MAPerformance: Ultimate R&D Thread | Air, Fuel, & Turbo Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewSVO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard boost premium 6mt
Stock intake would be impossible, we will be seeing what modifications need to be done to our intake to make it work. The more we develop this the more it is going to look like an inclusive kit that will include intake, downpipe (if you have our downpipe it will connect to the v-band at the adapter), External Wastegate, passenger charge pipe with BOV, oil lines, and coolant lines.

It will utilize the stock intercooler, our intercooler, and any aftermarket intercooler that has the the inlet/outlet in the factory locations.
Hopefully the current MAP CAI works, I'd hate to just have it on for a couple months then get rid of it.
Sponsored

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Base w/ Performance Package
Hopefully the current MAP CAI works, I'd hate to just have it on for a couple months then get rid of it.
I hear you definitely, we will do our best to reuse the intake in some way. If not, you will have no problem selling your MAP intake if you upgrade. I promise you that! :cheers:

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
If you look at the mounting location you can see that is basically impossible (or at best not ideal whatsoever). One piece intakes are nice looks wise but not flexible to future changes.

Edit: I agree with MAP BTW that it shouldn't be hard to sell your old CAI at least.

Nihil

Cowabunga
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Grey Goop
Would be nice for a slightly bigger or modified stock turbo setup that could get us a more leveled out hp/tq and end up around 350-370 to the wheels that is cost effective. This kit you guys are working in I suspect will be $2.5-3.5k by my guestimation.

Sponsored

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
You are persistent, I will give you that; why do you want a passenger side intake so bad when all the companies out there including Ford already did the r&d on why they placed it on the drivers side??????
I agree, not my favorite idea. The radiator reservoir is in the way, the windshield wiper fluid reservoir is in the way and the radiator coolant line is in the way, plus the grill isn't opened up on that side to let air in. Sound like a lot of work. Just think of all the people that are afraid to cut some plastic to make a bigger IC fit, doubt moving all that stuff would be a popular option.

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Base w/ Performance Package
If you look at the mounting location you can see that is basically impossible (or at best not ideal whatsoever). One piece intakes are nice looks wise but not flexible to future changes.

Edit: I agree with MAP BTW that it shouldn't be hard to sell your old CAI at least.
Not 100% true, we might be able to do a return service where you buy our kit, ship your MAP intake for stock turbo in with a return label supplied to us and we will convert your intake to work with the turbo kit. If you look at the middle of the intake the bend there could be cut and welded onto.

Again, won't be able to answer this 100% until prototyping is done next week.

Herr_Poopschitz

Nullius in verba
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Junk
You are persistent, I will give you that; why do you want a passenger side intake so bad when all the companies out there including Ford already did the r&d on why they placed it on the drivers side??????
Short, straight, and large diameter is more better.:D

Ford has other considerations, and some of more importance, than many of us.

I agree that it may not be a marketable option for production. Just another thing that will separate the buy and bolt on from the true DIY crowd.
:headbang:

greg hazlett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion Sport
Until you take into account all the items that dragon pointed out but to each their own...always someone out there that wants the wheel re-invented..:shrug:

Sponsored

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Not 100% true, we might be able to do a return service where you buy our kit, ship your MAP intake for stock turbo in with a return label supplied to us and we will convert your intake to work with the turbo kit. If you look at the middle of the intake the bend there could be cut and welded onto.

Again, won't be able to answer this 100% until prototyping is done next week.

My point wasn't that you couldn't cut it and re-weld it and make it work... Practically anything can be made to work. You originally touted no welds as a feature, "The intake is one piece, no extra unnecessary welding." I applaud your customer service though. :thumbsup:

Herr_Poopschitz

Nullius in verba
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Junk
greg hazlett said:
...always someone out there that wants the wheel re-invented..:shrug:
Yep, carbon wheels must be a waste of time...shoulda just kept some good ol' 14x6" steelies...

Devil's in the details. Some are willing to work harder than others for greater performance or to achieve a certain goal.

dragonacc said:
You originally touted no welds as a feature, "The intake is one piece, no extra unnecessary welding."
Personally I find a nice bead quite aesthetically pleasing...

boostedCO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange ecoboost
Any word on coolant tank - catch cans yet? Waiting to order until I see what you guys come up with.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.