Sponsored

Got an Ecoboost and a Cobb AP? Then you have a free lifetime Dyno!

OP
OP
Glenn G

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
Based on what @Glenn G described in his post and assuming that better flow at the same psi (in my case a better, free flowing intercooler) results in less torque being reported by the ECU, I wonder if in reality my real hp and Tq are even higher.

@Glenn G are you there?
Hey Mak, that would have been with the stock calculations, when you are heavily tuned, the tuner has to re write the flow chart, without the extensive measuring equipment the Ford used to calculate flow. The tuner must then set the torque demand to whatever he needs to, to get the desired performance.

If you could push the same density of air in the same amount of time through the stock intake and exhaust without increasing boost (it is impossible) that would be the power you would be making.
I'd estimate the actual numbers to be 10-15% lower.
Sponsored

Last edited:

TimHixson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang EB Premium Auto
What gas type 93 or 92 or 87 we have different gas types on AP..

Just wondering..:headbang:
I have always run 93 in it. I will also put the stock air filter back in it.
It probably also makes sense to datalog the runs in case the data is needed to compare.

I'm about to get on a boat for 10 days so I will do this right when I get back weather permitting.

Tim

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I run 99 uk fuel.

Jonahbonah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost
Just played around with it a little. Couldn't get too good of a run in, only till about 5500 in 3rd gear. I'll try again when I find a more clear road, but about 355hp, 381 torque, 22.8 psi, ~80 charge temps. Mods are Borla catless dp, borla y pipe, roush axleback, MAP street intercooler, tune+ 91 octane

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
Guys, so far, at least the differences in hp that that we see, seem realistic and justified by the mods (my mods on my signature).

[MENTION=20131]Manders Mustang[/MENTION]: ~400hp
[MENTION=27749]MakStang[/MENTION]: ~380hp (based on the latest run, see picture below)
[MENTION=28932]Jonahbonah[/MENTION]: ~355hp (need to do a more complete run)

At least the difference in hp between [MENTION=20131]Manders Mustang[/MENTION]’s car and mine seem to be real, based on the mods.

So [MENTION=29708]TimHixson[/MENTION] your input when you get back from your trip will be useful to help us verify if what we read on the AP is to some extend close to reality and to get a baseline. It would be nice to see the Estimated hp of other people as well, so feel free to contribute, it’s a fun little project.

My latest reading on the Accessport below:
D19D18B8-A3BF-4A3D-9AB6-6AB91D6FE777.jpeg

Sponsored

FraG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 EcoBoost
[MENTION=27749]MakStang[/MENTION]- looks like there may be some power left with pretty high timing increase... my 93 profile never goes past 2

Nice figures, mine is about there. I have a 93/91/Stock/Eco tune by Tune+, 90% time I run in 91 Octane as I dont trust the fuel here after getting a few larger neg corrections on 93 which i buy from same servo every time but never get them on the 91.. Peak boost 93 is 25 - 25.5 while 91 seems to top out at 24. Starting Aussie summer here as well.

Just got to bolt on my DV+ in next week or two and I'll be one happy camper. Ran a few V8 fords and holdens (GM) here and I seem to give as good as I get which is all I wanted. Might get a go on the 1/4 mile near xmas so will hopefully see if I can get near the 12's which is ultimately my aim with just a bolt on eco :)

Last edited:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
@MakStang - looks like there may be some power left with pretty high timing increase... my 93 profile never goes past 2

Nice figures, mine is about there. I have a 93/91/Stock/Eco tune by Tune+, 90% time I run in 91 Octane as I dont trust the fuel here after getting a few larger neg corrections on 93 which i buy from same servo every time but never get them on the 91.. Peak boost 93 is 25 - 25.5 while 91 seems to top out at 24. Starting Aussie summer here as well.

Just got to bolt on my DV+ in next week or two and I'll be one happy camper. Ran a few V8 fords and holdens (GM) here and I seem to give as good as I get which is all I wanted. Might get a go on the 1/4 mile near xmas so will hopefully see if I can get near the 12's which is ultimately my aim with just a bolt on eco :)
Timing is a bit of a pig regarding to weathers and ambient temperatures etc. So not sure if it could be.

We had a cobb s0 (no mods) run a 281 [MENTION=8914]Big_G[/MENTION]) doing a wot in 3rd to redline, didn;t' get to run through 4th though. my 400 I'm looking to break when I can get car warm and ready to run, think if I get a perfect run I can hit 410.

Ideally we need a list of mods, and how much BHP they're running. (on the cobb)

i'll try and compile the same list on the same dyno and work out the differences.

