Cracked Windshield

Cueball

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kia Optima EX, 2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I have no-deductible glass coverage. Thankfully I don't use it much.
Sponsored

'stangerza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP RR
Mine cracked on day 2, something hit the windscreen in the black area, didn't see the chip, as I went past 180km/h crack shot across the windscreen. Fortunately insurance covered the replacement

OP
OP
Jq42

Jq42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Mustang
Just got mine replaced and they did an absolute HORRIBLE job! The rubber or glue is coming out from the side and the MF who installed it scratched my car! I am waiting for a phone call from the shop Manager tomorrow.

M151A2

Skinny old dude
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Emmett
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Got in my car day before yesterday and could not miss the horizontal crack mid way starting on the driver side to the middle. right in my line of site.
I sure don't recall a stone hitting the WS on the way to work. It has been in the mid 80's here and the car was closed up all day.
Windshield will be replaced today. In FLA so no deductible.
I will annoy the guy by watching him replace it.

Boss Bandit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT (Lightning Blue), 1998 Camaro SS
Had to replace my windshield one month after taking delivery. Started as a quarter-sized chip on the upper passenger side. Scheduled a chip repair with Safelite, but before they could get to it the chip turned into a massive crack. Had the windshield replaced with OEM glass.

Two months after that, I get another chip in the lower portion of the glass, driver's side. That one was fixed with no issue.

My glass is covered in dozens of tiny little chips. I avoid the highway as much as possible now, which sucks because I have a 50 mile round trip commute every day. Meanwhile, my parents' 2000 Chevy Blazer, which has been on several road trips down south, barely shows any wear. My 98 Camaro's windshield was replaced over 10 years ago due to vandalism and also barely shows any damage.

If there's two things I can complain about on my Mustang, its the awful, thin factory paint, and the very weak, thin glass. Someone on here mentioned that the 2018s switched glass suppliers, so I'd be interested in seeing if those are any better for when my windshield inevitably cracks again.

Otherwise, my Mustang is the best car I've ever owned. But those are two pretty major issues to have for a brand new car.

Sponsored

KevinG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP 6SPD Recaros w/black roof
Had a rock thrown from a Toyota SUV make an immediate 3" crack in my windshield. Eventually spread across like wildfire. Safelite replaced with aftermarket for $330. Didn't feel like paying an extra $100+ for a Ford emblem below the rear view mirror area...

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Oh man. You can see the impact below the Ford logo. Let us know how the repair goes. Hopefully no paint chips and scratches, or anything else inside the car. I'm really debating if I should add the glass coverage to the Bullitt for $50 every 6 months. The good thing is it covers any glass at $0 deductible. Have a couple of weeks to think about it :).

W.O.T. Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1 401A
Keep in mind that if you have the safe & smart package (lane departure / rain sensing wipers) it requires a specific windshield that is much more expensive than the ordinary glass. Also the front camera will need to be aligned properly and calibrated. Make sure this is done - as that is part of the added cost.

coz0502

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I'm on my 3rd windshield which has a crack in it too. Replaced the factory one, not even a week later rock hits it and cracks the new one. Replaced that one too and about a month later get another crack. I haven't had the greatest luck. I'm still driving with it cracked, it's almost been a year and it hasn't grown. I'll probably keep it until is spider webs. In Florida so no deducible, just don't want to push it with my insurance replacing 3x in one year.

Sponsored

mindo389

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 5.0 50th AY Appearance Pkg.
Vehicle Showcase
A few Saturdays back, I was driving in the center lane on the interstate. Ahead of me was a pickup truck with off-road tires pulled out from the shoulder and a rock from its tire hit my windshield hard. Fortunately, it made a quarter-sized half moon crack that didn't grow. Safelite charged about $135 to fix it 2 days later.

JWMGR8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JW
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
We moved from north side to south side Houston and in two years have had two windshields replaced
30 years on north side and one replaced........
safelit webster did great job on both windshields
but I do think TxDOT COULD do better job of controlling construction mess
I45 on south side is in its 10th consecutive year of being under construction and it looks like we have 5 more years to go
Sponsored