behind Simmons thanks to a lot of cone trouble for other drivers on Saturday. Heck, I wasn't a very clean driver either this weekend, here's my dirty Saturday & Sunday runs.

[ame]
[ame]

On an unrelated note, I ordered RS4s for daily/track use. I need more wheels, haha. My RE-71Rs are about dead too, I had a codriver this weekend and we beat them up, Pocono is SUPER grippy and we pushed them hard!

Sponsored

Arpa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic Black Stripes
NJMP Lighting over the week. 1.9m length with 10 turns. 98* HOT weather. Hard managing the SC2s but overall a great time and exchanging spots with fellow GT350 member @petstang. DSUNO pads are holding great. Need new tires thought :(

chedder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2017 Raptor SC, 2016 custom crew cab
I'll see if this works. PacificRaceway and all cars on track are instrucors. My buddy Doug installed the Camera mount but it still shakes.

MICHELIN Cup 2's 305/325 x 19's the only mod
Hope everyone enjoys the music!

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Three days at the track this past week. (2) at Watkins Glen and (1) at NYST.

Watkins video

NYST video

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Three days at the track this past week. (2) at Watkins Glen and (1) at NYST.

Watkins video

NYST video
Awesome can I get your VBO file for your best few laps:)
I am going to do the Glenn with NASA this years been horrible for me with the track.