Ideally I'd expect to see the following:

Maha 2 dyno -
c360bhp (full mods) - Proven with mine
c240bhp (no mods) - Due to the cobb being +120bhp

Cobb Ap
c400bhp (full mods) - proven with mine
c280bhp (no mods) - proven with [MENTION=8914]Big_G[/MENTION]

If the Maha logs a stock at 240, then it's safe to say we're "aligned" at least in the difference between each. Does it mean the cobb is accurate? No. But it would mean it at least logs the differences accurately.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=20131]Manders Mustang[/MENTION] considering that I recorded 380 hp on the Accessport and that essentially the only difference, performance wise, between your car and mine is the downpipe, then a difference of 20 hp makes also perfect sense. So it seems that the estimated hp recorded on the Accessport is a bit off, but at least it logs the differences relatively accurately.

However we always have to consider environmental factors such as ambient temperatures and pressure, that vary from country to country (or even within the same country) and play a significant role in car performance. For example when I logged my car, the ambient temperature was around 21 C (~70 F). I wonder what the estimated hp would be at 10 C (50 F). I will do another 3rd-4th gear pull around January, when the temps will be 5-10 C (41-50 F) and then another one during the summer, when the temperatures will be around 35-40 C (95-104 F)to see what hp I can log. Will keep you posted.

It would be nice to try to make some sort of database that lists mods, estimated hp (during 3rd-4th gear pulls at wot), as well as ambient temperature and then try to do some sort of compilation of the results. If some of you are interested, please post your results here.

Steve I will post this on our Mustang Europe group on Facebook as well.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
@Manders Mustang considering that I recorded 380 hp on the Accessport and that essentially the only difference, performance wise, between your car and mine is the downpipe, then a difference of 20 hp makes also perfect sense. So it seems that the estimated hp recorded on the Accessport is a bit off, but at least it logs the differences relatively accurately.

However we always have to consider environmental factors such as ambient temperatures and pressure, that vary from country to country (or even within the same country) and play a significant role in car performance. For example when I logged my car, the ambient temperature was around 21 C (~70 F). I wonder what the estimated hp would be at 10 C (50 F). I will do another 3rd-4th gear pull around January, when the temps will be 5-10 C (41-50 F) and then another one during the summer, when the temperatures will be around 35-40 C (95-104 F)to see what hp I can log. Will keep you posted.

It would be nice to try to make some sort of database that lists mods, estimated hp (during 3rd-4th gear pulls at wot), as well as ambient temperature and then try to do some sort of compilation of the results. If some of you are interested, please post your results here.

Steve I will post this on our Mustang Europe group on Facebook as well.
Make a shared excel sheet, lets get it logged

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
So this is what I believe we should log in the Excel file:

1. Mods
2. Max Estimated hp (AP)
3. Max Estimated Tq (AP)
4. Max Boost pressure (AP)
5. Ambient temp (AP)

Are you OK with the above? I was thinking to add Charge Air Temps and Ignition Timing as well, but they cannot be recorded in real time and simply posting max values doesn't make sense.

Lets keep the gauges on the AP up to 6, so that that they all fit in one screen, without the need to do a datalog. This way people can simply take a snapshot of their AP screen.

Let me know so that I prepare it. Should we post this in our group on Facebook as well, so that maybe Adam and other people can contribute (I think Adam is not a member of the M6G forums anymore)?

Sponsored

TimHixson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang EB Premium Auto
I will be delayed a bit in getting the bone stock numbers. We had snow this weekend and they salted the roads. The car is staying in the garage til that is gone.

trippleyelo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford f250 turbo diesel and 2016 mustang svo
Guys, so far, at least the differences in hp that that we see, seem realistic and justified by the mods (my mods on my signature).

[MENTION=20131]Manders Mustang[/MENTION]: ~400hp
[MENTION=27749]MakStang[/MENTION]: ~380hp (based on the latest run, see picture below)
[MENTION=28932]Jonahbonah[/MENTION]: ~355hp (need to do a more complete run)

At least the difference in hp between [MENTION=20131]Manders Mustang[/MENTION]’s car and mine seem to be real, based on the mods.

So [MENTION=29708]TimHixson[/MENTION] your input when you get back from your trip will be useful to help us verify if what we read on the AP is to some extend close to reality and to get a baseline. It would be nice to see the Estimated hp of other people as well, so feel free to contribute, it’s a fun little project.

My latest reading on the Accessport below:
is this dyno number jumbo to the wheels or crank ...:cheers:
can we see the snap shot of the dyno in a log form or just on ap screen

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=32046]trippleyelo[/MENTION] I don’t know how close to reality these numbers are, but it’s engine hp (to the crank). See post #65 above for a snapshot of my Accessport that shows my latest run. Cool, right?

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
I will be delayed a bit in getting the bone stock numbers. We had snow this weekend and they salted the roads. The car is staying in the garage til that is gone.
No worries man. Do it whenever it’s absolutely safe. We will be waiting ;)

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
No worries man. Do it whenever it’s absolutely safe. We will be waiting ;)
Did u see grahams post for stock numbers?
Sponsored