NoahsArk117

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Noah
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT California Special
Hey everyone,

I've had three Mustangs so far (Two EB and a GT). Everytime I'm washing my car when I spray over the door handle it triggers the touch sensor and flicks the lights. I know its incredibly petty, but it annoys me, every Mustang I've owned does this and there has got to be a way to stop it! Whether I leave the keys in the car, in my pocket or in the house doesn't make a difference, it doesn't matter if the car is locked or unlocked. Does this happen to you guys? Do you guys just ignore it? Help....

Thanks
Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I just lock the car then put the key in my house. The key simply has to be out of range and the proximity lock/unlock feature won't work. Buy a faraday pouch. Or disable proximity entry in the menus before you wash.

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
It's normal. Get a security pouch and put your key fob in there. Just don't leave the fob in the pouch in the car or you could lock yourself out.

However, lights flickering in a self service carwash is normal

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
I just leave the key fob in the cup holder when I'm washing the Mustang. I have done this for various makes and models with key-less entry/start.

With the key in your pocket, the process of water passing against the sensor triggers the unlock/lock.

Once the key is in the car, the car assumes you are in the car and therefore will not be triggered by the water pressure against the sensor.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I leave the key fob in the garage... it also got annoying for me as well if the key fob was in my pocket when washing the car.
Sponsored