We tested the PP Springs at 165F / 728R
Sponsored

Driversound

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP
We tested the PP Springs at 165F / 728R
Now that's some useful info. I didn't know spring rates were kept secret by other manufacturers. Coming from trucks and wheeling, it was important for me to know spring rates for proper application.

What are BMR's spring rates at?

Daytona Coupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2017 Explorer Sport, Ducati Diavel
So Kelly..... :-)
You already told us you have Steeda springs on another shop car. I'm sure you measured them... Care to share the spring rates?

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
Fronts only!

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Now that's some useful info. I didn't know spring rates were kept secret by other manufacturers. Coming from trucks and wheeling, it was important for me to know spring rates for proper application.

What are BMR's spring rates at?
Yeah, I have never understood why companies do not promote or advertise their spring rates. We offer springs for many different vehicles, from 60's model platforms, to 2015 models (GM and Ford) - and we typically always advertise our rates.

I think a lot of companies re-badge springs, and advertising rates is something they may possibly think would hurt their sales. Not sure, but that may be a factor.

I have not exactly finalized all the rates for the various springs for the S550....but I can tell you the "Performance" springs are going to be in the 170F / 740-750R range. Handling will be 300F / 850~R and the drag, I am still working on some new rates....and do not really want to confirm the range of those yet. :thumbsup:

So Kelly..... :-)
You already told us you have Steeda springs on another shop car. I'm sure you measured them... Care to share the spring rates?
I did not state that I have their springs on one of our cars. I did state "competitor", though.

I do not plan on voicing our opinions publicly, in regards to the springs we have, and are testing.

The springs on one of our PP cars right now, are not Steeda. They are a spring that drops the car lower....and we are using them for geometry purposes to ensure our parts will jive with significant drops with others offerings. We are also testing them against our springs in terms of ride quality, and the effects they have on wheel rate when combined with our adjustable sway bars.

Sponsored

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Fronts only for me,the front seems to sit a little higher then the rear already,plus i want my extra space in the rear for tires !!!!!!!!!!!.

EcoboostJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford white Ecoboost Performance Package
All 4 for a PP Ecoboost. I spoke with you a couple weeks ago Kelly. I want that nice front rake stance.

Driversound

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP
Yeah, I have never understood why companies do not promote or advertise their spring rates. We offer springs for many different vehicles, from 60's model platforms, to 2015 models (GM and Ford) - and we typically always advertise our rates.

I think a lot of companies re-badge springs, and advertising rates is something they may possibly think would hurt their sales. Not sure, but that may be a factor.

I have not exactly finalized all the rates for the various springs for the S550....but I can tell you the "Performance" springs are going to be in the 170F / 740-750R range. Handling will be 300F / 850~R and the drag, I am still working on some new rates....and do not really want to confirm the range of those yet. :thumbsup:
I'm glad your performance spring rates are close to the PP rates. That way I can still use the OE dampers. Good thing I held off on springs.

Burnin4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Dying for a set of BMR springs, hate the fender gap on the front wheels, and want a tighter handling spring as well. Hurry Kelly! haha

Sponsored

black1985gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 GT premium
I'm in for a drop similar to the sportlines but with a linear spring rate as opposed to progressive.

BackInBlack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Front only, unless the package has a 1/2" difference or better between front and rear. The new Steeda springs only have an 1/8" difference :shrug: which you probably won't be able to see.

I don't understand why Ford had to rake towards the rear, unless they were recreating the '60s stance. My fix back in high school for my '69 was to add air shocks to rear to get that forward rake!

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RubyRed GT M6 Premium
Front only, unless the package has a 1/2" difference or better between front and rear. The new Steeda springs only have an 1/8" difference :shrug: which you probably won't be able to see.

I don't understand why Ford had to rake towards the rear, unless they were recreating the '60s stance. My fix back in high school for my '69 was to add air shocks to rear to get that forward rake!
LOL...and before that we used longer shackles for the rear leaf springs.

A linear spring with a rate a bit above stock with 1.2'' drop in the front and 1.0'' in the back.
I think maybe we should wait a little and see how the new steeda springs actually looks after installation. If its level with good fender gap then go with those numbers.

Mikeiscoo2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
damn you BMR I need your drag springs. how much do you think those will help with wheel hop alone? they should do quite a bit I would assume.
Sponsored