Sponsored

2019 GT350/R offering

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
Ford has been so damn sloppy with this GT500 release. Its already way behind schedule. You can buy its direct competitor right now and could have bought it the last year or so for under MSRP. Now it looks like the GT350 is going to get watered down even more as a result of all the delays. I feel bad for people who paid all these crazy mark ups thinking the GT350 was going to be a limited 2 year run. Ford shouldve given it the 2018 fresh atleast.
The GT350 was never officially intended to be a two year run. All the talk about it being two years was nothing but dealer and Internet rumors trying to drive demand. I don't feel bad for anyone paying ADM since it's their money to burn.
Sponsored

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
GM did the same thing when the Camaro made its come back. Kept releasing tidbits of what it would look like and performance and saying would be out in next year. And kept delaying it.

Bladex10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra
The GT350 was never officially intended to be a two year run. All the talk about it being two years was nothing but dealer and Internet rumors trying to drive demand. I don't feel bad for anyone paying ADM since it's their money to burn.
Then why wasnt the GT350 upgraded along with the the rest of the line up? Its clear as day Ford had no intentions on continuing the GT350 beyond the 2017 MY. It wouldve been kind of nice having the digital dash in top of the line $60k Mustang but instead the run of the mill GT gets that option and the GT350 is an afterthought.

btown93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Knight Industries 2000
Then why wasnt the GT350 upgraded along with the the rest of the line up? Its clear as day Ford had no intentions on continuing the GT350 beyond the 2017 MY. It wouldve been kind of nice having the digital dash in top of the line $60k Mustang but instead the run of the mill GT gets that option and the GT350 is an afterthought.
I can't totally agree on that. Raptor is continuing, and didn't get the changes of 2018 F150. It could simply be that they intend to keep the "look" of those vehicles unique to them. If you think about it, 15-17 GT350 shares really only the headlamps and taillamps with the GT of the same era, so its not a "refresh" or "facelift" in the normal sense....usually a facelift is front and rear covers, grilles and maybe hood. These items are already changed :ford:

Bladex10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra
I can't totally agree on that. Raptor is continuing, and didn't get the changes of 2018 F150. It could simply be that they intend to keep the "look" of those vehicles unique to them. If you think about it, 15-17 GT350 shares really only the headlamps and taillamps with the GT of the same era, so its not a "refresh" or "facelift" in the normal sense....usually a facelift is front and rear covers, grilles and maybe hood. These items are already changed :ford:
Still wouldve been nice to have that digital dash feature. The GT350 is still the top of the line Mustang as of now and its stupid that it isnt an option or even standard.

Sponsored

btown93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Knight Industries 2000
Still wouldve been nice to have that digital dash feature. The GT350 is still the top of the line Mustang as of now and its stupid that it isnt an option or even standard.
My guess from looking in the Ford Parts catalog that the instrument panel has some unique features on GT350 to deal with NVH of the engine, and it would have been an expensive undertaking to try and incorporate the digital dash into and already unique component.

A_Bau3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Would love to see the 19 GT350’s with 18 headlights/taillights along with a bump in horsepower. Like maybe a 100mm throttle body and see if they can squeeze more out of the heads!

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Yes Sir, point being, it would have been nice to see a GT500 in MY 18 or 19 max, but 2020 YIKES! The competition won’t be sitting still, you can bet all will be upgraded across the board.
Can you say "refundable deposit"?

I think it will be more than what has been leaked. It was agreed upon that if it isn't what was expected, then they would happily refund the deposit.

You are correct, at time marches on, the competition doesn't sit still.

Maybe sell one of the R's for a mid engine Vette and get the 500 anyway? Lets see what it is upon official release.

swish77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2018 LB GT350 C-package White Stripes
Really? I can’t stand that new digital dash on the 2018 Mustangs. (I test drove a new GT with PP. ) Call me old-fashioned or old-school, but I love the GT350 dash just the way it is. In fact, I probably wouldn’t have bought my ‘18 GT350 if Ford had made the dash all digital like the Mustangs.

As for the OP, how reliable is the information? All these posts are assuming it’s correct. Maybe it’s not.

OP
OP
machsmith

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Tom, I have a good feeling it will be more than we think. it's just a long long time away. I be 49 before I'd see a car and I'm 46 now. too long and too much can happen between now and then.
I'm gonna swing from a branch and let it all play out. See what comes out that wins me over between now and then.

Yes, swish77, there will be a 2019 350/R, just not sure how long the 18s are going to run, that's what we are waiting to hear. He said he started back up on the GT350R production on Monday and said that before winter hiatus the schedule was for 900 R models for '18. He was going to confirm next week if those numbers are still true.
I remember hearing early 2018 MY it would be a short year but maybe something changed. maybe '19 MY will be short now. GT500 must have been delayed.

Sponsored

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
Would love to see the 19 GT350’s with 18 headlights/taillights along with a bump in horsepower. Like maybe a 100mm throttle body and see if they can squeeze more out of the heads!
I would welcome more HP any day, but the 18 headlights...nope nope nope

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
So if this is true, then for 2 years straight Ford Performance has disclosed lower numbers at the beginning of their yearly production only to pump the numbers up later in the year. So last year, when the memo was leaked that there would be "40%" of the 2017 R #'s it was total B.S again?

Of course, stating lower numbers instead of higher numbers seems to only benefit the dealers because when these "secret" memo's are leaked, it causes people to pay more because they are led to believe the production numbers will be low and chances to buy slimmer.

Seems like a dishonest sham game to me. I had a dealer show me this memo stating "40% of production for 2018 R's compared to 2017 R's" and it was a hard point for the dealer who set it's ADM accordingly, and given this memo, I locked in at a price because of it.

jpindustrie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford Mustang
sigh ... figures that when i’m finally blessed enough to enter the speciality mustang game i get the car on par with the 500’s that were languishing on the lots 8 yrs after their debut. should’ve just bit the bullet and got that boss 302 back in 2011 and be done with it.

talk about sloppy ... porsche already has left them all with a 991.2 new gt3 rs, mid engine vette on the horizon and the ‘new’ gt500 looks to be just another demon hp chaser...

all because a bunch of old blue stock holders are ‘worried’ about ford’s electrification and self driving plans ... who cares ? the p car guys lining up for the new rs don’t seem to care...

jpindustrie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford Mustang
its a stop gap ... they had a plan and it looked like a 2 yr run for sure ... now they’re all scrambling... they’re clearly not sure what the 2010+ performance renaissance is going to look like in the face of Tesla Space rockets and battery frying ludicrous modes that only give you 1 0-60 runs every 2 weeks... smh

you can tell the new CEO hates these cars (at least pretends to for now so the board lets him keep his job), coupled that with a organization so massive any change in direction is tough enough and you have 350s going beyond their intended run with less content and options aka losing competitiveness. There was definitely supposed to be something to ‘jump to’ from $50k 2018 Mustang GTs...

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
I don't know where people get the idea Ford was only going to produce the GT350 for just two years. When the GT350 was first introduced a high level Ford rep said Ford would produce enough to meet demand. Nothing ever said about a two year fun.
Sponsored