Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
Roughly once a week. I use 10 wash mitts, 1 bucket, a 235mph leaf blower and like 30 microfiber drying towels. Because I have so many wash mitts, drying towels and a leaf blower, washing is actually pretty quick, doesn't take more than half an hour. I don't have to spend time e.g. rinsing and reusing wash mitts (I just wash them between car washes) or wringing out drying towels.

Why so much towels and mitts? Is your car a semi?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored

CooterK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot GT PP
Right now my car is getting completely covered in pollen in about 5 seconds, so I'm not really bothering, but normally once a week.

Krootox23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
I actually bought a duster for my car since I live in Dusty California. Every morning like clock work I walk out and dust my car off. It allows me to go 2 weeks in between car wash visits minus the random clean freak outs thats when I go crazy about bug spots on my car. If a bird hits its mark then I do a standard clean and wax that day. So if you see a magnetic grey mustang and you see a guy on his knees scrubbing green dots off the side thats probably me while in California.

mvp90805

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabriel
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race red mustang GT premium
Oh dusters Oh no you won't see me holding that lol that makes too On the knees removing the dropping

SC_Sport_Pilot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gene
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Edge; 2015 GT PP, 06 F350 Dually
I am washing my car once a week and with pollen season beginning here in
South Carolina I am rinsing every other day. As it gets worse I will rinse
every evening when I get home from work.

Sponsored

nate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Premium PP
Why so much towels and mitts? Is your car a semi?

Mitts are cheap. I just wipe 1/10th of the car with one and then toss it back into the wash and move on to a fresh mitt. Since I don't have to be constantly wringing/washing/re-soaking my mitts, I don't need two buckets and washing is a heckuva lot quicker.

Minime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Mustang v6, 00 Chevy cavalier 155k miles
I actually wash my car once a month, but after every wash, she is clayed and waxed with 'Turtle wax black box.' My car is only driven 2 days a week and after that, she is covered. However, I live a miles from the Pacific Ocean, and like 20 trees that leave dust/pollen everywhere. So the next day, I lose that reflection because of all the dirt and grime.

My car is black too, so I try to minimize the swirls, but that's nearly impossible...

I can go every week if I wanted to, but I dont care to have time for that for such a car that I drive maybe 50 miles a week.

MagneticA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Manual v6 Mustang
I actually wash my car once a month, but after every wash, she is clayed and waxed with 'Turtle wax black box.' My car is only driven 2 days a week and after that, she is covered. However, I live a miles from the Pacific Ocean, and like 20 trees that leave dust/pollen everywhere. So the next day, I lose that reflection because of all the dirt and grime.

My car is black too, so I try to minimize the swirls, but that's nearly impossible...

I can go every week if I wanted to, but I dont care to have time for that for such a car that I drive maybe 50 miles a week.
You seriously clay and wax your car once a month, only having driven it about 200 miles each month?

Minime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Mustang v6, 00 Chevy cavalier 155k miles
You seriously clay and wax your car once a month, only having driven it about 200 miles each month?
YEP!:) Being a mile from the Pacific Ocean, I am prone to sea salt errosion. On top of the many trees (especially this season) leaving pollen and dust. Plus my paint is not good quality from the previous

owner. Sure...I may only drive her 200 miles a month, but those 200 miles, I NEED to look good and so does the car. Its just the way I roll. This is actually my first car and she only has 41k miles on it, its a 2008 V6 Pony Package.

MagneticA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Manual v6 Mustang
YEP!:) Being a mile from the Pacific Ocean, I am prone to sea salt errosion. On top of the many trees (especially this season) leaving pollen and dust. Plus my paint is not good quality from the previous

owner. Sure...I may only drive her 200 miles a month, but those 200 miles, I NEED to look good and so does the car. Its just the way I roll. This is actually my first car and she only has 41k miles on it, its a 2008 V6 Pony Package.
Lot of love between you and that car. I bet she looks fabulous!

Sponsored

mvp90805

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabriel
Vehicle(s)
once a week baby once a week

pctek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium DIB 401A
Well, we in California now have a 25% manditory water reduction law. So since I won't take my new pony to a car wash and let them scratch my car, I guess I'll hand wash once every couple of months or until our Apt. owners lock the outside faucets.

GordieBobfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 6MT, PP, Triple Yellow
I'm still in obsession mode so I've washed it 6 times in 5 days :/

Surtur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
on my 14 charger i wash once a week.

on my new 15 stang i wash every time i look at it, so probably 2 times a day :D

mvp90805

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabriel
Vehicle(s)
detail spray is a beautiful thing, u can spray it once a day have it looking nice between wash
Sponsored