Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Base w/ Performance Package
My point wasn't that you couldn't cut it and re-weld it and make it work... Practically anything can be made to work. You originally touted no welds as a feature, "The intake is one piece, no extra unnecessary welding." I applaud your customer service though. :thumbsup:
Exactly, but we don't want to leave a customer behind if they do upgrade. I think the best option is to have a "buy-back" program, and we will sell the used intakes at a discounted price.

Either way, anybody that has a product from us that needs to be changed for the turbo kit will be rewarded for their loyalty to our brand! :thumbsup:
Sponsored

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Base w/ Performance Package

15svo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
95 gt far from stock 15 ecoboost delivered 2/9/15
And also a big thanks to dirtylove at the shop another one of the many masterminds at map!

Sponsored

RubyRedBoost

Traded EB old name New GT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT with PP
Could you shed a little light on why you went away from the twin scroll setup. Also what power #s are you shooting towards?

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Cost benefit ratio I would guess, but Im sure MAP will chime in.

15svo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
95 gt far from stock 15 ecoboost delivered 2/9/15
The theory is to slow down the low rpm big spike in tq and carry the hp and tq threw the entire rpm range the massive low end tq these motors make will kill the motor before the the true hp is achieved taking out the quick spooling twin scroll the motor will still make big tq numbers as well as hp from start to finish rpm.

Impulsed7

HPDE Champion
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
EB PP track rat...
The theory is to slow down the low rpm big spike in tq and carry the hp and tq threw the entire rpm range the massive low end tq these motors make will kill the motor before the the true hp is achieved taking out the quick spooling twin scroll the motor will still make big tq numbers as well as hp from start to finish rpm.
That's almost along the right track, except the twin scroll is for spooling faster, as in getting into the boost from throttle tip in, not just rpms. More than likely its that the precision is already quick spooling, and will be easier to bolt up as a single scroll, and just size it right to the 2.3 and we should have a good well priced solution.

greg hazlett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion Sport
In talking to other people who have used Precision turbo's they don't have a good track record when it comes to leaking/reliability,..

Sponsored

Impulsed7

HPDE Champion
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
EB PP track rat...
Local shop uses them on everything, and my old 6266 was framing hammer reliable compared to the Garret that came with it.

RubyRedBoost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT with PP
My question was for MAPerformance. While I appreciate all the comments. I'd rather my question be answered appropriately by MAP. Rather than lost in pointless banter and shenanigans that plagues most these threads. Not trying to come off like a "richard", sorry just too many experts on here.

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
My question was for MAPerformance. While I appreciate all the comments. I'd rather my question be answered appropriately by MAP. Rather than lost in pointless banter and shenanigans that plagues most these threads. Not trying to come off like a "richard", sorry just too many experts on here.
PM's would be more direct if you only want them to answer. It is a "Public" forum after all.

RubyRedBoost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT with PP
I figured others might want the same information. Maybe had the same question. I'm aware this is a "public" forum. Thanks. I'll only use PMs now.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.